wesos19
Posted:
Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:35 am
Rating:
New
wesos19

Translation option

Post by wesos19 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:35 am

Add the ability to translate Spanish to English and the other way around. Option to choose a language to view the forum in, translation from one to the other. Real time updated preferred.

----------

View idea at: Translation option

Posted by wesos19

Master_Cylinder

Re: Translation option

Post by Master_Cylinder » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:20 am

Just Spanish/English? I think that might be a better Extension than a core feature since not all boards support more than one language and limiting to just those would be rather exclusive. I don't know how much bloat that would add nor how much more CPU/memory it would take to update in real time.

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Can't most browsers already translate?
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

peopleopinion

Post by peopleopinion » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Jessica wrote:Can't most browsers already translate?
Yes and from-to more languages pairs than Spanish-English only.

Also implementing the feature for post translation directly in phpbb might be a huge / giant work for creating dictionary translation correspondences... well I really don't know if such work is materially doable: it still is a big work to translate boards in more languages. I think it is enough.

But may be I have misunderstood weason19 idea.
Might be he meant to implement some kind of selector linked to other online services like google translator that does the translation job?
Well in this case too, most browsers can already translate entirely a page in seconds: I use this feature a lot, nevertheless the robot translation isn't accurate.

In conclusion I'don't really see this one as an useful implementation for phpbb.
Please explicate why you voted negative or positive, so it will be possible to better understand each one's point of view.
Please visit and vote my website and express freely your opinion on it (phpbb ver.: 3.0.12):
http://peopleopinion.altervista.org
Thanks. Best Regards, peopleopinion.

Return to “phpBB Ideas”