GDPR Official Extension

https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
GanstaZ

GDPR Official Extension

Post by GanstaZ »

Maybe it can make some people happier & stop that pointless cycle in phpBB Discussion forum about GDPR. All the info that is needed => Reference Re: New GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and phpBB
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
GanstaZ

Re: GDPR Official Extension

Post by GanstaZ »

I'm sorry for double post, but there's no way to edit first post. I forgot to mention, that there is one more way how to handle this. Assign Official status if it's possible to [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy extension.
zorni

Post by zorni »

GanstaZ wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:06 am I'm sorry for double post, but there's no way to edit first post. I forgot to mention, that there is one more way how to handle this. Assign Official status if it's possible to [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy extension.
This extension is better suited for the purposes we have - and it's in active development status: https://github.com/tas2580/privacyprotection
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

If you want to request an extension, official or otherwise, you should make an extension request.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

Yeah, title is misleading. Let's put it like this: decline or accept (reference link in my first post, that is pointing to a post made by CHItA). Yes or no, that is all there is. After official answer we can all do whatever we were doing.
PS. If official answer will be no, then this idea can be deleted, because there's no need to make it as a new (4-th?) discussion topic about gdpr & people can focus on one of those extensions mentioned above. There's nothing more to add.
Talk19Zehn

Re: GDPR / DGSVO Official Extension

Post by Talk19Zehn »

GDPR / DGSVO Official Extension

Hello, an official extension for the software phpBB speak (a software that is used worldwide - even in Europe). And this request to the development team should not be overlooked. There is a chance for phpBB in and for Europe.

A start has been made: Many thanks in this moment to tas2580

Regards
Best regards
phpBB3 Designs - My own works: Stylearea Ongray-Designs, Adventinducement-Calendar for phpBB
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

As per the link that was used to start this request
....if you handle more sensitive data and you need more features, then it is your responsibility to implement them. In general, it is your responsibility to comply with any laws that you're a subject of, and in case of GDPR we are not able to solve everything for every one
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

I fully agree. Everything that is mentioned in that post is more than enough.
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

This is serious? :shock:

Others update their software ... for example, Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. for this new "rule", and the European users of phpBB should we request an extension, be it official or not?

This should be part of the phpBB core, to adapt to the laws or regulations of its users, unless Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, etc. users. let's not be part of phpBB

I'm really impressed. :roll: :?
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Raul [ThE KuKa] wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:19 pm This is serious? :shock:

Others update their software ... for example, Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. for this new "rule", and the European users of phpBB should we request an extension, be it official or not?

This should be part of the phpBB core, to adapt to the laws or regulations of its users, unless Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, etc. users. let's not be part of phpBB

I'm really impressed. :roll: :?
I'm very strongly inclined to agree (to put it mildly).
phpBB as it is released now, forces the admin to change some default setting and change the registration agreement in order to be more or less compliant with GDPR (preferably more).
Not every admin is knowledgeable enough to "mess" with the files nor understands what has changed!
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Return to “phpBB Ideas”