tables too large?

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: tables too large?

Post by JoshyPHP »

There's a default limit to any BBCode that's set to 1000 or 5000 depending on your version. You can set a different limit in the BBCode definition, e.g.

Code: Select all

[td $tagLimit=10000]{TEXT}[/td]
I wrote the library that handles markup in phpBB 3.2+.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

I don't know. You can try installing this extension and test it again in a new post. Always test markup-related things in a new post.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Can you post a dump of your phpbb_bbcodes table and a copy of the original post's text? (in plain text form, something to be copy/pasted into the editor) I'd like to see if I can reproduce that behaviour locally. With $tagConfig['tagLimit'] being that high, there's no way it could ever be reached. The only explanation that comes to mind would be some kind of PHP bug, but that would be very surprising.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

I see that you edited your first post to include the SQL dump but I can't find the plain text content of the post. You can use a service like Pastebin, or GitHub's Gist if it's too big.

Actually nevermind, I found why it still ignores some of your BBCodes. Update the "nolimits" extension and you should be able to post those huge tables.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

I don't know much about conversion. Recently I learned that the recommended procedure is to disable extensions before upgrading. Unfortunately, that means that any post that uses an extension will be converted incorrectly. Personally, I'd try upgrading a local copy with the extension enabled and see if it works.

Alternatively, you can upgrade using the recommended way then use the CLI reparser after you've re-enabled all the extensions you need.

Return to “Custom BBCode Development and Requests”