[3.2][BETA] Rin Editor for phpBB (WYSIWYG Editor) (Powerd by CKEditor)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
quimlc

Re: [3.2][BETA] Rin Editor for phpBB (WYSIWYG Editor) (Powerd by CKEditor)

Post by quimlc » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:57 pm

quimlc wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:07 am
how can I make the textarea in message box transparent instead of white? because I tried remove this line in content.css:

/* Remove the background color to make it transparent */
background-color: #fff;

Also tried with

background-color: transparent;

But after replace it and crear cache still is white.

If I disable the extension then my message box is transparent, so is not because of the default css styles, so I don't know how to solve it.
I found how to add a background color and background image to Rin Editor.

Depending of if you use moonocolor or moono-lisa skin you must go to ../stykes/all/template/js/skins/YOURSKIN/editor.css

► textarea.cke_source{...}

► .cke_wysiwyg_frame,.cke_wysiwyg_div{...}

The first are the styles for the source, the BBCode editor, the second are the styles for the WYSIWYG editor.

You can put a background color adding "background-color: #COLOR;" replacing "COLOR" by the color code, and/or add an image adding "background-image: url(IMAGEURL);" replacing "IMAGEURL" by the url of your background pic.

For example this is how I did it (replacing the url by "MYURL"):

textarea.cke_source{font-family:Arial,Verdana;color:#000;font-size:14px; background-image: url(MYURL) !important;background-repeat:repeat !important;background-color: #EEE2D2 !important; white-space:pre-wrap;border:0;padding:0;margin:0;display:block}

.cke_wysiwyg_frame,.cke_wysiwyg_div{background-image: url(MYURL) !important;background-repeat:repeat !important;background-color: #EEE2D2 !important;}

I have added also some "!important" values to assure that anything change my background, but probably are not needed.

I would like make it transparent directly, but if I put "background-color: transparent" always is white, also using "!important", I will investigate how to make it transparent directly, but if you have some image as background in your forum or some color different to white or black this is a good way to make it very similar to transparent, probably nobody will notice that this is a textarea with a image background instead of a transparent textarea.

:!: Remember add the same code in the rest of css styles for different navigators like gecko and IE, but only editing editor.css will include most of navigators.

Return to “Extensions in Development”