Posting a Reply Issue - Making more Clear

https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
mrix2000

Posting a Reply Issue - Making more Clear

Post by mrix2000 »

Hello, there is a issue whereby when a member posts a reply and takes too much time its possible someone else makes a reply in that time, when the original poster finally submits his reply he is not aware he needs to click the submit button more than the once and thinks he has actually posted but the reply never really went live, this has been a issue over many years for many of my members who simply thought the moderators removed the replies :cry: what would be ideal would be something to make it far more clear to the members / posters what has actually happened and that someone has posted before them etc, here is a topic I created on the topic which has a few really good idea`s...
viewtopic.php?f=661&t=2565916
DTMWC

Re: Posting a Reply Issue - Making more Clear

Post by DTMWC »

Xenforo has a little notification that pops up while you're typing, it's a handy little feature,
“What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening” Donald Trump
Ancient Viking

Post by Ancient Viking »

Dan Stylez wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:09 pm
Xenforo has a little notification that pops up while you're typing, it's a handy little feature,
IPS has that too. While it's handy sometimes I can be a little annoying.
My local forum: egetforum.nu - Offline Forum Online!
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

Would be a very nice ajax feature, with the fallback being taken back to the post review page as it is now.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

My extensions:
[3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][RC] Show User Activity ||
[3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension

Return to “phpBB Ideas”