Custom BBCodes [Deprecated]

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.
poorbutterfly

Re: Custom BBCodes

Post by poorbutterfly » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:46 pm

I mean my own private website with address, with global public access for viewing.

Would I be able to use the same private address if I installed my board with the phpBB package? What would happen to all the posts that are already on the board I have now?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:07 am

poorbutterfly wrote:I mean my own private website with address, with global public access for viewing.

Would I be able to use the same private address if I installed my board with the phpBB package? What would happen to all the posts that are already on the board I have now?
ok, that was all wrong because I did not read the previous page before I posted.

duh.

the answer to your question about keeping all your posts etc. is yes.

first you will need to get a good ftp program and learn how to use it to connect to your new hosting account.

then here is how switch to the files found here:
follow these instructions exactly and in order.
*NOTE: Before proceeding backup all files and the database.*
  • Upload all new files from a download of the full version, EXCEPT for config.php, the /images and /files folders.
  • Go to yoursite.com/forumfolder/install/database_update.php
  • Let that run and then delete the install folder.
  • You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts but without any MODs that you might have had installed.
take is slow and be accurate and it will all work out great.

robert
Last edited by Lumpy Burgertushie on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Post by Pony99CA » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:08 am

poorbutterfly wrote:I mean my own private website with address, with global public access for viewing.

I'm still not sure what a "private Web site" is. If you mean a control panel address (either like example.com/cpanel or 255.255.255.255/~user/cpanel), you shouldn't have a problem. You just need an FTP account (you probably got one in your welcome E-mail) to upload the files to. Then follow the INSTALL instructions in the download package.

However, this is not really about Custom BBCodes any longer. If you have further questions about installing phpBB, please create another support topic (you might want edit your last post here and link to it so any interested people here can find it).

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

luisely

Post by luisely » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:20 am

Flks I need Help!

First sorry for my English....I from Brazil. ;)

I need the code for new Youtube player, witch came with this layout:

Sorry , I try search at Google but everything is old!

Can anyone tell me where I found this code?
Attachments
youtube.jpg
youtube.jpg (25.32 KiB) Viewed 1392 times

poorbutterfly

Post by poorbutterfly » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:40 am

What I mean by a private domain is one you pay for and choose a domain name. www.domainname.com - then in my control panel I had the option of installing Fantastico Deluxe (phpBB2, they said).

I really don't understand anything anyone is saying. You seem to be skipping initial steps. I'm not sure of the path to 'get to' what you're talking about.

Why do I need an ftp if I have a control panel from which to upload everything? That is such an easy and familiar way for me.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:21 pm

poorbutterfly wrote:What I mean by a private domain is one you pay for and choose a domain name. http://www.domainname.com - then in my control panel I had the option of installing Fantastico Deluxe (phpBB2, they said).

I really don't understand anything anyone is saying. You seem to be skipping initial steps. I'm not sure of the path to 'get to' what you're talking about.

Why do I need an ftp if I have a control panel from which to upload everything? That is such an easy and familiar way for me.
A link to your Forum would answer a lot of questions. However, as Pony99CA stated, you probably should start a new support topic.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:16 pm

poorbutterfly wrote:What I mean by a private domain is one you pay for and choose a domain name. http://www.domainname.com - then in my control panel I had the option of installing Fantastico Deluxe (phpBB2, they said).

because the file manager in your hosting control panel will quite often corrupt phpbb files during transfer.
just like the text editor in your hosting control panel will corrupt them when you use it to edit phpbb files.
phpbb is not a normal type of html website and you can't use normal html website tools or methods with it.

robert

poorbutterfly

Post by poorbutterfly » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:48 am

Now I find out I have version 3.0.8. I don't know why it looked like it said phpBB2 the other day, but this is what I have now. It gives me the option of clicking on a youtube button when I'm in the textbox, but it does say flash is "off". I don't really understand the path for setting global permissions. I want the same thing for all my forums, to have the flash be "on".

Can someone please tell me the entire path from the very beginning, in order to accomplish this? Thanks in advance.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:22 am

poorbutterfly wrote:Now I find out I have version 3.0.8. I don't know why it looked like it said phpBB2 the other day, but this is what I have now. It gives me the option of clicking on a youtube button when I'm in the textbox, but it does say flash is "off". I don't really understand the path for setting global permissions. I want the same thing for all my forums, to have the flash be "on".

Can someone please tell me the entire path from the very beginning, in order to accomplish this? Thanks in advance.
Go to: Admin Control Panel >> "Posting" tab >> "Post settings" link >> And look for the option that says "Allow use of [FLASH] BBCode tag in posts"

poorbutterfly

Post by poorbutterfly » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:43 am

I think when I first asked this question, I said that already has a "yes" in it. I still can't get the 'use' of it, though. I've read there is something in "Permissions" that has to be set for the forums or it doesn't work. That's the path I need. I'm not looking to set "yes" to a user or a group, but to the whole board.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:58 am

poorbutterfly wrote:I think when I first asked this question, I said that already has a "yes" in it. I still can't get the 'use' of it, though. I've read there is something in "Permissions" that has to be set for the forums or it doesn't work. That's the path I need. I'm not looking to set "yes" to a user or a group, but to the whole board.
that is not how the permissions work.

go to the permissions tab in the admin panel.
select group permissions
select the registered users group
select all forums you want to have this permission
select advanced permissions
select content

check yes for flash

see everyone is in the registered users group including all admins, mods, etc.
If you are using the newly registered users group then you might want to set the flash permission to no for them.

robert

poorbutterfly

Post by poorbutterfly » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:03 am

go to the permissions tab in the admin panel.
select group permissions
select the registered users group
select all forums you want to have this permission
That's as far as I can get, but it doesn't give me any options for the last one. It doesn't show me forums to select. This is what I can choose from:

When I go ahead and click on Advanced Permissions anyway, it doesn't give me the option of choosing Flash. This is all I get:

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:21 am

you are in the wrong place.

select group permissions .you are under user permissions.

go back and read my post again.

robert

Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Post by Pony99CA » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:07 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: see everyone is in the registered users group including all admins, mods, etc.
If you are using the newly registered users group then you might want to set the flash permission to no for them.
That last sentence is incorrect. The "Yes" in the Registered Users group would override the "No" for Newly Registered Users. You need to set the option to "Never" to override a "Yes".

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Elysea

Rift BBcodes

Post by Elysea » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:40 pm

I've been looking for Rift codes like the ons eg Aion have:
Example

Code: Select all

[Armory]{NUMBER}[/Armory]
HTML replacement

Code: Select all

<a class="aiondb-item-full-medium" href="http://www.aionarmory.com/item.aspx?id={NUMBER}"></a>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.aionarmory.com/js/extooltips.js"></script>
http://rift.zam.com/en/item/A5D7F3860601010101
http://rift.zam.com/en/item.html?riftit ... 0601010101

I'm really lost and hope someone can help out

Offcause the best would be if the bbcode would show a icon of the item and with mouse over the info of the item would show, but text with mouse over would also be ok.

Return to “Custom BBCode Development and Requests”