Heo32
Posted:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:04 pm
Rating:
New
Heo32

Testing Requests forum

Post by Heo32 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:04 pm

I would like to propose a Testing Request forum for developers.

The forums would be specifically for developers to have technically-competent and technically-inclined public participants assisting them in trying out new features or changes made to the core of phpBB to see how well it works on various testing platforms and configurations.

For example, one developer may be testing the new "Avatar resize in core" feature hard-coded in phpBB, but would like to make sure it works on every software configuration and platform available. Instead of taking on this chore alone, the developer could reach out to the community by posting in the Testing Requests forum showing the code changes they've made, which file(s) have been added or updated, how to test it out on a test board, and which configurations or platforms they need it tested on. Public volunteers would then test the changes and report their findings back to the developer. They may also make suggestions on how to improve on the proposed code changes.

On a side note, only developers would be able to start new topics in the Testing Requests forum.
Is this for you? :arrow: Windows + Nginx + PHP + MySQL + phpBB + WordPress + Cloudflare

Allow using Content-Security-Policy without unsafe-inline
stevemaury wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm
I went to your board and looked for an hour or so, but did not see the women without underwear.

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Testing Requests forum

Post by david63 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:24 pm

Isn't that called Area51?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Return to “phpBB Ideas”