amulheirn
Posted:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:50 am
Rating:
New
Ideas Bot

Drag and drop attachment improvement

Post by Ideas Bot » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:50 am

When dragging an image into the editing window of a post, the image is attached successfully in the 'attachments' section, but does not yet appear in the post. You have to either click the 'Place Inline' button, or drag the attachment from below the editing window to put the image inline.

Could this be changed (or made optional behaviour) so that if it is an image, the file is automatically placed inline at the location where the mouse-button was released in the editing window?

This change would make a two-step process for embedding images into a one-step process.

canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Re: Drag and drop attachment improvement

Post by canonknipser » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:38 am

Not everybody likes to have his attachments placed inline - and the other think is, where to you place it when you have a existing text you want to enrich with images
Greetings
Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
no support via PM or mail

amulheirn

Re: Drag and drop attachment improvement

Post by amulheirn » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:01 pm

Sure - I understand your point about not necessarily wanting attachments to be in-line. I think that's why I suggested it could be optional (somehow - via ACP or personal user settings maybe?) Certainly if the attachment was an EXE or something then you wouldn't want in-line attachment.

I'm just looking for ways that make it easier for my (mostly non-technical) forum users to put up interesting forum posts with photos. I feel that forums have quite a lot to compete with now that Facebook/Instagram/Twitter and so on exist. We see a reduction in forum usage due to the competition's ease-of-use when it comes to photos. So the easier it can be made, the better. Your help yesterday on resizing images was a great start, so thanks for that! Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Andrew

Return to “phpBB Ideas”