Posted:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:36 pm
Rating:
New
roberto.vinha
Name: Roberto Hebert de Souza Vinha

Person responsible for a topic

Post by roberto.vinha » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:36 pm

The system could allow defining a person responsible for the topic. This would be helpful to Product and Service Forum Moderators. Topics with defined responsible person indicate that the case is already being taken care of. The moderator himself would assume topics as responsible.
Roberto Hebert :)

warmweer

Re: Person responsible for a topic

Post by warmweer » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:49 pm

roberto.vinha wrote:
The system could allow defining a person responsible for the topic. This would be helpful to Product and Service Forum Moderators. Topics with defined responsible person indicate that the case is already being taken care of. The moderator himself would assume topics as responsible.
I haven't a clue what the purpose of this would be. Define "responsible". (also "Product and Service Forum Moderators" : what are those and how could they benefit?)
The year is 2192. The British Prime Minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension of the Brexit deadline. No one remembers where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts many tourists from all over the world.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:53 pm

Sounds like a very specific situation for a very specific board subject.

Much better as an extension as the vast majority of boards would probably have no use for it if it was built in.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:23 am

roberto.vinha wrote:
a person
Why a person and not a user? Why only one and not multiple?

roberto.vinha wrote:
Topics with defined responsible person indicate
This implies that it is visible to users. Want to elaborate on how and where "responsible person" should be shown? I.e.: only per topic, or also when viewing a forum, in search results...?

roberto.vinha wrote:
the case is already being taken care of
Define "a case" and how it must differ from a topic. Also please elaborate if it should be possible to undefine (or rather: unassign) a resposible person. If a person is a user: what happens if that user gets deleted?

How is a "responsible person" able to find all topics that he's responsible for? The current search doesn't offer anything for this, and viewing a forum doesn't offer a sort order for this either.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

mrgoldy
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: Gijs

Post by mrgoldy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:09 pm

I think what is meant is that a moderator can indicate that he is working on a specific report.
A flag indicating in the MCP that something is being worked on/dealt with/handled.
Much like an 'Assignee' of sorts.

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:41 pm

mrgoldy wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:09 pm
a specific report. A flag indicating in the MCP
Let's not mix up topics with reports (in phpBB terms). If we're talking about topics being used like reports then let's use a different term, i.e. "ticket topic".
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:03 pm

Frankly, whether it's a report, or a ticket or a humptydumpty topic doesn't change anything about the lack of knowledge about the functionalities the extension should have.
What I understand up to now (perhaps due to my own limitations) is that there is a topic and something should be done about, or with the topic (or the subject of the topic) and someone (a moderator? a member who should get some extra permissions? I haven't a clue) has to be declared the person/member in charge of whatever needs to be done (an assignee as mrgoldy put it).

Could the Topic Starter give an example?
The year is 2192. The British Prime Minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension of the Brexit deadline. No one remembers where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts many tourists from all over the world.

Return to “phpBB Ideas”