Upgrade Word Censor to exclude URLs

https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
mamba

Re: Upgrade Word Censor to exclude URLs

Post by mamba »

If anyone else would like to make the Pull Request, please do so. I'm a hacker and don't mind modifying renderer.php in my installs.
Using latest version of PHPBB
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

That's the issue with this forum. It's filled with ideas from users who have no intention to make any effort to actualise them.

Honestly I don't know why you even posted it.
I wrote the library that handles markup in phpBB 3.2+.
mamba

Post by mamba »

Sorry but the consensus over time seems to be that the censor is just hunky dory and working as planned, so if that's true and the "400,000 members here or the tens of thousands of other phpBB users" (see above) are perfectly happy with it, I'll look after my own needs and leave it be. It takes me a few seconds to alter renderer.php, versus a big hassle, lost time ($) and potentially some ridicule and abuse via the PR system. So no. Bye
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Well, if it's just the case of a switch for something that already exists, there's no bloat so I'll give it my vote.

FWIW - If it's such a small thing someone may make an extension in the meantime if you ask.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

mamba wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 pm If anyone else would like to make the Pull Request, please do so. I'm a hacker and don't mind modifying renderer.php in my installs.
I've been using

Code: Select all

$config->getIterator()['config_var_here']
to get config values set by the acp, if that helps you.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

mamba wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:48 am Sorry but the consensus over time seems to be that the censor is just hunky dory and working as planned, so if that's true and the "400,000 members here or the tens of thousands of other phpBB users" (see above) are perfectly happy with it, I'll look after my own needs and leave it be. It takes me a few seconds to alter renderer.php, versus a big hassle, lost time ($) and potentially some ridicule and abuse via the PR system. So no. Bye
Why did you post here then if you already knew there was a consensus? Why post a feature request that you had no intention to support? Looks to me like you asked for a free lunch and you got most of it. Now that you got what you wanted and have nothing to gain, you're leaving. Nothing of value was lost and you'll be back in a few months to complain that phpBB development is stale.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

mamba wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:48 am lost time ($)
Only your time is apparently precious, that of the people who made you achieve your final goal is not instead. Not to mention all those who voluntarily offer their free collaboration to this project. Please note that this is a note based on what you post, it is not very difficult to do what you do not want to do for reasons that I think are quite futile, at least interested. Amen.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
mamba

Post by mamba »

JoshyPHP wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:15 pm Why did you post here then if you already knew there was a consensus?
I learned that there is some sort of (IMO cockeyed) consensus in this thread. Isn't that obvious?
Why post a feature request that you had no intention to support?
I've started 2 threads on this topic, collated bug reports ... isn't that enough effort? You want more? Must I write the code changes too?
Looks to me like you asked for a free lunch and you got most of it.
Wow. This is exactly why I won't take this to a pull request, because there are always characters who love to snipe.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Toxyy wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:46 pm
mamba wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 pm If anyone else would like to make the Pull Request, please do so. I'm a hacker and don't mind modifying renderer.php in my installs.
I've been using

Code: Select all

$config->getIterator()['config_var_here']
to get config values set by the acp, if that helps you.
In that file the use of $config['your_new_config'] will do if correctly configured in that function like https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/blob/508 ... r.php#L153

Like $html = $this->censor->censorHtml($html, $config['your_new_config']);

Remains to create the new ACP setting based on the new your_new_config.

The consensous about this idea - at the present time - is of 2 thumbs-up / 0 thumbs-down, I wouldn't go ahead in this case making a PR.
There are more interesting ideas to carry on in case. The OP got its satifaction already, show must go on. :) Sadly.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

mamba wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:26 am I've started 2 threads on this topic, collated bug reports ... isn't that enough effort? You want more? Must I write the code changes too?
Yes. Linking to bug reports posted 10 years ago doesn't help much to be honest. It's like having a flat tyre and collecting the phone numbers of other people who have experienced a flat tyre. Somebody has to change the tyre and nobody here is getting paid for it. Who do you think should write this code?
mamba wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:26 am Wow. This is exactly why I won't take this to a pull request, because there are always characters who love to snipe.
Nah, I think you won't make a pull request because you have no intention of making any effort to create something. It's easier to complain and stomp out of the room. Now you're at an impasse because the only way to prove it wrong is to actually create that pull request.
mamba

Post by mamba »

I really don't have the time, Joshy, seriously. I have a ½ hour a day for computer stuff, that's it. I would if I could.

Return to “phpBB Ideas”