https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Re: Gender

Post by Danielx64 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:35 am

Techie-Micheal wrote:Yes, drive people away. Why on earth should I be forced to provide identifying information about myself if I don't want to? I refuse to register for sites that force the use of Facebook login. They don't need access to that information. I refuse to register for sites that force me to provide more information than is necessary to participate. Laugh all you want, but I just gave you an example.
^ This
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:58 am

I dislike this because MODs easily solve that no matter how "recent" they are.

On top most gender selections don't expect a person to have both sexes. Also addressing persons by the language is often misunderstood because of mixing up genus and sexus: when I say "he is right" there is no need that the addressee is male, since "he" in first term refers to "the user".
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member
Name: Mark Barnes

Post by MarkTheDaemon » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:14 pm

-1, this is what custom profile fields are designed for.

peopleopinion

Post by peopleopinion » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:36 pm

Sorry, may be I'm stupid person but I cannot understand why a web site where I register to express my opinion has to log my sex... Are male (o female) opinion more important than the counterpart just because one is male and the other is female?
And if some one is not a well defined "male or female" what can he/she fill in that field "Unknown"?

Comeon -1 !

Sorry I don't what to be offensive. But to express an opinion on forums to know the sex is not needed.
Last edited by peopleopinion on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please explicate why you voted negative or positive, so it will be possible to better understand each one's point of view.
Please visit and vote my website and express freely your opinion on it (phpbb ver.: 3.0.12):
http://peopleopinion.altervista.org
Thanks. Best Regards, peopleopinion.

tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Post by tbackoff » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:44 am

Volksdevil wrote:On many forums I've used, I have seen countless examples of replies to posts such as:
"Cheers mate"
Cheers dude"
Thanks bro"
Welcome along man"

When these replies were to Women
This website has a CPF for your name. I put mine in, and still get the "cheers mate" and "thanks bro" comments. If people won't look at the CPF for my name, what makes you think they'll look at what my gender is?

Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.

Return to “phpBB Ideas”