Custom BBCodes [Deprecated]

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.
triadruid

Re: Custom BBCodes

Post by triadruid »

ric323 wrote:
triadruid wrote:How does one craft a bbcode that utilizes multiple copies of the same type of variable? I was trying to make a clock code but it didn't recognize, and I'm unsure if it's impossible or I'm just doing it wrong.

Code: Select all

[clock]{DIGIT1}:{DIGIT2} {IDENTIFIER}[/clock]
just ended up showing: [clock]12:34 PM[/clock]
"DIGIT" is not a recognised token. Use "NUMBER" instead.
Gah - thanks! Not sure how I made THAT mistake...
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

mikeharmon wrote:I just need:

<table><tr><td>
pic 1</td>
<td>Pic 2</td>
</tr><tr>
<td>
pic 1</td>
<td>Pic 2</td>
</tr></table>
Read this. You should be able to project the idea of that code also to have your table headers and spans. The problem with table BBCodes is that most people forget that each linebreak will be converted to a HTML break, which is forbidden inside any table element but TD and TH. That's also why the example in the post I linked to opens up comment blocks.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
MPG187
Name: Operation 420

Post by MPG187 »

ric323 wrote:If you had reposted that message without making any of changes, the bbcode would have become active.
It didn't become active... I edited the post and submitted it again and it still just shows the code...
phpBB 3.0.4, http://operation420.net/forum, download package from phpBB.com (fresh install), mods installed, British English, MySQL 4.1.14
John T. Folden

iTunes Ping?

Post by John T. Folden »

I wasn't sure where to put this. I'd like it to function as a bbcode BUT I think maybe a little more may be involved?

Apple just released iTunes 10 today and it has a new music oriented social networking feature called "Ping". Everyone has a profile that can apparently be linked to from the web.

I'd like a bbcode where the user could enter their Ping user ID and it would then create the link with a Ping logo or similar in the post, sig, etc...

Thanks!
The Blue Whale Pub - SPN/SF/F TV Discussion Forum
ZOMBIE ALERT: The Walking Dead are coming to AMC!
AmigoJack

Re: iTunes Ping?

Post by AmigoJack »

John T. Folden wrote:I'd like a bbcode where the user could enter their Ping user ID and it would then create the link with a Ping logo or similar in the post, sig, etc...
We still need to have the HTML to give you a BBCode example. Moreover I definitly won't consider searching the internet for "ping itunes". Get us the details.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
John T. Folden

Post by John T. Folden »

Thanks, it looks like the links to Ping profiles are generally like this:

http://c.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZConnections.woa/wa/viewProfile?userId=XXXXXXXX
where XXXXXXXX is the individual account number that may also include a "-" at the beginning of it, if it's a musician or band profile.
The Blue Whale Pub - SPN/SF/F TV Discussion Forum
ZOMBIE ALERT: The Walking Dead are coming to AMC!
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Then you should define it this way:

BBCode usage

[ping]{IDENTIFIER}[/ping]
HTML replacement

<a href="http://c.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZConnections.woa/wa/viewProfile?userId={IDENTIFIER}">Ping profile</a>
Of course you can replace Ping profile with anything else, like a logo or such.
jaythom1

Post by jaythom1 »

Does anyone know a way to create a bbcode that will allow the maps from this site http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.html to safely be embedded in a post, or would it require a mod to be written? It looks like it might be an iframe issue so I'm not sure how safe it would be. Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by jaythom1 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Post by Pony99CA »

Superwaffle wrote:Does anyone have any idea how to make a BBCode to bypass forum filters? I'm the admin in a phpBB forum, and I thought I'd figure out how to make one so I could post a list of the current words on the word censoring list.
Is there some reason that you can't use the Can disable word censors Group Permission?

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

That is a User permission, not a Forum permission.
What good would the word censors be if everyone could disable it in every forum?
Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Re: Word Censoring

Post by Pony99CA »

Brf wrote:That is a User permission, not a Forum permission.
I know that it's a User permission (or, more specifically in the case I mentioned, a Group permission). Were it a forum permission, I would have said Group Forum permission. ;)

However, you didn't really answer my question -- would it work or not? I presumed that it allowed doing what the user wanted. If not, what exactly does it do? Neither the Word Censoring nor Users' Permissions documentation says. Other User options in the Post tab appear to apply to forums. For example, Can attach files and Can download files have similar options in the Private Messages tab, so if they don't apply to forums, where else would they apply?
Brf wrote:What good would the word censors be if everyone could disable it in every forum?
Presumably you wouldn't give it to "everyone". You'd give it to Moderators or Admins so they could see what the actual text was in every forum without having to edit the post. The OP was asking if a BBCode existed to avoid the word censors in some forums so that his moderators could see the censor list. My hope was that giving the Moderators that permission would obviate the need for such a BBCode.

If my guess was wrong, that's fine, but explaining what the permission actually does would be more useful than a somewhat condescending reply to my (IMHO reasonable) question about whether it would work.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.
demii

Post by demii »

HOW TO GET YOUTUBE WORKING!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v={SIMPLETEXT}&feature=related[/youtube]

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{SIMPLETEXT}&feature=related"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{SIMPLETEXT}&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
daveht

Post by daveht »

Hello All

I am looking for some one to write me a bbcode for photobucket videos.

Please help!
Dave
miniu81

Post by miniu81 »

I have a pphpbb3 forum and when i try to add [table][/table] it shows me only the code and not the table I have create. I can't also see a bbcode button called table. How can I adda bbcode [table] to my forum?
If I wrote something stupid correct me please :)
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

miniu81 wrote:I have a pphpbb3 forum and when i try to add [table][/table] it shows me only the code and not the table I have create.
How exactly did you add it?
If a bbcode doesn't work, you haven't used the syntax correctly, but we can't see what you've done without a bit more information.
To do a table, you also have to define bbcodes for rows and cells. Did you do that?
I can't also see a bbcode button called table. How can I adda bbcode [table] to my forum?
When you create a new bbcode, there is a checkbox to control if a button for it is displayed on the edit page.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Return to “Custom BBCode Development and Requests”