Add report id into links to reports on the MCP front page

https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
maluki

Add report id into links to reports on the MCP front page

Post by maluki »

The MCP front page generates links to reports without the report id, just the post id.

MCP Front, latest 5 reports:
.../mcp.php?p=<post_id>&i=reports&mode=report_details#reports
As soon as the report is closed the link is no longer working and gives "This report has already been closed.".

In MCP Reported messages the link to a report is different and contains the report id:
.../mcp.php?i=reports&start=0&mode=report_details&r=<report_id>
Such a link works always, even if the report is closed.

Some moderators work with the front page only and copy the link from there to discuss it in with the team. As a result the discussion lacks a valid link to the report as soon as the report is closed.

I would like to have a permanently working link in both places.

For reports on posts it is possible to modify the link on the front page via events core.mcp_front_reports_listing_query_before and core.mcp_front_view_modify_reported_post_row. But such events do not exists for pm reports.
AmigoJack

Re: Add report id into links to reports on the MCP front page

Post by AmigoJack »

For obscure reasons report_id is not selected for posts, but is for PMs. Links for "LATEST 5 PM REPORTS" also look the same way they do when viewing PM report details: with the report ID and no PM ID in it:

/mcp.php?r=666&i=pm_reports&mode=pm_report_details

"LATEST 5 REPORTS" has simply been inconsistent to the rest since 3.0 over all the years. It should select the report ID and it should provide the same URI it does for viewing post report details. And while being at it: the unneeded start=0 parameter in any post report detail URI can be removed, too.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
maluki

Re: Add report id into links to reports on the MCP front page

Post by maluki »

Oops, I didn't check pm reports, I just assumed they are the same. Nice that they are correct on both places.

I discovered a difference between the two links to post reports.
When opening the report from Last 5 reports I get links to Moderate forum, Moderate topic and Moderate post. Those are not available when opening the report from Reported messages.
A link to a report with post_id and report_id displays those three moderator links and works when the report is closed.

Another thing is #reports. It is added in the template for Last 5 reports (posts, not pm) but not in Reported messages. It has no effect as the report detail page does not have an element with id="reports", just id="report" (missing s).

Return to “phpBB Ideas”