Me Too counter

https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
Nick_2020

Me Too counter

Post by Nick_2020 »

It would be great to have a "Me Too" check box on each topic to vote as having the same problem and a display of the total.
May be also a "Willing to contribute" (time, effort, etc.) check box
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Me Too counter

Post by warmweer »

Nick_2020 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:34 am
It would be great to have a "Me Too" check box on each topic to vote as having the same problem and a display of the total.
May be also a "Willing to contribute" (time, effort, etc.) check box
You yourself mention 2 interpretations of the "counter", and I can easily think of other uses (such as a simple "I think it's good idea"). In the case of this topic (even forum) the counter explicitly shows the number of members (participating) agree that this should become a default feature (and nothing more). The problem with these kind of topics is that an idea may be introduced but further information is needed and the information may change with time, and that could have an influence on the vote ... except old "votes" usually won't be changed.

Personally ... nice to have but not as a default feature: more an extension thing which is then specifically oriented towards the subject.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
AmigoJack

Re: Me Too counter

Post by AmigoJack »

Nick_2020 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:34 am
a "Me Too" check box on each topic to vote as having the same problem
...where the meaning could also be "I hate this topic"...
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Return to “phpBB Ideas”