Custom BBCodes [Deprecated]

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.
TheSnake

Re: Custom BBCodes

Post by TheSnake » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:30 am

Pony99CA wrote:Sure there is. The example at my Test Board allows any number of columns. The markup is more complicated, though, requiring three BBCodes (TABLE, R and C). Here's the code that I used for the first two examples:

Code: Select all

[table=2,3x2 Table][r][c]R1C1[/c][c]R1C2[/c][/r][r][c]R2C1[/c][c]R2C2[/c][/r][r][c]R3C1[/c][c]R3C2[/c][/r][/table]

[table=3,2x3 Table][r][c]R1C1[/c][c]R1C2[/c][c]R1C3[/c][/r][r][c]R2C1[/c][c]R2C2[/c][c]R2C3[/c][/r][/table]
It's simple to implement, but harder to enter. (You have to careful with column counts and can't have any text between the tags, even newlines.)

In fact, I just created a new C= BBCode that allows column and row spanning. You can see the new examples at the link above.

Steve
The examples on your site looks good, would love to get a sneak peak at your code, I tried various ways to do seperate bbcodes for table, tr & td, just couldn't get the swines to co-operate, lol.

Luchtzak

Post by Luchtzak » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:32 am

Where can I find that code ?

Fruityboi

Post by Fruityboi » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:29 pm

nice ty for the code, but i cant get them working for the youtube code even

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Fruityboi wrote:i cant get them working
With those terabytes of information input there's only one answer which fits you: you're doing it wrong. Always give as much details as possible.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Fruityboi

Post by Fruityboi » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:49 pm

AmigoJack wrote:
Fruityboi wrote:i cant get them working
With those terabytes of information input there's only one answer which fits you: you're doing it wrong. Always give as much details as possible.

i made a support question up in the forum.. but here what the problem is:

What MODs do you have installed? Board 3
Raid progress
Raid Recruitent
What styles do you currently have installed? WoWCataclismo
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? I Don't Know
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
When did your problem begin? I was following a video with basic codes to get the video working. The video did work for a short length of the code. Then when i went to adapt ir and saved it. A white box started to appear. So i deleted the BB code, and started over. Now the video doesn't show or load up, but you can see its boarder line and spacing for where it should be.

Hmm new update is that the videos will work in the public forum but will not work in the private forums for some reason :S

TheSnake

Post by TheSnake » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:09 pm

I have both Google & Youtube video bbcodes, as well as a generic video url bbcode all working perfectly on my test server & my website. We need to see your code to see if there is something wrong with it. Using Code tags, paste your BBCode Usage & HTML Replacement.

triadruid

Post by triadruid » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:45 pm

triadruid wrote:
Pony99CA wrote:
triadruid wrote:Which CSS file should bbcode-specific stuff go into - content? common?
if it's simple CSS, just include it in a STYLE attribute. Ideally, BBCodes should not require file edits (those are MODs, then).
It's a spoiler tag. We have several different styles, and setting the font and background color always to #000000 isn't the best solution (for instance, a dark-backgrounded style). There are others that could benefit, like our mobile style being streamlined for certain tags.
Bumping past pages of table-talk.

FYI: the spaces before/after tables are an artifact of phpBB3's default CSS - you can remove (most of) them by having the entire table code on one line. This is easier for people used to BBCodes than people used to HTML.

FNolan

Post by FNolan » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:45 pm

Pony99CA wrote:
FNolan wrote:After playing a bit I got my custom bbcode to work, kind of. I not only had to edit the original file it called but also in the bbcode itself I hade to change all the "&" to "&" for it to work. Don't know why switching to PHP5 would do that but it did. :roll:
I didn't remember what you were having problems with (until I went back and looked because you didn't quote or link to the problem), but you should always use "&" in XHTML (which phpBB outputs).

Steve
Thanks Steve. What had me confused is I didn't need to use the HTML code before moving from one server to another. Just glad I got it figured out :D

Khoala

Post by Khoala » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:58 am

This must be an easy/stupid question, but how I implement this inline code to my PhpBB?

Thank you
Laptop: Samsung QX410-J01

TheSnake

Post by TheSnake » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:06 am

Khoala wrote:This must be an easy/stupid question, but how I implement this inline code to my PhpBB?

Thank you
It's listed on this site as c, However, I class it as a snippet, so that is name for the BBCode tag I've used, but it is the same thing.

BBCode Usage

[snippet]{TEXT}[/snippet]
HTML Replacement

<span style="background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF; border: 1px solid #869AA8; color: #2E8B57; display: inline; font-family: Monaco,'Andale Mono','Courier New',Courier,monospace; font-size: 0.9em; font-style: normal; line-height: 1.3em; padding: 0 3px;">{TEXT}</span>
Help Line

Code/Information Snippet: [snippet]Small segment of code, or information.[/snippet]
Settings

Display on posting page: Yes

Khoala

Post by Khoala » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:14 am

TheSnake wrote:
Khoala wrote:This must be an easy/stupid question, but how I implement this inline code to my PhpBB?

Thank you
It's listed on this site as c, However, I class it as a snippet, so that is name for the BBCode tag I've used, but it is the same thing.

BBCode Usage

[snippet]{TEXT}[/snippet]
HTML Replacement

<span style="background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF; border: 1px solid #869AA8; color: #2E8B57; display: inline; font-family: Monaco,'Andale Mono','Courier New',Courier,monospace; font-size: 0.9em; font-style: normal; line-height: 1.3em; padding: 0 3px;">{TEXT}</span>
Help Line

Code/Information Snippet: [snippet]Small segment of code, or information.[/snippet]
Settings

Display on posting page: Yes
Oh man,
Thank you for such a quick and accurate answer!
Laptop: Samsung QX410-J01

TheSnake

Post by TheSnake » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:27 am

No problem, I've edited it slightly for my own preference, but someone else had posted it previously. I just reposted it for you. I've had alot of fun (stress ???) recently, trying to get some BBCodes to work, Thumbnail & NSFW were the longest to get them working right.

Danny19740706

Post by Danny19740706 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:38 pm

hello
well i scrolled thru all this....
i cant figure out how te make an bbcode for php308..

so pleaase can anyone tell me whats the bbcode
for
xhamster.com

tnx

L33t_Of_Lag

Post by L33t_Of_Lag » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:53 am

Gday all,

I need a working mp4 bbcode. Everyone i have tried does not work.

I have installed The adbbcode mod, which works very well for everything but mp4's.

Alternativly, is there bbcode for vlc media player (as that also supports mp4)

Michael Regan

Post by Michael Regan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Rather than make a replacement BBCode, is there a way to alter the existing LIST code to allow numberic listing to begin at a numebr other than one?

For example, rather than:

[list=1][*]Entry number 5[/list]
which displays
1. Entry number 5

have

[list=5][*]Entry number 5[/list]
display the option of
5. Entry number 5

I believe this is a simple BBCode alteration (once I know how), but I do not want to alter the original and make it overly complicated to use if possible.

Return to “Custom BBCode Development and Requests”