BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.
gohannx
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:49 pm

BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Post by gohannx »

Guys, good day! Can someone help me with the BBCode for facebook videos? It's suddenly not working in my forum site. We used to have it before but lately we noticed that its no longer functioning. Can someone help me with this? Thank you so much!

My BBCode which I used before was the one below but its no longer useful.

Image
User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 68003
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

that looks like it is supposed to be the youtube video bbcode.

can you give me a link to a facebook video so I can see exactly what the html replacement is supposed to be.


robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
gohannx
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Post by gohannx »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:that looks like it is supposed to be the youtube video bbcode.

can you give me a link to a facebook video so I can see exactly what the html replacement is supposed to be.


robert
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply. Here's the sample Facebook video. I hope you can help me configure the codes. Thank you so much!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=367998962713
User avatar
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 21326
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Do you see anything different between the link you posted and the html replacement you are using?
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 68003
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

well the reason your old code doesn't work is because facebook changed the embed code for the videos just like youtube did some time ago.
It is now using a iframe code.

I am working on it but having a problem getting it to work.

the youtube one works just fine, and it should be the same but so far no luck,

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
gohannx
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Post by gohannx »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:well the reason your old code doesn't work is because facebook changed the embed code for the videos just like youtube did some time ago.
It is now using a iframe code.

I am working on it but having a problem getting it to work.

the youtube one works just fine, and it should be the same but so far no luck,

robert
I hope you can work on this problem sir Robert. Its giving me a headache on how to embed FB videos on our site. A lot of forumers are asking for it already.

Thank you so much for the help Robert.
gohannx
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Post by gohannx »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Do you see anything different between the link you posted and the html replacement you are using?
So far, I can't figure out why its no longer functioning.
User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 68003
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

as I said above, it quit working because facebook changed how they do it to using a iframe instead of the way it was before.

however, I have tried just about every way possible to create a bbcode using the iframe embed code they give you and I can not make it work at all.

sorry, I give up.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
gohannx
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Post by gohannx »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:as I said above, it quit working because facebook changed how they do it to using a iframe instead of the way it was before.

however, I have tried just about every way possible to create a bbcode using the iframe embed code they give you and I can not make it work at all.

sorry, I give up.

robert
It's OK Robert. Thanks a lot.
User avatar
5hocK
Registered User
Posts: 3011
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:00 pm
Location: England

Re: BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Post by 5hocK »

This ones a bit fiddly to use but it works.
bbcode usage

Code: Select all

[iframe]{URL}, {NUMBER}, {NUMBER2}[/iframe]
html replacement

Code: Select all

<iframe src="{URL}" width="{NUMBER}" height="{NUMBER2}" frameborder="0"></iframe>
help line

Code: Select all

[iframe]http://example.com, 480, 270[/iframe]
Click embed under facebook options to get this code:
<iframe src="[color=#FF0000]https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=4965679772271[/color]" width="[color=#FF0000]640[/color]" height="[color=#FF0000]360[/color]" frameborder="0"></iframe>
highlighted is what's needed.
Example: http://www.phpbbmods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11 (code edited in view of viewtopic.php?f=438&t=2180719&p=13296721#p13325935 )
Last edited by 5hocK on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A thread is pretty much a topic. Stop with the pedantics will ya.
gohannx
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Post by gohannx »

5hocK wrote:This ones a bit fiddly to use but it works.
bbcode usage

Code: Select all

[iframe]{URL}, {NUMBER}, {NUMBER2}[/iframe]
html replacement

Code: Select all

<iframe src="{URL}" width="{NUMBER}" height="{NUMBER2}" frameborder="0"></iframe>
help line

Code: Select all

[iframe]http://example.com, 480, 270[/iframe]
Click embed under facebook options to get this code:
<iframe src="[color=#FF0000]https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=4965679772271[/color]" width="[color=#FF0000]640[/color]" height="[color=#FF0000]360[/color]" frameborder="0"></iframe>
highlighted is what's needed.
Example: http://www.headnog.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11
Hi 5hock,

How will I get the embed under facebook options? I was able yo get the url but I cannot figure out the "height" and "width" numbers on it.

Thanks,
Hann
gohannx
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Post by gohannx »

Thank you so 5hock and robert for the help. I was able to make it work now in my forum site. God bless guys!
User avatar
tbackoff
Former Team Member
Posts: 7064
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:41 am
Location: cheerleading practice
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Re: BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Post by tbackoff »

I highly advise NOT to use that BBCode. Any malicious user could embed any webpage using that format. I haven't tested, but how about something like this:

BBCode:

Code: Select all

[facebookvideo]{NUMBER}, {NUMBER2}, {NUMBER3}[/facebookvideo]
HTML replacement:

Code: Select all

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id={NUMBER}" width="{NUMBER2}" height="{NUMBER3}" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.
gohannx
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Post by gohannx »

t_backoff wrote:I highly advise NOT to use that BBCode. Any malicious user could embed any webpage using that format. I haven't tested, but how about something like this:

BBCode:

Code: Select all

[facebookvideo]{NUMBER}, {NUMBER2}, {NUMBER3}[/facebookvideo]
HTML replacement:

Code: Select all

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id={NUMBER}" width="{NUMBER2}" height="{NUMBER3}" frameborder="0"></iframe>
seems not working dude...can you please check it again and maybe have a sample?

thanks much,
gohannx
User avatar
tbackoff
Former Team Member
Posts: 7064
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:41 am
Location: cheerleading practice
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Re: BBCode for Facebook Videos (Please help me)

Post by tbackoff »

Sorry, I made a small mistake. Tested and working.

BBCode:

Code: Select all

[facebookvideo]{NUMBER1}, {NUMBER2}, {NUMBER3}[/facebookvideo]
HTML replacement:

Code: Select all

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id={NUMBER1}" width="{NUMBER2}" height="{NUMBER3}" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.
Post Reply

Return to “Custom BBCode Development and Requests”