warmweer
Posted:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:52 am
Rating:
Invalid
Ideas Bot

Ideas Forum: show own vote in topics list

Post by Ideas Bot » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:52 am

This is an idea specifically for this Ideas Forum, not for a default phpBB installation.

Currently I still have around 100 topics to read (and perhaps to vote in). As it stands now, from the topiclist I can't see what I voted (not even whether I voted) so (memory failing) I have to reopen each topic to see whether I voted (and whether I still stand by my vote).

I suggest adding something to the topic icon so that the user can see how he voted (red star/blue star/no star implying no vote yet).

juliokr

Re: Ideas Forum: show own vote in topics list

Post by juliokr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:01 am

There is no obligation to vote for every idea. If you vote only those who you are interested in it would make more sense

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:45 am

juliokr wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:01 am
There is no obligation to vote for every idea. If you vote only those who you are interested in it would make more sense
Agreed, but there is bias in the vote result. Currently there is no option to vote NEUTRAL which implies that a +10 result could be reached with 10 votes only and also with 10 YES votes and 100 NEUTRAL, the latter providing more information as to the real need of the proposed change. What about 20 YES and 10 NO? (with or without 100 NEUTRAL).

I don't know the criteria used to determine whether an idea is going to be accepted for implementation in the core (and it won't change my life knowing those criteria) but having the extra information does give a better insight into the attention the idea grabbed.

BTW I just noticed that I seem to have neglected to add the NEUTRAL option in my idea - consider that added at this time since I can't edit my post. (sorry david63, you voted already but are free to change your vote)
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Marcus Vinicius

Post by _Vinny_ » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:21 am

To suggest ideas for phpBB Ideas, please use the website tracker or post in the issue tracker of ideas in github.

Return to “phpBB Ideas”