ACP - Modules positions

https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
hexplor
Name: Karol

ACP - Modules positions

Post by hexplor » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:13 pm

This is the last one - I promise.

I know that this thing is HUGE so i don't expect it to be implemented soon. It's just a kind of suggestion. Something worth considering for the future.

Wordpress has a widget system. Joomla has module positions management. Would LOVE to see similar feature in phpBB. It won't have to be so sophisticated like in scripts above but an option for example to place separate parts of forum in different places would be useful.

Let's say I want WhoIsOnline Module or Search or Login placed at the top. In ACP we can create something like; Forum parts or Forum Modules section, and each of these, let's call it "modules" has an value (checkbox) to be placed on specific forum areas: top, bottom, left or right. Thanks to that, user has a huge amount of layout configuration possibilities.

----------

View idea at: ACP - Modules positions

Posted by hexplor

keith10456

Re: ACP - Modules positions

Post by keith10456 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:05 am

Yes, definitely! This will give forum owners more customization options so every board doesn't look the same except for the color.

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Oh please - basic HTML and CSS knowledge and you can customize all templates yourself. A "drag your world" interface surely is easier for less familiar adminstrators, but it would impact overall performance as new conditions need to be checked everytime.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member
Name: Mark Barnes

Post by MarkTheDaemon » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:06 pm

AmigoJack wrote:Oh please - basic HTML and CSS knowledge and you can customize all templates yourself. A "drag your world" interface surely is easier for less familiar adminstrators, but it would impact overall performance as new conditions need to be checked everytime.
There are more board administrators out there that don't know HTML and CSS than those that do. Not sure how anybody could say this was a bad suggestion. +1.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:33 pm

Ideas Bot wrote: let's call it "modules"
Let's call them blocks (as in portal blocks) because modules already has a different connotation in phpBB.

Some portal pages offer a similar functionality now, the various elements are placed into separate blocks and you can arrange the blocks on the portal page pretty much as you want.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

peopleopinion

Post by peopleopinion » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Yes for this.

Mouse drag'n drop feature by moving blocks/section to configure layout is a splendid idea :idea: !

+1 without doubts.

But +1 too if there is a system similar to that used to move up and down forums that uses just two arrows.
Last edited by peopleopinion on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please explicate why you voted negative or positive, so it will be possible to better understand each one's point of view.
Please visit and vote my website and express freely your opinion on it (phpbb ver.: 3.0.12):
http://peopleopinion.altervista.org
Thanks. Best Regards, peopleopinion.

Master_Cylinder

Post by Master_Cylinder » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:27 am

Too much like the portal ideas that have been rejected over and over. I doubt it'll happen...

Return to “phpBB Ideas”