Fall back to DB authentication if LDAP fails

https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
AmigoJack

Re: Fall back to DB authentication if LDAP fails

Post by AmigoJack »

That's more like a personal request than an idea helping everyone, as it doesn't honor all the other authentication methods. A better idea would be an ability to define multiple authentication methods in a given order, not bound to LDAP issues only.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
KhurramMunawar
Name: Khurram Munawar

Post by KhurramMunawar »

What I think is interesting, though, is that you downvoted the entire idea rather than supporting the idea with above tweaks. It's been pretty eye-opening to see the attitudes of members of the phpBB community. It explains a lot about the current state of phpBB.
Downvoting the idea is the right of phpBB community. We support for what we think is right for other phpBB users, and we dislike for what we think is not necessary for phpBB community.
As a phpBB user you have the same rights too, hence your attitude doesn't reflect the current state of phpBB. Your attitude only reflects you.
Get Free Traffic To Your Website
Trafficonic.com - Free Traffic To Your Website
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Thought it would be obvious I downvoted for the reasons I stated, and the current idea (which can't be modified) is wrong. That's not negative, that's consistent.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Loosus456 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:53 pmWhat I think is interesting, though, is that you downvoted the entire idea rather than supporting the idea with above tweaks.
You have two choices and that’s democracy.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “phpBB Ideas”