Custom BBCodes [Deprecated]

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.
Celtic Minstrel

Re: Custom BBCodes

Post by Celtic Minstrel »

What sort of BBCode would you like the user to be able to use to get that? I need to know, for example, which parts the user is allowed to change.

JonoE

Post by JonoE »

It is to display a vent server on the forum.

Jono

Celtic Minstrel

But what BBCode do you want the user to type in to get that result? Something like [vent]url[/vent], or something a little more complex?

Nibiru7

Post by Nibiru7 »

Help! MOD set bbcode, then deleted him, but now for me bbcode is not put, writes "impermissible signs", what query to give SQL
Excuse me for my poor English, I speak Russian. Nibiru·

Celtic Minstrel

...I suspect this may be the wrong place for that question.

Nibiru7

Post by Nibiru7 »

name a correct place

some blind fool

Post by some blind fool »

Nibiru7 wrote:Help! MOD set bbcode, then deleted him, but now for me bbcode is not put, writes "impermissible signs", what query to give SQL
we need a bit more information. was this bbcode set up by a moderator on your forum, through the admin panel, and you have since removed that moderator? or was it installed through a modification?

could you please post the bbcode and the html replacement for it in code tags for us to look at? [edit the bbcode and copy/paste both parts.]

Nibiru7

Post by Nibiru7 »

some blind fool wrote:we need a bit more information. was this bbcode set up by a moderator on your forum, through the admin panel, and you have since removed that moderator? or was it installed through a modification?
could you please post the bbcode and the html replacement for it in code tags for us to look at? [edit the bbcode and copy/paste both parts.]
It was produced through modification of "Almsamim WYSIWYG". Then I returned all stored files back, cleaned files with MOD. Now I can not add different bbcode

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

This topic has nothing to do with mods.
It is for adding bbcodes using the builtin Custom BBCodes on the Posting tab.

Celtic Minstrel

I think his problem is that that doesn't work for some reason...

twiztidsyn

Post by twiztidsyn »

Request/Question.

Sorry if these have been asked...I'll try to make this short n' to the point.

1) If I wanted to embed videos from http://veoh.com, what would the codes look like?

2) Is there a basic code able to be made for your standard videos? Like, i've found all sorts of videos on private websites with an embed code, this might not be covered with how the youtube or googlevid is setup....so is there a basic embed code able to be made? If so, could you please post the formula to make it.

3) Could someone also please help me with a code that would allow a music player similar to those used on http://playlist.com to be embed onto the index page. (It would be next to the chat so ppl can listen to music while using the chat)

I know, I ask for too much lol...sorry ppl.

Thanks to those willing to help.

Canis-Lupus

Post by Canis-Lupus »

Sorry I can't answer the query above but I would also like to work out how to embed videos from a particular site, http://www.abc.net.au/news/video/

Unlike youtube, abc.net.au's videos do not display a unique identifier but play while the feed remains masked. Maybe this makes it impossible to embed in a forum a particular video from the site. :?

Celtic Minstrel

twiztidsyn wrote:1) If I wanted to embed videos from http://veoh.com, what would the codes look like?
Already answered.

momentum

Post by momentum »

Canis-Lupus wrote:Sorry I can't answer the query above but I would also like to work out how to embed videos from a particular site, http://www.abc.net.au/news/video/

Unlike youtube, abc.net.au's videos do not display a unique identifier but play while the feed remains masked. Maybe this makes it impossible to embed in a forum a particular video from the site. :?
Without being able to identify the base URL of the video there's no possibility of embedding same into a forum post.

Craig.
QOTY: phpBB is free, good hosting is not. - robert (Lumpy Burgertushie)

some blind fool

Post by some blind fool »

Nibiru7 wrote:It was produced through modification of "Almsamim WYSIWYG". Then I returned all stored files back, cleaned files with MOD. Now I can not add different bbcode
as brf said. since this is a mod related issue, support for uninstalling the mod, and correcting any problems caused by it, needs to be asked of the mod author. if you downloaded the mod on phpbb.com, ask in the release/dev topic for the mod. otherwise, seek support on the site where you downloaded the mod from.
if the mod author cannot help you, then your next step is to ask for help in one of the mod support forums. seek help from the author first, though.
since i am unfamiliar with the mod you speak of, i cannot help you.
thanks for understanding.
please do not PM me to ask for help. thanks.

Return to “Custom BBCode Development and Requests”