Custom BBCodes [Deprecated]

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Custom BBCodes

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

is your home computer online? can you access your home computer via the internet in a browser?

if so, then put whatever you want to link to somewhere on your computer that is accessible from the internet.

I really doubt you can do this because if you already had your computer setup as a web server you would probably know how to do this. As far as security goes, if you do not know how to do this type of thing the it most likely is going to make for a very insecure system.

In general, if you do not know what you are doing, putting your computer online to be accessible from the net is not a good idea.

buy more web space to host your vids or whatever it is. get a better host etc.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
beccasmandan

Post by beccasmandan »

thanks for the replys guys,

my whole point being

1) i cant afford to buy more webspace
2) i cant afford to change to another host
3) i havent got the experience or knowledge to host the whole site from home

so the only other potentially viable option is to continue with my current host,
and have the flv files on my home backup system and point the flv player to the file.
i was hoping that there would be a viable way of doing this without opening up hundreds of ports
or displaying my ip address to the public.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

beccasmandan wrote:thanks for the replys guys,

my whole point being

1) i cant afford to buy more webspace
2) i cant afford to change to another host
3) i havent got the experience or knowledge to host the whole site from home

so the only other potentially viable option is to continue with my current host,
and have the flv files on my home backup system and point the flv player to the file.
i was hoping that there would be a viable way of doing this without opening up hundreds of ports
or displaying my ip address to the public.
that is why I asked those questions. unless you have setup your home computer as a webserver accessible from the internet, there is no way to do what you are asking.

sorry,
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
beccasmandan

Post by beccasmandan »

thx for the reply Robert,

i am testing out a program
not sure if i am allowed to name it so ill pm it you

that claims to allows the sharing of files via a link like i need i need it to do
Jeel

Post by Jeel »

Did somebody write a code to have image resized if larger than the post content width?

Is it possible to edit the IMG tag itself?
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

Jeel wrote:Did somebody write a code to have image resized if larger than the post content width?

Is it possible to edit the IMG tag itself?
There are plenty of great image resizing mods in the mods section.
Jeel

Post by Jeel »

Thanks, I'll go have a look :)
f0b0s

Youtube URL for forum

Post by f0b0s »

Since Youtube has the new updated embed features, here is what you can use for custom BB Codes to use the Youtube ID's:

BBCODE:

Code: Select all

[youtube]{SIMPLETEXT}[/youtube]
HTML Replacement:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/{SIMPLETEXT}" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Of course, just replace what size you want the video to be, and if you want to use secure "https" or not.

Example when posting in forum:

[youtube]HeA909adfAASDF[/youtube]
poultrymatters

Post by poultrymatters »

I'd like to be able to embed ustream videos and live feed. They have recently changed their site and the old bbcode is no longer working.

Here is a current embed code from ustream.

<iframe width="480" height="302" src="http://www.ustream.tv/embed/11378075?v=3&wmode=direct" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border: 0px none transparent;">    </iframe>
<br /><a href="http://www.ustream.tv/" style="padding: 2px 0px 4px; width: 400px; background: #ffffff; display: block; color: #000000; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; text-decoration: underline; text-align: center;" target="_blank">Live Video streaming by Ustream</a>
Does anyone know how to create a new bbcode from this that is not based on an iframe?

Return to “Custom BBCode Development and Requests”