How to embed Beatport player?

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.
Post Reply
maec
Registered User
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:42 pm

How to embed Beatport player?

Post by maec » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:35 pm

I didn't find any working code on the net, I have no idea how to do that.

On beatport
http://www.beatportplayer.com/
you have to create a code on which there is a player ID, but I have no idead what HTML replacement and BBCode usage to use in the settings.

Can anyone help please?
Last edited by Oyabun1 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
5hocK
Registered User
Posts: 3011
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:00 pm
Location: England

Re: How to embed Beatport player?

Post by 5hocK » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:05 pm

There's 6 players in that link, which one did you want?
A thread is pretty much a topic. Stop with the pedantics will ya.

maec
Registered User
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:42 pm

Re: How to embed Beatport player?

Post by maec » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:13 pm

5hocK wrote:There's 6 players in that link, which one did you want?
Oh, sorry, the last one - the Release Player.

User avatar
5hocK
Registered User
Posts: 3011
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:00 pm
Location: England

Re: How to embed Beatport player?

Post by 5hocK » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:19 pm

There's no code to work with until a release is selected. not sure how this would work if you don't want to select a release first.
A thread is pretty much a topic. Stop with the pedantics will ya.

maec
Registered User
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:42 pm

Re: How to embed Beatport player?

Post by maec » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:23 pm

so for example I created a code with one release:

Code: Select all

<style>//---------------- BEGIN BEATPORT PLAYER -----------------------</style>
<div class="beatport" align="center" style="border:0px; background:transparent; padding:10px;">
    <map name="bottomlinks"><area href="http://www.beatport.com" alt="Go to Beatport.com" coords="0,0,225,50" target="_blank"/>
        <area href="http://www.beatport.com/viralPlayer/relay?playerId=2039684" alt="Get These Tracks" coords="237,12,332,38" target="_blank"/>
        <area href="http://player.beatport.com/?playerId=2039684" alt="Add This Player" coords="332,12,422,38" target="_blank"/>
    </map>
    <img src="http://geo-media.beatport.com/images/beatport/viralPlayer/top.gif" style="display:block; border:none;" usemap="#bottomlinks"/>
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="https://www.beatport.com/CDN/swf/beatportplayer.swf" height="264" width="442" style="display:block;" align="center">
        <param name="movie" value="https://www.beatport.com/CDN/swf/beatportplayer.swf"/>
        <param name="allownetworking" value="internal"/>
        <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never"/>
        <param name="enableJSURL" value="false"/>
        <param name="enableHREF" value="false"/>
        <param name="saveEmbedTags" value="true"/>
        <param name="flashvars" value="bpCfgPath=http://www.beatport.com/en-US/xml/gui/swf/configuration/3&playerId=2039684&autoplay=0&volume=80"/>
        <param name="loop" value="false"/>
        <param name="menu" value="false"/>
        <param name="quality" value="high"/>
        <param name="salign" value="lt"/>
        <param name="scale" value="noscale"/>
    </object>
</div>
<style>//---------------- END BEATPORT PLAYER -------------------------</style>
Important should be the playerId=2039684

This needs to be used to display the player on the forum.

Somewhere I found this, but that is not working for me:
http://www.vietvbb.vn/up/showthread.php?t=7914

User avatar
5hocK
Registered User
Posts: 3011
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:00 pm
Location: England

Re: How to embed Beatport player?

Post by 5hocK » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:39 pm

If you have chosen a release then there's nothing to edit, just copy/paste the code and you end up with something like this - http://farzone.x10.mx/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1&p=15#p15

Edit: The one below in the link is with an ID that can be changed, something like that you're after?
Edit2: Ignore the 2nd one, it's using the same ID for some reason.
Edit3: There's a few more variables to it than just the ID, there's 3 sets of coords looking like this too coords="0,0,225,50" - a tricky bbcode to make (for me atleast)
A thread is pretty much a topic. Stop with the pedantics will ya.

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 65028
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: How to embed Beatport player?

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:44 pm

I think the bottom line is going to be it is not worth it.

put your embed code in a web page somewhere and just link to it.



robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

maec
Registered User
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:42 pm

Re: How to embed Beatport player?

Post by maec » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:I think the bottom line is going to be it is not worth it.
put your embed code in a web page somewhere and just link to it.
I intende to use the player every day for varuious releases, not just one time issue. not worth that is, but not for me dude. I've seem it on other phpbb forums, so must me a way. anyone?

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 65028
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: How to embed Beatport player?

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:48 pm

if you have seen the exact same bbcode in use somewhere else, please give us a link so we can see what they did.

also, you could probably ask them how they made the bbcode. no reason they shouldn't share it with you.


robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

FatalFrameRate
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:03 pm

Re: How to embed Beatport player?

Post by FatalFrameRate » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:58 am

BBCode info and how to make it work.

Examples:

Code: Select all

[beat]{IDENTIFIER}[/beat]
HTML replacement:

Code: Select all

<div class="beatport" align="center" style="border:0px; background:transparent; padding:10px;">
    <map name="bottomlinks"><area href="http://www.beatport.com" alt="Go to Beatport.com" coords="0,0,225,50" target="_blank"/>
        <area href="http://www.beatport.com/viralPlayer/relay?playerId={IDENTIFIER}" alt="Get These Tracks" coords="237,12,332,38" target="_blank"/>
        <area href="http://player.beatport.com/?playerId={IDENTIFIER}" alt="Add This Player" coords="332,12,422,38" target="_blank"/>
    </map>
    <img src="http://geo-media.beatport.com/images/beatport/viralPlayer/top.gif" style="display:block; border:none;" usemap="#bottomlinks"/>
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="https://www.beatport.com/CDN/swf/beatportplayer.swf" height="264" width="442" style="display:block;" align="center">
        <param name="movie" value="https://www.beatport.com/CDN/swf/beatportplayer.swf"/>
        <param name="allownetworking" value="internal"/>
        <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never"/>
        <param name="enableJSURL" value="false"/>
        <param name="enableHREF" value="false"/>
        <param name="saveEmbedTags" value="true"/>
        <param name="flashvars" value="bpCfgPath=http://www.beatport.com/en-US/xml/gui/swf/configuration/3&playerId={IDENTIFIER}&autoplay=0&volume=80"/>
        <param name="loop" value="false"/>
        <param name="menu" value="false"/>
        <param name="quality" value="high"/>
        <param name="salign" value="lt"/>
        <param name="scale" value="noscale"/>
    </object>
</div>
Help line:

Code: Select all

[beat]Playerid link[/beat]
HOW TO MAKE IT WORK:

1. Go to http://www.beatportplayer.com/
2. Click on Release Player
3. Search.
4. Click on Create Player
5. Scoll down.
6. Copy the Playerid number only and post it.

Works great on my forum.

User avatar
Lownoise
Registered User
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm

Re: How to embed Beatport player?

Post by Lownoise » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:54 am

FatalFrameRate wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:58 am
BBCode info and how to make it work.

Examples:

Code: Select all

[beat]{IDENTIFIER}[/beat]
HTML replacement:

Code: Select all

<div class="beatport" align="center" style="border:0px; background:transparent; padding:10px;">
    <map name="bottomlinks"><area href="http://www.beatport.com" alt="Go to Beatport.com" coords="0,0,225,50" target="_blank"/>
        <area href="http://www.beatport.com/viralPlayer/relay?playerId={IDENTIFIER}" alt="Get These Tracks" coords="237,12,332,38" target="_blank"/>
        <area href="http://player.beatport.com/?playerId={IDENTIFIER}" alt="Add This Player" coords="332,12,422,38" target="_blank"/>
    </map>
    <img src="http://geo-media.beatport.com/images/beatport/viralPlayer/top.gif" style="display:block; border:none;" usemap="#bottomlinks"/>
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="https://www.beatport.com/CDN/swf/beatportplayer.swf" height="264" width="442" style="display:block;" align="center">
        <param name="movie" value="https://www.beatport.com/CDN/swf/beatportplayer.swf"/>
        <param name="allownetworking" value="internal"/>
        <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never"/>
        <param name="enableJSURL" value="false"/>
        <param name="enableHREF" value="false"/>
        <param name="saveEmbedTags" value="true"/>
        <param name="flashvars" value="bpCfgPath=http://www.beatport.com/en-US/xml/gui/swf/configuration/3&playerId={IDENTIFIER}&autoplay=0&volume=80"/>
        <param name="loop" value="false"/>
        <param name="menu" value="false"/>
        <param name="quality" value="high"/>
        <param name="salign" value="lt"/>
        <param name="scale" value="noscale"/>
    </object>
</div>
Help line:

Code: Select all

[beat]Playerid link[/beat]
HOW TO MAKE IT WORK:

1. Go to http://www.beatportplayer.com/
2. Click on Release Player
3. Search.
4. Click on Create Player
5. Scoll down.
6. Copy the Playerid number only and post it.

Works great on my forum.
Trying to make this work but where do I have to add this code? In which file? That's not clear to me.
There must be a chance to make this work right?

I own a music forum and also would like to add a [beatport] BBCode to my forum so that I can post the previews with them releases each time I post a new one!
It's Nice To Be Important, But It's More Important To Be Nice!
Trance-Vizion ● (Trance Music Discussion Board). www.trancevizion.nl

User avatar
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 20110
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:49 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: How to embed Beatport player?

Post by Mick » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:08 am

Cerca trova: Knowledge Base - Adding Custom BBCodes in phpBB3

You do realise this topic is over five years old don't you?
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

User avatar
Lownoise
Registered User
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm

Re: How to embed Beatport player?

Post by Lownoise » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:20 am

Mick wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:08 am
Cerca trova: Knowledge Base - Adding Custom BBCodes in phpBB3

You do realise this topic is over five years old don't you?
Hi Mick how are you doing?

Yes I know it's that old, but it's never too late to blow new life into a topic right? I was searching for "Beatport / phpBB" on Google and it took me here.
I've figured out how to add a new BBCode to my forum and did that with the above script but unfortunately it doesn't do anything :evil:

For example: I would like to add the following preview to a post:

https://www.beatport.com/track/better-p ... x/10995177
It's Nice To Be Important, But It's More Important To Be Nice!
Trance-Vizion ● (Trance Music Discussion Board). www.trancevizion.nl

User avatar
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 20110
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:49 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: How to embed Beatport player?

Post by Mick » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:33 am

Hello,

I'm fine thanks.

It's just that there hasn't been much activity in this topic, I didn't want you getting grey waiting for a reply :D

Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=438&t=2221951

(JoshyPHP is the bbcode guru)
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

User avatar
Lownoise
Registered User
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm

Re: How to embed Beatport player?

Post by Lownoise » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:36 am

Mick wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:33 am
Hello,

I'm fine thanks.

It's just that there hasn't been much activity in this topic, I didn't want you getting grey waiting for a reply :D

Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=438&t=2221951

(JoshyPHP is the bbcode guru)
Yeah I know! :lol:

Damn shit works! :shock: :D :lol:

Thanks Mick!
It's Nice To Be Important, But It's More Important To Be Nice!
Trance-Vizion ● (Trance Music Discussion Board). www.trancevizion.nl

Post Reply

Return to “Custom BBCode Development and Requests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests