FAQs - possibility to add or change entrys with Extension

https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
kizuzi

FAQs - possibility to add or change entrys with Extension

Post by kizuzi »

Dear Community,

It would be very nice, If extensions could add own questions and answers to the default FAQ page on the board or can edit or remove the default entrys. As example the COPPA-Question is not needed in much forums and some extensions are adding or changing features and the the default FAQs are not correct anymore or not answering questions about the new features.

Maybe that could be done with an Hook/ Event on the correct place in the core to modify the content of the FAQs before it will be displayed? I have not found something like that on the page https://wiki.phpbb.com/Event_List.

Best Regards, Daniel
david63

Re: FAQs - possibility to add or change entrys with Extension

Post by david63 »

You mean such as this - viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2481781
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
kizuzi

Post by kizuzi »

Dear david63,

This extension is also nice. But many extensions are adding functions to the board. Some of them will be visibility or usable by the users. If the FAQ per default will not be changed, the users can not find the answers to this function in the FAQ. If the Forum Administrator do not want to write the FAQ by his own it would be nice, if the relevant entry's would be added while the installation of the extension.

And it should not be complicated to add a hook on the right place in the core, am I right?

Best Regards, Daniel
david63

Post by david63 »

kizuzi wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:03 am
the relevant entry's would be added while the installation of the extension.
So are you suggesting that every extension automatically adds details into the FAQ just because an Admin is too lazy to do it? I can assure that is never going to happen.

And what makes you think that users will look in the FAQ anyway?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
AbaddonOrmuz
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Alfredo

Post by AbaddonOrmuz »

kizuzi wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:31 am
It would be very nice, If extensions could add own questions and answers to the default FAQ page
Extensions already have the PHP events to add new entries, in fact some extensions like phpBB Media Embed and Simple Spoiler add their own entries in the BBCode FAQ, you can even add new pages, that's what I'm doing in my Markdown extension.
kizuzi wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:03 am
But many extensions are adding functions to the board. Some of them will be visibility or usable by the users. If the FAQ per default will not be changed, the users can not find the answers to this function in the FAQ
Since it's not a validation requirement, it's up to the extension developer to add FAQ entries.
Some of my phpBB extensions:
Image Imgur | :chart_with_upwards_trend: SEO Metadata | Image Markdown | :lock: Auto-lock Topics
:trophy: Check out all my validated extensions :trophy:

:penguin: Arch Linux user :penguin:
kizuzi

Post by kizuzi »

AbaddonOrmuz wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:57 pm
Extensions already have the PHP events to add new entries, in fact some extensions like phpBB Media Embed and Simple Spoiler add their own entries in the BBCode FAQ, you can even add new pages, that's what I'm doing in my Markdown extension.
Ok. Then there is already a function but I have not found it. Sorry to waste your time.

Return to “phpBB Ideas”