Custom BBCodes [Deprecated]

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.
Witchboon

Re: Custom BBCodes

Post by Witchboon » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:30 pm

I need to know how to replace SPACES with UNDERSCORES.

Example:

[link]{TEXT}[/link]

Replacement Example:
<a href=http://www.wikisite.com/wiki/{TEXT}>{TEXT}</a>

The problem is that the links, if they ahve spaces, don't work.

If you typed in "The World" where {TEXT} is, the link will be just for http://www.wikisite.com/wiki/The

I need it to replace the spaces the user types in the {TEXT} to underscores.

Ideas? Thanks.

logan7133

Post by logan7133 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:01 pm

Hey guys new to the board and just wanted to ask if anybody has bbcode for hulu video player if not can one be made.
http://www.hulu.com/

thanks in advance..

Wert
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Aguilar

Post by Wert » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:14 am

logan7133 wrote:Hey guys new to the board and just wanted to ask if anybody has bbcode for hulu video player if not can one be made.
http://www.hulu.com/

thanks in advance..

Code: Select all

[hulu]{SIMPLETEXT1}[/hulu]

<object width="520" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/{SIMPLETEXT1}"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/{SIMPLETEXT1}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"  width="520" height="295"></embed></object>
Chris Aguilar - AKA "Wert"

logan7133

Post by logan7133 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:43 am

[hulu]{SIMPLETEXT1}[/hulu]

<object width="520" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/{SIMPLETEXT1}"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/{SIMPLETEXT1}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"  width="520" height="295"></embed></object>
[/quote]

I tried it the player pops up but says:
This video is not currently available at this site,but you can view this and other Hulu videos at Hulu.com
Did I do something Wrong? I put the number in between the [hulu]11258[/hulu]
You have to forgive me I am new to all this bbcode

Wert
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Aguilar

Post by Wert » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:03 am

You're using the wrong bit of number there.

Try this as a test after you add the code:

[hulu]xPyB2UBP6a87Du3mMismQg[/hulu]
This comes from when you ask hulu for the "embed" code. Works fine for me.
Chris Aguilar - AKA "Wert"

logan7133

Post by logan7133 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:46 am

Wert wrote:You're using the wrong bit of number there.

Try this as a test after you add the code:

[hulu]xPyB2UBP6a87Du3mMismQg[/hulu]
This comes from when you ask hulu for the "embed" code. Works fine for me.
Thank you so much!You are the best!!Works like a charm..

Kojek

Administrative Comment Box!

Post by Kojek » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:59 am

Administrative Comment Box!

BBCode Usage:

[admin]{TEXT}[/admin]
HTML replacement:

<div class="postbody"><center><table cellspacing="0" width="600" height="100%">
<tr><td style="background-image:url('******Insert your link to your header location here******');" align="center"><strong>Administrative Comment</strong></td></tr>
<tr><td style="background-image:url('******Insert your link to your background picture location here******');border-width: 1px;border-style: solid;border-color: #3C96C4;" align="center"><span style="color:black;font-weight: bold;font-size: 1em;"><br /><span style="color: #FF0000">{TEXT}</span><br /><br /></span></td></tr></table></center></div>

The Bru Crew

Post by The Bru Crew » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:33 pm

Hey guys,
Is there a BBCode that will allow me to embed a Microsoft Word Document into a post?

So if i have a calendar developed in Microsoft Word and I upload the file. Can I then embed it using a BBcode and have the calendar show up in my post?

derkubi

Re: Administrative Comment Box!

Post by derkubi » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:28 am

Kojek wrote:Administrative Comment Box!

BBCode Usage:

[admin]{TEXT}[/admin]
HTML replacement:

<div class="postbody"><center><table cellspacing="0" width="600" height="100%">
<tr><td style="background-image:url('******Insert your link to your header location here******');" align="center"><strong>Administrative Comment</strong></td></tr>
<tr><td style="background-image:url('******Insert your link to your background picture location here******');border-width: 1px;border-style: solid;border-color: #3C96C4;" align="center"><span style="color:black;font-weight: bold;font-size: 1em;"><br /><span style="color: #FF0000">{TEXT}</span><br /><br /></span></td></tr></table></center></div>

Works fine but i have the bbcode AND the box , see it here : TheProblem
I am german , so sorry for my bad english !

krijo

Post by krijo » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:01 am

krijo wrote:this is the HTML replacement for spoiler.. so what i am asking is if there is a way to add my own picture instead of the button that used in this code? and how do i do that?

<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px"><div class="quotetitle"><strong>{L_TRAILER}</strong> <input type="button" value="{L_SHOW}" style="width:45px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = '';        this.innerText = ''; this.value = '{L_HIDE}'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = '{L_SHOW}'; }" /></div><div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;">{TEXT}</div></div></div>
anyone?

Kojek

Post by Kojek » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:47 am

derkubi wrote: Works fine but i have the bbcode AND the box , see it here : TheProblem
really?
in my site it's just working fine...

The Bru Crew

Post by The Bru Crew » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:38 pm

So there is no bbcode for embeding a word document?

originalhandy

Post by originalhandy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:01 am

Kojek wrote:
derkubi wrote: Works fine but i have the bbcode AND the box , see it here : TheProblem
really?
Yeah I get the same problem.

lrgrthnlf

Post by lrgrthnlf » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:21 am

The Bru Crew wrote:So there is no bbcode for embeding a word document?
Depends on how you uploaded the document..

If you wanted to upload the word document as an attachment, and have word document attachments processed differently to normal - then you'd need to go through and update that section of phpBB, I think it's partly handled by styles - not the BBcode section.

If you were uploading the file to a web location somewhere, and you wanted to pass in the URL of the word document, then technically speaking, yes - you could use BBcode. BBcode is pretty much "take the data between the tags and wrap it in the HTML I tell you to".. So if you know how to embed a word document in a normal webpage, you'll know how to do it with BBcode.

There are ActiveX controls you could leverage to embed an office document in a webpage - I would NOT recommend it though. Might I suggest you're better off exporting the word document to PDF or HTML and just linking to that version.

In the case of converting the document to HTML (File, Save As, Type: HTML (and not the HTML archive or CHTML version) - albeit Microsoft's interpretation of HTML) - once it's in HTML, the browser knows how to work with it and you could probably rig something up using an IFRAME.

If, for example, you were uploading the calendar in HTML format to a fixed file location every time, then you could most probably create a BBcode which made an iframe which embedded the HTML document in your post.

There are of course multiple ways of putting data online - what you need to think about is:
* Why am I putting it in a Word document?
* Do people need to see this Word document as a word document still, or just its contents?
* Is the key purpose to display the contents in a web page, or to provide a file for download + printing?
* Will others be editing the file if they're downloading it?

If you're wanting a transparent solution to embed office documents in webpages and work with them etc. online - then you're really moving into Microsoft Sharepoint *shudder* territory.

Kojek

Post by Kojek » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:35 am

originalhandy wrote:
Kojek wrote:
really?
Yeah I get the same problem.
do you guys use phpbb2 or phpbb3?
i use phpbb3 and it's work fine.

Return to “Custom BBCode Development and Requests”