WYSIWYG editor

https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
brunoais

Re: WYSIWYG editor

Post by brunoais »

MohamedAG wrote: -BBCode "IS" lightweight markup language (which makes it "BBCode" a sub division of Markdown language)
Show me where you can make a relationship between MarkDown and BBCode.
This means that you need to logically prove that, there's, at least, for 1 MarkDown interpretable command, there's, 1 BBCode correspondence and that for all BBCode, there's a MarkDown correspondence (that's what defines as a subset).
MohamedAG wrote: -Syfony framework (I assume) will insure its security.
How can a general purpose framework ensure that XSS, XSRF, etc... Does not happen in markup that it does not recognize?
Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Post by Meis2M »

this idea status is in progress ... is still that?
phpBB persian international support
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM
Ultimate phpBB SEO Friendly URL extension
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

We don't need this, a WYSIWYG editor is asinine, carries the format and crap with a copied text and is a PITA to mess around with. I say let the feature remain a user choice by virtue of an extension. This isn't Xenforo which is an asinine a$$ backwards forum software. I prefer to mold and customize my own forum and if a WYSIWYG editor is part of the core, at least give the user an on/off switch in the ACP for it.

And I see it's a work in progress never mind the other great ideas that SHOULD be a work in progress. I may have to strip the hell out of this crap.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
brunoais

Post by brunoais »

I still believe that some kind of complete WYSIWYG editor where the formatting buttons still work when in source mode is a great thing.
Problem is: There's only one editor like that and that same editor is nearly abandoned by its creator.
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

John connor wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:38 pm
We don't need this, a WYSIWYG editor is asinine, carries the format and crap with a copied text and is a PITA to mess around with. I say let the feature remain a user choice by virtue of an extension. This isn't Xenforo which is an asinine a$$ backwards forum software. I prefer to mold and customize my own forum and if a WYSIWYG editor is part of the core, at least give the user an on/off switch in the ACP for it.

And I see it's a work in progress never mind the other great ideas that SHOULD be a work in progress. I may have to strip the hell out of this crap.
Please be respectful to the ideas of others when posting here.
The fact that you won't use it doesn't justify holding a rant with some cuss words in such an aggressive way.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Return to “phpBB Ideas”