Toggle Extension Credits

https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
Sniper_E
Name: Ed Humphrey

Re: Toggle Extension Credits

Post by Sniper_E » Fri May 31, 2019 6:27 pm

david63 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:56 pm
No - because none of the phpBB credits are being removed.
REMOVED means it's gone, nowhere to be found.

In my extension I MOVED the credits to the navbar. Of course in my extension I remove the credits from the footer and place them in the navbar. But all you guys want to see is, "He removed the credits from the footer." It's all over right there... you don't even read credits are relocated in the navbar. I don't remove credits so do me a favor by not stating the the credits are being removed in my extension.

I do like how your extention grabs the info on all extensions. It's good in a page also. Good job on that, exactly what I was referring to doin above. But I need to style that page for you though. I'll pm you 2 files later on that. You should keep that ext going.

But extension credits are still filling my footer up. You might as well just use your extension to show the other credits in the footer with the others still showing. Then I could have a footer around 700px in height. It does nothing to clean my footer up. Cleaning up the footer is what this topic is about and what my extension was designed to do.

Move all of the extension credits to the credits page.
Move all of the extension credits to a navbar dropdown.
Let me clean my footer up!
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!
:!: Sniper_E Styles | phpbbmodders :!:

Sniper_E
Name: Ed Humphrey

Post by Sniper_E » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:11 pm

You know guys... bad idea.
I'm going to abandon any ideas of moving ext credits from the footer to clean it up.

@ DavidIQ, thanks for the slap on the hand. I understand the issues others have with this now.

I will jump on board.
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!
:!: Sniper_E Styles | phpbbmodders :!:

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:27 pm

I didn't exactly slap you on the hand :P Just brought out that the current status quo opinion on the credits is a bit touchy and you could find yourself on the receiving end of some "hate" including denial of support by some. I mean you can even see that manifested in the poll results for this idea.

But I think having something like an "extended credits" section/page where additional credits for installed extensions, styles, whatever can be listed is something that can be pondered on because I can see how the current section can be problematic in its current state. So I don't know if presenting this in a different way might be better received. I think you can see how hard this is to even bring up... :roll:
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:21 pm

After months and months of painstaking work on an extension allow me to put my credits in and leave them there. ;)
For me the only way I can offer you a free product and advertise myself through the search engines.

Then people wonder why the authors are reluctant to give you their product but instead make you pay for it. :geek:

That's the reason of my down-vote here.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:01 am

i personally think that styles and forum software should be the only thing that has credits added to the footer. if you have a large number of extensions installed(which many do) and they all add to the credit line, the footer can and will become very unsightly. that said, the core should have a way to deal with the extension credits to prevent this very issue. don't get me wrong, extension authors deserve every bit of credit due to them for the time and effort put into making extensions, but the footer should remain as clean as possible for the overall visual aspect of the forum.

what would be wrong with having something like my Active Extensions List extension where you click the link and it shows all the info on the installed extensions including the author's name(s) with links to their sites if they have added them to the composer file

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:17 am

Nah...
the solution that satisfies everyone IMHO is to have the credit section that exists under the footer stylized so that it can be completely collapsed by each user, as are now the Categories of this forum. Then it would be the choice of each user and not an imposition, it would not interfere with the needs of others I would add.

And also said this, that it should be an extension as well goes without saying.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

Return to “phpBB Ideas”