Custom BBCodes [Deprecated]

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.
raizen

Re: Custom BBCodes

Post by raizen »

raizen wrote:Hello, many thanks for this post.

I've convert my phpbb 2.0.23 in phpbb 3.0.5 i've insert all bbcodes but i can't set tag [center] and youtube for old post, so how can i how can I replace them? many thanks

This is an example of my youtube html.

<object width="425" height="344"><param></param><param></param><param></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V1tw5hqMTLQ&hl=it&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
None can help me? Please :(
some blind fool

Post by some blind fool »

raizen wrote:

Code: Select all

<param></param><param></param><param></param>
there are plenty of answers and different bbcodes for youtube if you are willing to search for them. youtube has come up quite a few times. :)
the example code you posted is missing the various param definitions. you will need those for it to work.
try this code.
please do not PM me to ask for help. thanks.
nickmirro

Post by nickmirro »

Moved my post to separate thread. Not sure where it goes.
raizen

Post by raizen »

some blind fool wrote:
raizen wrote:

<param></param><param></param><param></param>
there are plenty of answers and different bbcodes for youtube if you are willing to search for them. youtube has come up quite a few times. :)
the example code you posted is missing the various param definitions. you will need those for it to work.
try this code.

Hello I've tried that code but it doesn't work for youtube html script that are in phpbb 2 old posts.
Scombr0

Post by Scombr0 »

Hi, sorry to bother you guys again, but anyone has an answer for my previous question? ( http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p9821135 ). It's the same thread, but a few pages back.

Atte: Scombr0
PsYpEr

Post by PsYpEr »

I've got a strange request for a custom bbcode.

I have this graph which is an external object - I've worked out the bbcode for it and it works kinda well but one of the elements it requires is a unix time entry - this is so that if its the same value then the graph will provide the data from that time but if it increase each time the page is refreshed then it will show the latest data each time. Therefore I need bbcode which will change this value each time the post is refreshed.

So basically what I'm looking for is a bbcode which will hold the current unix time number from the time the post page is refreshed.
Lugh
Name: Louis P. Burns

Post by Lugh »

I added the custom BB code that Pit$Bull recommended and the only difference to my posting window is that there is now a tag for Flash and YouTube. However, when I click the YouTube option what I get is:

[youtube][/youtube]

Am I supposed to simply post the YouTube URL - In this test case my poem stored on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnccu17Hr68

in between ] and [ of the YouTube code?

If that's all I'm meant to do, it isn't working. All I'm getting is a blank area in my preview and when I post it.

I'm sure it's something silly I'm not doing but it really is frustrating lol

Could someone run a demonstration either with my video poem or any other youtube video, which I can quote to learn how it's done please?

Thanks
"My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all." John Lennon.
Longsh0t

Post by Longsh0t »

So I am using a flash banner creator called Anim-FX. It has a number of different "styles" which represented by an individual .swf file. For exmaple, if there was an animation style called "Mirror", there would be a corresponding mirror.swf.

The way it works, however, is that all of the editable content is saved into a .txt file which I'm guessing the .swf file looks for, ie mirror.txt.

I attempted to use the following code to display a flash signature but it did not work.

[flash=450,150]http://www.spite-baelgun.com/sigs/forward.swf[/flash]
It does not display the .swf file even though I have the matching .txt in the same directory. Any ideas on how to get this to work?

The program generates a custom html code that you are supposed to use. Is there any way to use this to make a custom bbcode?

<object classid=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000
codebase=http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,2,0
width=400
height=150>
<param name=movie value=forward.swf>
<param name=quality value=high>
<param name=BGCOLOR value=#000000>
<param name=SCALE value=showall>
<embed src=forward.swf
quality=high
pluginspage=http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash type=application/x-shockwave-flash
width=400
height=150
bgcolor=#000000
scale= showall>
</embed>
</object>
Lugh

Post by Lugh »

I posted my last post to here ^ above, over 4 hours ago. So far no-one has responded. I've been through this thread and see no working example of a YouTube video being played on a phpBB 3.0.4 or 3.0.5 package. Is there a problem with the wording of my question above? Add the 4 hours I've spent today to the other sessions on here where I've spent time trying to find the same thing out and it all become extremely annoying.

Can a Moderator or Admin please private message me with some assistance. I've spent the better part of half a working day, just waiting for a response and after all, having communities of forums like mine that can play YouTube videos by my artists, musicians and writers membership would work to attract people back to using phpBB and away from other more established and user friendly services. Or maybe you don't care...

Like I said in an earlier post today. I'm meant to be promoting a new band's single and need to be able to play their video which is on YouTube in my community of forums so that they can engage in Q&A with their fanbase.

"My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all." John Lennon.
onehundredandtwo

Post by onehundredandtwo »

This thread might help you. There is a MOD to do the conversion, many of the users complained it didn't work, I might try later to see if I can get it working myself. Basically, you will need to create the BBCode, like suggested, and then do the conversion.
Need help preventing spam? Read Preventing spam in phpBB 3.0.6 and above
forumntn

Post by forumntn »

Lugh, I use this one and it works perfectly.
forumntn
ChriZathens wrote:In my site I use this bbcode for Youtube and it works just fine..
BBCode usage

[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v={TEXT}[/Youtube]
HTML replacement

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{TEXT}"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{TEXT}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Help line

YouTube: [youtube]YouTube URL[/youtube]
You use the whole youtube url, not just the video ID

P.S.: Now that I see it it's the same as in the first post.. :roll:
Lugh

Post by Lugh »

forumntn wrote:Lugh, I use this one and it works perfectly.
forumntn
ChriZathens wrote:In my site I use this bbcode for Youtube and it works just fine..
BBCode usage

[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v={TEXT}[/Youtube]
HTML replacement

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{TEXT}"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{TEXT}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Help line

YouTube: [youtube]YouTube URL[/youtube]
You use the whole youtube url, not just the video ID

P.S.: Now that I see it it's the same as in the first post.. :roll:
Thanks forumntn, but I'm still struggling with this. I have opened the 'code' tags, I have placed the 'youtube' tags in and then placed the full URL to my own video poem on YouTube, but still get nothing other than whatever code + URL I've typed, or a blank area.

Please, please, please Admins / moderators - Can you post something up on YouTube and then give us regular users of phpBB a demonstration of that video on here, which we can quote and alter URL's of to play our own work? There isn't any valid reason I can think of why you wouldn't do this to accomodate us and this is clearly causing annoyance to a lot of users given the size of this thread...

Thanks...
Lugh

Post by Lugh »

Can an Admin or Moderator please delete this post? I've edited the text to remove my comments which were perhaps a little hostile but borne of sheer frustration...

I now appear to have the first bit of embedding YouTube videos sorted out...

Lugh

Post by Lugh »

There is a tutorial by Alex West over on YouTube which I found particularly helpful. I now have my video poem on my phpBB community.

I'm still not fully clear on the whole replacement of partial URL with {TEXT} or {SIMPLETEXT} though. I would be grateful to anyone who clarified this for me. Is it to do with us phpBB community owners posting several videos of our members stored on YouTube into our forums? Do we use {TEXT} and {SIMPLETEXT} while adding numerics to these to seperate / identify each video clip and for easy retrieval on our forums?

I would now like to continue working to promote the band I mentioned in an earlier post to here but I'm not sure where to begin. I'm also not sure I have finalised my own video poem properly and would really appreciate an Admin or Moderator on here talking me through it all, perhaps by private message if that's more suitable to them. Having watched Alex's video, I now understand the security risks a lot more...

Thanks and apologies for being a grouchy, grumpy old git earlier :lol: ...
magic456

Post by magic456 »

I have looked everywhere and tried everything in this thread but can't seem to find anything to make my flv or swf work.

Can someone please give me codes so I can embed FLV or SWF videos in my posts.

Thanks!

-Magic
I am a dating coach teaching men pick up artist skills so they can learn how to attract women.

Return to “Custom BBCode Development and Requests”