[dohtml][/dohtml]

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.
stephhhh

[dohtml][/dohtml]

Post by stephhhh » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:36 am

I understand that [dohtml] is a BBCode of HTML ... however, I would like to implement it on my site so that I can post templates when setting up different staff topics and announcements.

With any other BBCode the format has been as follows

I have the BBCode usage, however, I am missing the HTML replacement input portion of it.
I haven't a clue as to what goes there. I've looked all over the internet for the specific code and I've got nothing.

By templates, I mean posting templates

i.e

Any help with this would be amazing, and I thank those in advance who contribute.
Never get cocky in your craft, there's the opportunity that it may change for the better and leave your old mindset behind for something new and improved. Rather than being dismissive learn something new. You never know it might better your creative formula. Ask questions rather than assume that you know it all because chances are you don't.

stephhhh

Re: [dohtml][/dohtml]

Post by stephhhh » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:05 pm

I don't want to request any type of BBCode.
My topic was sorted here for some reason

However, I'd just like to know if there is even a HTML replacement input -- if not and this requires someone to custom/develope a BBCode for it ... that could take a lot of time and effort.

Then I'll save you a headache, and do without the [dohtml] aspect of it.
Never get cocky in your craft, there's the opportunity that it may change for the better and leave your old mindset behind for something new and improved. Rather than being dismissive learn something new. You never know it might better your creative formula. Ask questions rather than assume that you know it all because chances are you don't.

canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:42 pm

So, you want your members to put in html code which should be rendered in their posts?

This is disabled (and can't be enabled easily) because of security reasons. Someone might compromise your board and / or your visitors devices by using malicious code.
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:11 pm

you are discussing bbcodes that is why it got moved I would imagine.

I have read your post several times now and I still have no idea what your question is or what you are trying to accomplish.

please try to explain what you are doing. what type of template, what is the purpose? how will it be used in a post etc.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

stephhhh

Post by stephhhh » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:04 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:11 pm
you are discussing bbcodes that is why it got moved I would imagine.

I have read your post several times now and I still have no idea what your question is or what you are trying to accomplish.

please try to explain what you are doing. what type of template, what is the purpose? how will it be used in a post etc.

robert

In the first image example given in the first post of this topic, it shows how to set up the BBCode for Centered Text: [center][/center].

My question is ... "What is the HTML replacement for [dohtml][/dohtml]?"

In the image example for [center][/center] the HTML replacement given is listd below.
HTML REPLACEMENT<div style="text-align: center;">{TEXT}</div>
Again all I am searching for is [dohtml][/dohtml]'s HTML replacement.

If phpBB does not have [dohtml][/dohtml] as an option for BBCode as I've stated that is perfectly fine, I can do without it.
What type of template? A coded template. What is the purpose? For administrators to use in a post [reply] of a topic created on their forum. How will it be used? Within the post of a topic that is located in the forum.

DoHTML : http://rpgdirectory.jcink.net/?showforum=484
Examples of Templates: http://rpgdirectory.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=57909

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:24 pm

sorry, I will have to let someone else try to help you. I have no idea what dohtml is. I found nothing on the site you linked to that explained it. I thought you were just using dohtml as an example of do html for whatever it is you are trying to do.

sorry,

roberty
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

stephhhh

Post by stephhhh » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:25 pm

canonknipser wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:42 pm
So, you want your members to put in html code which should be rendered in their posts?

This is disabled (and can't be enabled easily) because of security reasons. Someone might compromise your board and / or your visitors devices by using malicious code.
I don't want the members to input HTML, just myself (administrator) on announcement topics made. However, with this helpful information you just provided me with, I will do without it. I don't need any type of security breaches.

Thank you so much for your response.

stephhhh

Post by stephhhh » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:27 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:24 pm
sorry, I will have to let someone else try to help you. I have no idea what dohtml is. I found nothing on the site you linked to that explained it. I thought you were just using dohtml as an example of do html for whatever it is you are trying to do.

sorry,

roberty
Thanks.

Return to “Custom BBCode Development and Requests”