A new release of digests is now available. See the first post for a download link.
Sorry for the confusion about release numbers. This one is called simply 3.2.6 which because of the bad release nomenclature I used for previous releases is built on top of 3.2.6-RC13. Anyhow, it has been submitted to the extensions review team for review. It should pass this time as their issues were relatively minor.
I won't bother to mention the little changes requested by the extensions review team. You can see all the changes in GitHub
if curious. Here are some notes though that may be of interest:
- The RC-xx string is no longer in the
- Some ACP screens look a little different. Mostly the white backgrounds for the fieldsets on these screens have been removed. Many of the ACP legend language strings have been nulled since they are redundant.
- Edit subscribers has had certain controls moved around to make it look more "standard", basically look more like screens that do similar things. This involved moving the pagination links, fixing some padding and changing the alignments of some buttons. I was modeling it against the screen for the Admin log.
- Fixed a sprintf bug in the ACP interface. $order_by_sql had to be specified twice.
- Added the latest logic supplied by Petr Hendl (Czech translator) for properly placing multiple digests in the queue. I realized for some time now that digests are no longer being sent out one at a time, and they will use the queue, so I corrected the documentation that said otherwise.
- Fixed a bug that did not place and center the table of contents header properly in HTML digests (did not affect Plain HTML digests)
One thing I did NOT do was implement a suggestion by Petr Hendl to write a better
file for the
folder that accommodates Apache 2.4+. I tried it but I couldn't get it to work despite a lot of trial and testing. In any event, my development machine has Apache 2.4 and it accepted the old syntax just fine.
Translators, the following language strings were changed/removed:
- Removed DIGESTS_REFRESH
- Changed DIGESTS_RUN_TEST_CLEAR_SPOOL_EXPLAIN
- Changed DIGESTS_SEARCH_FOR_MEMBER_EXPLAIN
- Changed ACP_DIGESTS_GENERAL_SETTINGS_EXPLAIN
- Changed ACP_DIGESTS_BALANCE_OPTIONS
- Changed ACP_DIGESTS_TEST_EXPLAIN
Thanks to all who provided bug reports, critiques, etc. Certainly this extension would not get approved at all without your help. I am particularly grateful for those who helped me through writing migration programs properly so all the settings from the phpBB 3.0 mod carried over correctly and probably most importantly in the phpBB way.