[ABD] ExtremeDark Red for phpBB 3.0.0

Any abandoned 3.0.x Styles will be moved to this forum.
GHS
Name: Guilherme Sehn

Re: [ Release ] ExtremeDark Red for phpBB 3.0.0

Post by GHS »

Style updated to Beta 1.1.

I already updated the file in the server, so the link to download is the same as the first time, and is located in the first post.

The changes can be found here: http://www.ghsehn.cjb.net/phpbb-works/e ... anges.html
atbnet

Post by atbnet »

I am using this style on my forum now and it looks great. It is very close to the layout I used when I used vB. Thank you!
GHS
Name: Guilherme Sehn

Post by GHS »

Thanks! ;)
altoidboy

Post by altoidboy »

i installed this style but am having some very weird problems with it.

i can't delete posts at all, even though i'm global moderator AND founder AND every page says "you can delete posts in this forum" indicating my permissions are right. but if i switch back to prosilver, everything works properly.

i also can't change the writer of a post, even though my permissions state that i should be able to. i just get a phpbb error. again, if i switch back to prosilver, everything works fine.

there are a few other minor oddities, but enough to scare me away from this until it's debugged.
Emily

Post by Emily »

altoidboy wrote:i installed this style but am having some very weird problems with it.

i can't delete posts at all, even though i'm global moderator AND founder AND every page says "you can delete posts in this forum" indicating my permissions are right. but if i switch back to prosilver, everything works properly.

i also can't change the writer of a post, even though my permissions state that i should be able to. i just get a phpbb error. again, if i switch back to prosilver, everything works fine.

there are a few other minor oddities, but enough to scare me away from this until it's debugged.
I'm having this issue too, any chance of a fix?
altoidboy

Post by altoidboy »

emily, i had to give up on it, the problems were too grave.

i found out from another thread elsewhere that some templates made for earlier betas of phpbb 3 may have this issue because something changed during development. so that must have been what happened, and it hasn't been fixed.

my solution was to go to another template. i found codeblack (also in this forum) which is a similar theme, dark, and does not have that problem. it's perfect. i find it equally cool, and of course you can mod it to match your colors.
stevekingsley

Post by stevekingsley »

Damn. Ok that's my problem. I switched over to prosilver & was able to delete.

So it's just this style. That sucks I really liked it.
cwaring

Post by cwaring »

I assume this (the delete problem) will be fixed at some point? I hope so as the colour scheme is perfect for my site!
Carl Waring
Admin, Virgin Media Info Forums
http://www.virginmediainfo.co.uk
altoidboy

Post by altoidboy »

i agree extremedarkred is a really nice skin, however, after switching over to codeblack (also available in this forum) i have been MORE happy with codeblack overall. you can always use codeblack and then mod its colors to match extremedarkred more.

i'm assuming since this thread hasn't been replied to by its original author (the writer of extremedarkred) that he may not have an interest in fixing its bugs. maybe he hasn't upgraded his phpbb3 yet. :)
cwaring

Post by cwaring »

altoidboy wrote:i agree extremedarkred is a really nice skin, however, after switching over to codeblack (also available in this forum) i have been MORE happy with codeblack overall. you can always use codeblack and then mod its colors to match extremedarkred more.
That's a valid point, of course. Not sure if I dare try to alter it though. I have a habit of breaking things ;) :D

If anyone succesfully changes, say, codeblack to look more like ExtremeDarkRed I'd appreciate a copy of the CSS file or whatever. I don't really want to break my Forum messing with this stuff. I'd rather leave it to the experts ;)
Carl Waring
altoidboy

Post by altoidboy »

you won't break it. it's not the css of extremedarkred that's incompatible with phpbb3, it's other stuff in the templates (php files).

css is pretty easy to navigate around once you know your way.

you may want to download firefox's web developer or firebug extensions. that'll let you look at a page and identify what css class is controlling what element on the page. then just modify the css to taste, changing each color to your desired color until you get it looking the way you want it.
cwaring

Post by cwaring »

altoidboy wrote:you won't break it. it's not the css of extremedarkred that's incompatible with phpbb3, it's other stuff in the templates (php files).
In that case I definately won't be touching it!
Carl Waring
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard »

To fix the delete problem,
Open: confirm_body.html
Find:

Code: Select all

value="{YES_VALUE} button"
Replace with:

Code: Select all

value="{YES_VALUE}"
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.
cwaring

Post by cwaring »

Nice one! Thanks :D Have a virtual drink on me!
Carl Waring
cwaring

Post by cwaring »

Okay. Good news and bad news.

Good - I did the edit and can now delete posts.
Bad - I can't now log-in to the ACP. Getting the error message "You are not able to re-authenticate as a different user.". So I can't log in to change the template away from ExtremeDarkRed to see if that template's the problem :roll:

Help!
Carl Waring

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned Styles”