Custom BBCodes [Deprecated]

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.
Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Re: Custom BBCodes

Post by Pony99CA »

Sakiru wrote:i want to put a adsense bbcode in a post, because i just want to put it in few posts (less than three) not in all topics.
Where can i get that ?
Like most BBCodes, if you don't care about text replacement, you can just put the HTML you're given in with nothing else.

For example:

BBCode Usage

Code: Select all

[ad][/ad]
HTML Replacement

Whatever code Google gave you
It only gets complicated if you need to do text replacements.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.
FrancisKatja

Post by FrancisKatja »

Would anybody be able to help me create a bbcode for the HTML arrows? I want it to work as such:
When somebody types -->
Then I want the html arrow to show up: → is the html code, → is the name. How do I go about this?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

FrancisKatja wrote:Would anybody be able to help me create a bbcode for the HTML arrows? I want it to work as such:
When somebody types -->
Then I want the html arrow to show up: → is the html code, → is the name. How do I go about this?
that is not how bbcodes work. they don't just show up because you type something. you have to click a bbcode button to get a bbcode to display.

I can't figure out how you would get this to work unless you replace it with an arrow image when you click the arrow button but not replace it with the html code.

someone else may know how to do it.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

FrancisKatja wrote:Would anybody be able to help me create a bbcode for the HTML arrows? I want it to work as such:
When somebody types -->
As Lumpy said, BBCodes don't dynamically replace things as they're typed. However, you technically don't have to click a BBCode button; you can type the BBCode in directly.

You can create a BBCode to display an arrow as shown below:

BBCode Usage

[arr][/arr]
HTML Replacement

→
Using that will require more typing than "-->", though.

However, once you have that, you could conceivably write a JavaScript routine that automatically replaces "-->" with the ARR BBCode (or you could create a MOD to do it or possibly use an SQL update to change all instances of "-->").

I wouldn't recommend it, though, because if somebody was entering HTML or XML code and used a comment (<!-- Comment -->), the replacement would break the comment and therefore cause the code be wrong.

Steve
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.
3seriestech

Post by 3seriestech »

I copied the bb code in the first page and added it to my ACP.

When i copy the youtube url all i get is text.

Is there an updated way to do this that isnt posted?
Lumpy Burgertushie

3seriestech wrote:I copied the bb code in the first page and added it to my ACP.

please be more specific. there are many different bbcodes on the first page and many of them have been updated/changed since that first page was created.

so, please explain exactly what type of bbcode you are trying to create and exactly how you are doing it.

thanks,
robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
FrancisKatja

Post by FrancisKatja »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:that is not how bbcodes work. they don't just show up because you type something. you have to click a bbcode button to get a bbcode to display.
Pony99CA wrote: As Lumpy said, BBCodes don't dynamically replace things as they're typed. However, you technically don't have to click a BBCode button; you can type the BBCode in directly.

Steve and Robert, thank you both for your reply. Using smileys made much more sense, so I made a small image of the left and right arrow and set them up as smileys using <-- and --> . Thanks for both of your thoughts, I appreciate it and it helped me along. :) Letting users use HTML code does not have my preference, so I like this solution.
Lumpy Burgertushie

FrancisKatja wrote:
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:that is not how bbcodes work. they don't just show up because you type something. you have to click a bbcode button to get a bbcode to display.
Pony99CA wrote: As Lumpy said, BBCodes don't dynamically replace things as they're typed. However, you technically don't have to click a BBCode button; you can type the BBCode in directly.

Steve and Robert, thank you both for your reply. Using smileys made much more sense, so I made a small image of the left and right arrow and set them up as smileys using <-- and --> . Thanks for both of your thoughts, I appreciate it and it helped me along. :) Letting users use HTML code does not have my preference, so I like this solution.
glad you got it to work for you. just as a note....nobody can use html in phpbb posts. you can use bbcode, you can create a bbcode that uses html to produce the effect you want, but it is not the same as being able to actually post html in a post. that is the whole point of it.

robert

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

3seriestech wrote:I copied the bb code in the first page and added it to my ACP.

Youtube
Youtube Full URI
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
rico_wa

Post by rico_wa »

Hello,

Sorry for my english, I'm french and I use Google translate
Currently I use a spoiler bbcode but does not entirely satisfy me you can see here:

http://forum.web-automobile.com/bons-pl ... t6632.html

I wish I had spoiler bbcode at the same time opens a new window to another site.

Thank you for your help
grieved for my English! my excuse, I am French!!! :mrgreen:

http://forum.web-automobile.com
cuculean

Post by cuculean »

Hello,

I am new in this domain.
I need a code to create a table like the following image.
Thanks

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

rico_wa wrote:Currently I use a spoiler bbcode but does not entirely satisfy me you can see here:

http://forum.web-automobile.com/bons-pl ... t6632.html

I wish I had spoiler bbcode at the same time opens a new window to another site.
That should be easy to do, but you'll need to post the spoiler code that you're using if you want help changing it.

Steve
Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

cuculean wrote:I need a code to create a table like the following image.

Did you use Search this topic to search for "Table"? That should return some table BBCodes, including this Table BBCode. (Make sure that you read the following posts, though.)

Steve
beccasmandan

Post by beccasmandan »

HELLO EVERYBODY,

Firstly im not 100% this post will be in the right area,
so if it is, would a mod please move to the correct location.

I have flv player on my site,
and i can play local videos ( that i ftp to a folder in the root )

BUT...... due to my host being a tad tight on the size allowed ( 10gb )
i need more space,

so.....

rather than having everything on youtube and pointing links to it ( easy peasy )
or having them uploaded to the server ( easy peasy )
how would i go about pointing it to my home pc

example:

(bk9lkNgt7zs) << in youtube brackets ( working )
mysite.com/vids/test1.flv << that is current on local machine to host (working )

how would i go about pointing the player to play the file on my home pc at the address below?

if my home ip address is 44.44.44.444
and my vid was stored at c:/vids/test1.flv

what would i theoretically need to do to point the player to play the file from my home pc instead of my server hosts?

would it be something like

44.44.44.444/c:/vids/test1.flv ? or would it be something far more difficult? and what would the security risks be? as in would it need just one port specified or many ports?

any help or guidance would be apprieciated

if this is in the wrong place, could a mod please move please thank you
i put here as the flv uses bbcode, and i didnt think its technically a mod as its bbcode,
nor is it a style issue or an issue specifically related to phpbb or mod request.
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

I sent you a PM.
Muggins

Return to “Custom BBCode Development and Requests”