Easier Video Integration

https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
Master_Cylinder

Re: Easier Video Integration

Post by Master_Cylinder »

peopleopinion wrote: Web is a democratic place. But to be really democratic has to be comfortable for everyone and not only for "insiders" like us ;) .
No, it's mostly anarchist/fascist where the admins make the rules and the rest must follow or be banished if they refuse. Very few places allow votes for everything and even if more did, it would merely become oppression of the minority by mob-rule. :D

It'd be nice if all of the variations of the YT URLs would work but eventually the members will figure it out as long as one way works.
peopleopinion

Post by peopleopinion »

Master_Cylinder wrote:
peopleopinion wrote: Web is a democratic place. But to be really democratic has to be comfortable for everyone and not only for "insiders" like us ;) .
No, it's mostly anarchist/fascist where the admins make the rules and the rest must follow or be banished if they refuse. Very few places allow votes for everything and even if more did, it would merely become oppression of the minority by mob-rule. :D

It'd be nice if all of the variations of the YT URLs would work but eventually the members will figure it out as long as one way works.
Well... ehmmm... actually... you are right... :D
But it is not my better idea of network.
But it is true too that everyone, theoretically, could have his own web site to express more or less freely his own opinion... Well... more or less... :cry:
Please explicate why you voted negative or positive, so it will be possible to better understand each one's point of view.
Please visit and vote my website and express freely your opinion on it (phpbb ver.: 3.0.12):
http://peopleopinion.altervista.org
Thanks. Best Regards, peopleopinion.
Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations
Name: Jakub

Post by Senky »

My opinion is, that this should be an extension. Why?
  1. How do you choose list of sites? Youtube only? YT and FB? And what about Vimeo? There will be still so much more sites to support!
  2. Embed code changes. How fast can you react on that? For now, new version of phpBB is released like twice a year? Extensions will be updated regularly, having chance to fix issues in a week or so.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎📝‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎🔔 ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎🛠
Forms Extension | Browser & Mobile Notifications Extension | Mixed Content Fixer Extension
peopleopinion

Post by peopleopinion »

Senky wrote:My opinion is, that this should be an extension. Why?
  1. How do you choose list of sites? Youtube only? YT and FB? And what about Vimeo? There will be still so much more sites to support!
  2. Embed code changes. How fast can you react on that? For now, new version of phpBB is released like twice a year? Extensions will be updated regularly, having chance to fix issues in a week or so.

Frequently happens that extensions or mods stop development. When it happens admins must deinstal them from their phpbb forum losing the feature or replace them with another one updating manually every post where the old one was used if the new one implemented cannot handle correctly the old code used into the post. A core feature instead will ever be. Upgrades at core features will be ever able recto-compatible. So I'm for the core option.
Please explicate why you voted negative or positive, so it will be possible to better understand each one's point of view.
Please visit and vote my website and express freely your opinion on it (phpbb ver.: 3.0.12):
http://peopleopinion.altervista.org
Thanks. Best Regards, peopleopinion.
ukautoforums

Post by ukautoforums »

I would love to see this implemented in core Phpbb.

I don't like using mods, I understand they can be useful but in nearly all instances the author gets bored, leaves the developer and you're stuck when an update comes along.

If anyone wants to see this in action, install Worspress and use that, it works fantastic for media embeds and is well ahead of the phpbb topic editor.

Return to “phpBB Ideas”