Drakath
Posted:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:34 am
Rating:
New
Drakath

Separate Contact email address from Reply-To email

Post by Drakath » Sun May 26, 2019 8:34 am

phpBB currently uses Contact email address defined in ACP Email settings as a Reply-To and From address in all automated emails such as private message email notifications.
It is a common practice to not have a reply email address for automated messages (setting it to noreply@domain.com).
The problem is that phpBB Contact page also uses this same email address so by setting a no-reply email, the contact page is effectively rendered useless.

Solution: Allow administrators to define a separate email address for contact page.

AmigoJack

Re: Separate Contact email address from Reply-To email

Post by AmigoJack » Mon May 27, 2019 7:55 am

Drakath wrote:
It is bad common practice to not have a reply email address for automated messages (setting it to noreply@domain.com)
Corrected it for you.

Unrelated to what you want: those who treat e-mail accounts like a one way thing loose my respect - even if the account is not supposed to get e-mails the inbox should be checked from time to time (or incoming e-mails should be rejected with an appropriate reason, instead of being accepted but left unread).
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Drakath

Re: Separate Contact email address from Reply-To email

Post by Drakath » Fri May 31, 2019 10:51 am

AmigoJack wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:55 am
Drakath wrote:
It is bad common practice to not have a reply email address for automated messages (setting it to noreply@domain.com)
Corrected it for you.
Please do not misrepresent what I say.
AmigoJack wrote:
Unrelated to what you want
Unrelated to the entire topic actually.
AmigoJack wrote:
even if the account is not supposed to get e-mails the inbox should be checked from time to time (or incoming e-mails should be rejected with an appropriate reason, instead of being accepted but left unread).
I never said it shouldn't be and therefore you did not make any valid point related to the actual topic here, but if it makes you feel better, another reason why somebody could want this feature is to add some organization to their emails.

Return to “phpBB Ideas”