Private Discussion - Inbuilt Ticketing System.

https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
Author:
Helios7
Posted:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:42 pm
Rating:
New
Helios7

Private Discussion - Inbuilt Ticketing System.

Post by Helios7 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:42 pm

If we can add a new policy which can prevent users to view or read topics created by other users will help enable create a private resolution/ticketing system where users can privately raise trouble tickets to a moderator or a group of moderators.

I've tried all options and plugins but this seems impossible under current system whereas private messenger is limited to only one moderator/admin inbox which can stay unopened forever if there is an absence.

Thanks,
Helios

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Private Discussion - Inbuilt Ticketing System.

Post by david63 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Ideas Bot wrote:
prevent users to view or read topics created by other users
There is already at least one extension that will do that.
Ideas Bot wrote:
private messenger is limited to only one moderator/admin inbox which can stay unopened forever
Untrue - you can PM a group so that they can all receive it.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:35 pm

If we can add a new policy which can prevent users to view or read topics created by other users will help enable create a private resolution/ticketing system where users can privately raise trouble tickets to a moderator or a group of moderators.
That part can be done already with the Report feature.
The year is 2192. The British Prime Minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension of the Brexit deadline. No one remembers where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts many tourists from all over the world.

Helios7

Post by Helios7 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:56 pm

david63 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:03 pm
There is already at least one extension that will do that.
Please post the URL to such extensions which can help enable a ticketing system.
warmweer wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:35 pm
That part can be done already with the Report feature.
Can we retain these reports so both users and mods/admins can view them later and see the discussion later?

--

phpBB being a user discussion forum should have a ticketing system which will help users to report about other users or topics etc, last time i checked, current reporting system has just two options "Close/Delete" which just fails to retain these reports for future viewing.

Both user who reports and the admin/mod who attends this report have no option to check what happened with the reported at a later stage.

Thanks.

david63

Post by david63 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:01 pm

Helios7 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:56 pm
Please post the URL to such extensions which can help enable a ticketing system.
A search would have found this in 10 seconds - viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2461636
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:52 am

Helios7 wrote:
current reporting system has just two options "Close/Delete" which just fails to retain these reports for future viewing.
No - you even have a separate module for viewing closed reports. Yes, it's no full ticket system, but it's not a failure either.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Helios7

Post by Helios7 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:12 am

david63 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:01 pm
Helios7 wrote:
A search would have found this in 10 seconds - viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2461636
Yes, but unfortunately its still under development and the ETA is unknown. But the idea of the extension developer is awesome, hope he succeeds in finishing that soon. If i can understand the technique behind creation of extensions, i can try on my own so both myself and others could get benefited. :)

--

I just want an option to have a support section where any user can create a support thread where only the admin and mod can view and reply to threads whereas the users can view only their threads and not others. A thread can be retained for indefinite period so both the user and admin/mod can access the same in future whereas a private message can get archived or deleted on a long run.
Last edited by Helios7 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helios7

Post by Helios7 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:15 am

AmigoJack wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:52 am
Helios7 wrote:
current reporting system has just two options "Close/Delete" which just fails to retain these reports for future viewing.
No - you even have a separate module for viewing closed reports. Yes, it's no full ticket system, but it's not a failure either.
Yes. I wish there is an option for a basic one to one user private discussion with a mod/admin. Private message gets deleted over time whereas threads tend to stay indefinitely. :)

david63

Post by david63 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:29 am

Helios7 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:12 am
I just want an option to have a support section where any user can create a support thread where only the admin and mod can view and reply to threads whereas the users can view only their threads and not others.
I believe that this will do what you want - https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... erstopics/
Helios7 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:15 am
Private message gets deleted over time
Only if the user actually deletes them.
David

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:40 am

david63 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:29 am
Helios7 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:15 am
Private message gets deleted over time
I think he refers to the option "if folder is full" set to "delete oldest". But then again I see no disadvantage in setting the maximum of PMs per folders to i.e. 10000 which would push this problem away for years - managing your PMs every 6 months to sort them all in more meaningful folders is an achievable task.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Helios7

Post by Helios7 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:43 pm

david63 wrote:
I believe that this will do what you want - https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... erstopics/
Yes, i tried this but didn't work. Probably i need to test better. Will start testing again tonight as this seems to be the only as-of-now.
david63 wrote:
AmigoJack wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:40 am
I think he refers to the option "if folder is full" set to "delete oldest". But then again I see no disadvantage in setting the maximum of PMs per folders to i.e. 10000 which would push this problem away for years - managing your PMs every 6 months to sort them all in more meaningful folders is an achievable task.
Yes. Since all the moderators are volunteers i thought it would be nice for the Admins to quality check the resolution which is not possible via PM as monitoring PM is forbidden on phpbb which is why im more interested on thread based support section only addition would be users shouldn't read what another user writes. :)

Helios7

Post by Helios7 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:55 am

david63 wrote:
Last time it failed but this time works like charm. Hope this should do the task for now. If in future the extension developer fails to update, will it start to malfunction? Hope phpBB inherits this extension or permission settings so its easy to carry-on this option for the future.

Thanks.

david63

Post by david63 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:05 am

Helios7 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:55 am
f in future the extension developer fails to update, will it start to malfunction?
Possibly - but nobody can see into the future.
David

Helios7

Post by Helios7 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:15 pm

This is why i wish there is an inbuilt option on phpBB for private discussion where users cant read topics created by other users and this can help create a simply support section where users can raise queries and gets issues resolved from mods and admins in private without the interference of other users.

Private messages can help a little but a centralized monitoring by admin is not possible on others private messages and private messages can be deleted by either party which leaves no trace so a thread system within a selected forum helps in many ways to setup a simple & non-complex private discussions forum.

Best regards,
Helios

Helios7

Post by Helios7 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:56 pm

When forums grow large the requirement for a support desk increases, external paid support systems are both too costly and unnecessary as each support member login there is a separate fee irrespective of the members active status which is not affordable for paid boards and too many tracking metrics etc are unnecessary.

A built in option for a simple permission option restricting users to read topics/threads started by others so users can raise a new topic and any available member from the moderators team can reply to those queries and these threads/topics can be accessed by both the same user or the moderator or an admin forever.

I tried an extension called "Allow viewing topics started by others" which does work but once enabled it immediately denies search option for users. Hope oneday phpbb has this option. :)

Thanks & regards,
Helios

Return to “phpBB Ideas”