[3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
andreszs

Re: [3.2][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by andreszs »

I have installed it in my local server and it worked. I'm using latest phpBB 3.2.1.
In the production server (everything identical) it installs and it can be configured OK, but when accessing the forum I only get these errors:

Code: Select all

[Fri Nov 17 20:12:52 2017] [error] [client 141.x.x.x] #4 [internal function]: gfksx\\ThanksForPosts\\event\\listener->add_header_quicklinks(Object(phpbb\\event\\data), 'core.page_heade...', Object(p in /home/admin/public_html/example.com/forum/cache/production/url_generator.php on line 46
[Fri Nov 17 20:12:52 2017] [error] [client 141.x.x.x] #3 /home/admin/public_html/example.com/forum/ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/event/listener.php(257): phpbb\\controller\\helper->route('gfksx_ThanksFor...', Array)
[Fri Nov 17 20:12:52 2017] [error] [client 141.x.x.x] #2 /home/admin/public_html/example.com/forum/phpbb/controller/helper.php(114): phpbb\\routing\\helper->route('gfksx_ThanksFor...', Array, true, false, 1)
[Fri Nov 17 20:12:52 2017] [error] [client 141.x.x.x] #1 /home/admin/public_html/example.com/forum/phpbb/routing/helper.php(148): phpbb\\routing\\router->generate('gfksx_ThanksFor...', Array, 1)
[Fri Nov 17 20:12:52 2017] [error] [client 141.x.x.x] #0 /home/admin/public_html/example.com/forum/phpbb/routing/router.php(168): phpbb_url_generator->generate('gfksx_ThanksFor...', Array, 1)
[Fri Nov 17 20:12:52 2017] [error] [client 141.x.x.x] Stack trace:
[Fri Nov 17 20:12:52 2017] [error] [client 141.x.x.x] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Symfony\\Component\\Routing\\Exception\\RouteNotFoundException' with message 'Unable to generate a URL for the named route "gfksx_ThanksForPosts_thankslist_controller" as such route does not exist.' in /home/admin/public_html/example.com/forum/cache/production/url_generator.php:46
Any help will be greatly appreciated. The local and production forums are exactly the same, I don't understand why it fails only in the production server. :?
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

andreszs wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:26 pm I have installed it in my local server and it worked. I'm using latest phpBB 3.2.1.
In the production server (everything identical) it installs and it can be configured OK, but when accessing the forum I only get these errors:

Code: Select all

[Fri Nov 17 20:12:52 2017] [error] [client 141.x.x.x] #4 [internal function]: gfksx\\ThanksForPosts\\event\\listener->add_header_quicklinks(Object(phpbb\\event\\data), 'core.page_heade...', Object(p in /home/admin/public_html/example.com/forum/cache/production/url_generator.php on line 46
[Fri Nov 17 20:12:52 2017] [error] [client 141.x.x.x] #3 /home/admin/public_html/example.com/forum/ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/event/listener.php(257): phpbb\\controller\\helper->route('gfksx_ThanksFor...', Array)
[Fri Nov 17 20:12:52 2017] [error] [client 141.x.x.x] #2 /home/admin/public_html/example.com/forum/phpbb/controller/helper.php(114): phpbb\\routing\\helper->route('gfksx_ThanksFor...', Array, true, false, 1)
[Fri Nov 17 20:12:52 2017] [error] [client 141.x.x.x] #1 /home/admin/public_html/example.com/forum/phpbb/routing/helper.php(148): phpbb\\routing\\router->generate('gfksx_ThanksFor...', Array, 1)
[Fri Nov 17 20:12:52 2017] [error] [client 141.x.x.x] #0 /home/admin/public_html/example.com/forum/phpbb/routing/router.php(168): phpbb_url_generator->generate('gfksx_ThanksFor...', Array, 1)
[Fri Nov 17 20:12:52 2017] [error] [client 141.x.x.x] Stack trace:
[Fri Nov 17 20:12:52 2017] [error] [client 141.x.x.x] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Symfony\\Component\\Routing\\Exception\\RouteNotFoundException' with message 'Unable to generate a URL for the named route "gfksx_ThanksForPosts_thankslist_controller" as such route does not exist.' in /home/admin/public_html/example.com/forum/cache/production/url_generator.php:46
Any help will be greatly appreciated. The local and production forums are exactly the same, I don't understand why it fails only in the production server. :?

It's strange as both environments are the same. I'm thinking about two causes:

1) Don't upload installed extension from local to prod; instead, intall it on prod as you did in local.

2) Clear cache after enabling. You can do in via ACP or, if it doesn't work, clean <PHPBB_ROOT>/cache folder using terminal or (s)FTP.

If any of those works I'll investigate deeeply. A link to your live forum could help a lot, even without extension installed.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Few thoughts about not merging with rxu's extension code:
  • None of us continued talking about that (my fault).
  • As time passes, I'm making decisions that may not be shared with him. 1s is about merging notifications, next will be revamp rating system.
  • I'll try maintaining DB compatibility, and nowadays it's compatible except for thanks events merging (the only difference is that with his extensions event repetitions will be skipped, but no error or problem will happen).
One thing I've to do:

I've to clone his 3.2 branch, add few changes and make a push to provide Tapatalk compatibility. It's simple and it's in my to-do list. I remember it's only two or three changes about exposing functions, and as I'm using same namespace the extension detection code will work out-of-the-box.

Problem is about timing: Maintain Tapatalk code, enhance my fork and doing the changes to rxu version is quite difficult when you have wife, children, job, 3 websites and a lot of microcontroller and electronics projects.... I.E.: next week I've to mount my kid's new bicycle, just after work and before doing dinner. Maybe, if there's time, even go to park to play with it... :D

I need 240h days... (but with only 8h work-hours!).

Edit: Last but not least: I intend this extension will be released as official extension and not stall as perpetual dev. In fact, it's in process yet...
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

New release, 3.0.7:

Added ACP options to be able to show Thanks on posts to guests and/or bots.

English, Spanish and Catalan are OK, other languages are Google-translated.

@eunaumtenhoid : This adds 4 new strings that do not appear on original extension.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Added an extra case to guest/bot view: miniprofile info on posts.

Same version, 1st revision.
andreszs

Post by andreszs »

Naguissa wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:03 am 1) Don't upload installed extension from local to prod; instead, intall it on prod as you did in local.
2) Clear cache after enabling. You can do in via ACP or, if it doesn't work, clean <PHPBB_ROOT>/cache folder using terminal or (s)FTP.
If the Thanks for Post extension had been installed here, I'd have given you many thanks for that post... :D It worked perfectly, thank you. 8-)
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

andreszs wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:32 pm
Naguissa wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:03 am 1) Don't upload installed extension from local to prod; instead, intall it on prod as you did in local.
If the Thanks for Post extension had been installed here, I'd have given you many thanks for that post... :D It worked perfectly, thank you. 8-)
Nice, "problem solved"!
neerajgupta0001

Post by neerajgupta0001 »

please help thanks button is not working, installation ok thanks list ok thanks button ok reset thanks list purge cache but thanks button not working
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

neerajgupta0001 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:44 am please help thanks button is not working, installation ok thanks list ok thanks button ok reset thanks list purge cache but thanks button not working

Do you have any public site where test it?

Also, have in mind this is a phpBB 3.2 -only extension.
neerajgupta0001

i dont try on test site , i install on my main domain http://chillforum.in
now i removed completely and install emoji icon
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

neerajgupta0001 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:12 am i dont try on test site , i install on my main domain http://chillforum.in
now i removed completely and install emoji icon
I've registered at your site and seems correct. But I have one doubt: Do you have any kind of AJAX-ifying extension? Maybe it can cause some trouble.

Also, could you activate it again? This way I could check.
neerajgupta0001

ext is working fine after disable ultimate seo url ext , i try on test site
need some correct configuration in ultimate seo url ext
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

neerajgupta0001 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 pm ext is working fine after disable ultimate seo url ext , i try on test site
need some correct configuration in ultimate seo url ext
I'm investigating a fix (rewrite or JS) to not having to disable any of them.

In case no fix is found, I don't recommend changing URLs on a live site, so my recommendation would be disabling thanks extension.
neerajgupta0001

i will try on test site if not work then i will remove thanks ext
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

neerajgupta0001 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:50 pm i will try on test site if not work then i will remove thanks ext
I've created a JS script to make both extensions work together. You need to add that code anywhere in the page, i.e.: style footer template.

More info here: https://github.com/Naguissa/thanks_for_ ... O-URLs-fix

Return to “Extensions in Development”