Pre-set MP Subject

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.
Post Reply
User avatar
LuigiMdg
Registered User
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:12 pm
Contact:

Pre-set MP Subject

Post by LuigiMdg » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:41 am

Hi,
I'm searching a solution to pre-set the mp subject..

For example by url (with get method) or by posting a form..

I need a result similar of replying an mp..

I've try to search a solution or to find an idea but I haven't found this..!

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 66323
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Pre-set MP Subject

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:53 am

I assume you are talking about PMs and not whatever a mp is.
if so, then the normal way to send someone a PM is to click on the contact link under their profile when you are viewing a post by them.

if that is not what you are talking about please try again.


robret
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

User avatar
david63
Registered User
Posts: 16164
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: David Wood
Contact:

Re: Pre-set MP Subject

Post by david63 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:35 am

I am guessing that the OP is wanting to have the subject line pre-filled when composing a PM. If that is the case then you will need to give more information as to what it is to be pre-filled with and also how that relates to BBCode
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

User avatar
LuigiMdg
Registered User
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:12 pm
Contact:

Precompiled subject

Post by LuigiMdg » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:42 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:53 am
I assume you are talking about PMs and not whatever a mp is.
if so, then the normal way to send someone a PM is to click on the contact link under their profile when you are viewing a post by them.

if that is not what you are talking about please try again.


robret
Yes.. In english is PM.. But I don't want this
david63 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:35 am
I am guessing that the OP is wanting to have the subject line pre-filled when composing a PM. If that is the case then you will need to give more information as to what it is to be pre-filled with and also how that relates to BBCode
I need to go directly to the url:

Code: Select all

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=123
For example:

Code: Select all

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=123&title=Precompiled subject
With this result:
Image

Alternative is to send the subject by POST data

User avatar
david63
Registered User
Posts: 16164
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: David Wood
Contact:

Re: Pre-set MP Subject

Post by david63 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:00 pm

How does this relate to BBCode?

Also what you are asking does not make sense as all PMs would end up with the same Subject.

You need to explain exactly what you are trying to achieve - not how you think it should be done.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

User avatar
LuigiMdg
Registered User
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Pre-set MP Subject

Post by LuigiMdg » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:20 pm

david63 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:00 pm
How does this relate to BBCode?

Also what you are asking does not make sense as all PMs would end up with the same Subject.

You need to explain exactly what you are trying to achieve - not how you think it should be done.
I have selected the wrong category.. Scuse me!

Not the same object but a dynamic subject generated by PHP

Post Reply

Return to “Custom BBCode Development and Requests”