Warning notifications

https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
Toxyy

Re: Warning notifications

Post by Toxyy »

HiFiKabin wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:49 am Fora
I never thought to make forum as a neuter in the second declension. TIL thank you
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
M.O.B.

Post by M.O.B. »

LavIgor wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:16 pm This idea isn't about receiving notifications but about making the life easier to moderators.
Currently you cannot issue a warning and stay anonymised to the user.

Possibly anonymising a moderator is better than exposing his/her name sometimes.
You still can appeal against a warning by sending a PM to anyone on the board's team.
Yes, I agree.

I've also asked if the phpBB devs can give us that option: https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... 81&t=55131

If not, then perhaps an extension could possibly be brewed up?
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

Drakath wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:54 pm If the notification would include a warning reason then it would perfectly serve its function. When receiving a private message people tend to believe that these messages were not automated and that they are expected to respond. Including a note that the message was not personally sent by the admin is also possible but is rather inconvenient.
You can probably edit the language file and add that "This is an automated message to do not respond to it" or something like that.
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
Drakath

Post by Drakath »

Mannix_ wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:19 am You can probably edit the language file and add that "This is an automated message to do not respond to it" or something like that.
That is not a viable solution since it would be required to change the language file every time phpBB is updated. Keep in mind that not every board owner is as tech-savvy as you might imagine.

In addition, by changing warning private messages to notifications, it would probably be possible to remove the notification if the warning is removed. Some people accidentally issue warnings and removing them does not retract the private message.

Return to “phpBB Ideas”