Custom BBCodes [Deprecated]

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Re: Custom BBCodes

Post by Marshalrusty » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:12 am

I really do not see how you could accomplish that with the custom BBCode system. A modification to the posting screen to add a button that would insert that template into a post seems like a more reasonable course of action.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

MattJG77

Post by MattJG77 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:19 am

hi.

im working on making a [paypal] bbcode.

we would use it to post payment links for Rolling Road Days and Event attendance. theres an option for the user to input there username:

Code: Select all

<input type="text" name="os0" maxlength="200" value="">
how can i captcha the users username and insert it into the value="" field automatically?

on the old phpBB2 forum we had a [you] [me] mod so i could just insert value="[you]" but i had to allow the html tags in admin.

many thanks for any help.

lsearcy

Post by lsearcy » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:28 pm

Marshalrusty wrote: I really do not see how you could accomplish that with the custom BBCode system. A modification to the posting screen to add a button that would insert that template into a post seems like a more reasonable course of action.
How would i go about doing this? (sorry im relatively new to bb)
If its simple enough to explain I'd like to know which page i need to modify exactly and the code. to me its simple enough to code it but i always am confused on where it goes.

thanks
So many great ideas, too few programmers.

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:26 pm

lsearcy wrote:How would i go about doing this? (sorry im relatively new to bb)
If its simple enough to explain I'd like to know which page i need to modify exactly and the code. to me its simple enough to code it but i always am confused on where it goes.
For that, you would need to post in the [3.0.x] MOD Requests forum.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

Linicus

Post by Linicus » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:13 pm

This might be a really stupid question, but since I saw the index I had to know. How do you open up links in the same window? Like you did with the index? I can't do it on a forum.

lsearcy

Post by lsearcy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:39 pm

Linicus wrote:This might be a really stupid question, but since I saw the index I had to know. How do you open up links in the same window? Like you did with the index? I can't do it on a forum.
Who are you asking exactly? your trying to open a link from a forum in the same window?
So many great ideas, too few programmers.

Linicus

Post by Linicus » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:05 am

I'm asking anyone who knows. I want to open the link in the same window. Like if I created a guide for example, learning how to cook a pizza. Then the steps will be listed in one section, the ingredients in another, extra comments in another section, then in a last section it has the video version of the guide. In the index it will have all 4 sections of the guide which is on the same post all together just like the video code post that we are talking in. You click on the 3rd section link and it goes to that section of the guide on the same window (no new tabs, no new windows).

Blackking

Post by Blackking » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:15 pm

Is there anything like the Table BBCode Mod in phpBB 2.x available for phpBB3???

Greez Blackking

Reevergita

Post by Reevergita » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 pm

I am looking for a phpbb3 Table MOD too :cry:

oglach

Post by oglach » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:53 pm

youtube codes works just sometimes, why is this, and its not because it has ie or uk in link? its just by chance if it works for me or not

madd74

Post by madd74 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:46 am

Linicus wrote:I'm asking anyone who knows. I want to open the link in the same window. Like if I created a guide for example, learning how to cook a pizza. Then the steps will be listed in one section, the ingredients in another, extra comments in another section, then in a last section it has the video version of the guide. In the index it will have all 4 sections of the guide which is on the same post all together just like the video code post that we are talking in. You click on the 3rd section link and it goes to that section of the guide on the same window (no new tabs, no new windows).
you could create simple BBCode for that

[urlnew={URL}]{TEXT}[/urlnew]

<a class="postlink" href="{URL}" target="_blank">{TEXT}</a>
where urlnew would be named whatever you wanted the code to be

Linicus

Post by Linicus » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:37 pm

Thank you mad, someone was trying to prove me a "noob" on the forum I tested html for that. Only he couldn't figure it out saying it had to be written in javascript.

Linicus

Post by Linicus » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:47 pm

What is the exact code that I can use to create a guide, similar to the one that the main post has. I want it to have an index and when you click on the link it auto jumps to that section on the same post and page. I want the index to have the secion words click able (link). Then I want it to jump down to a section in the same post, just like the main post with the video codes.

I'll give an example below and if anyone knows what I am talking about please make a quote or code post that fills in the words I have:

Test Index
  • Test Section
    • Test Sub-Section

Test Section

Test Sub-Section
Extra contenet sample text.

IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:36 pm

lsearcy wrote:Is it possible to use a bbcode to create multiple lines in a topic?

ex. some of my topics always start with date, project, details then a link formatted as such...

[b]Date:[/b]
[b]Project:[/b]
[b]Details:[/b]

[url]Link[/url]
I would like all this to be set up when i hit the [files] button right up there with the rest, is the possible?
Or would this be better done by some sort of a template? but i wouldn't know where to start. please help.
Hi lsearcy,

maybe you want to join this request thread: [REQUEST]Can we have custom posting form in phpbb 3??

Regards
Wolfgang

Reflex1

Post by Reflex1 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:44 pm

I have inserted the BBcode for the tapes of GoogleVideo, but they don't work (with Id, with url it doesn't work). The tape is visualized but it doesn't depart and the shermo stays black. Someone that he knows me to say the why?

Return to “Custom BBCode Development and Requests”