[3.3][RC] Portal Board3 for phpBB 3.3.x

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Midway

Re: [3.3][RC] Portal Board3 for phpBB 3.3.x

Post by Midway »

</Solidjeuh> wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:17 pm
My version works on both sides. And all bugs are fixed
https://www.supportforum.be/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7
you are sure it's your version ? in the file composer.json I see this, isn't that more like killbill?

Code: Select all

{
    "name": "board3/portal",
    "type": "phpbb-extension",
    "description": "Adds a portal with several blocks to your forum. You can change the settings, move the blocks, add new blocks and more in the ACP.",
    "homepage": "http://www.board3.de",
    "version": "2.1.0",
    "time": "2015-08-04 12:49:14",
    "license": "GPL-2.0",
    "authors": [
        {
            "name": "Marc Alexander",
            "email": "admin@m-a-styles.de",
            "homepage": "http://www.m-a-styles.de",
            "role": "Lead Developer"
        },
        {
            "name": "Joas Schilling",
            "email": "nickvergessen@gmx.de",
            "homepage": "http://mods.flying-bits.org",
            "role": "Developer"
        },
        {
            "name": "Péter Komlódi",
            "email": "support_@jv-arcade.com",
            "homepage": "https://jv-arcade.com/",
            "role": "Developer"
        }
    ],
    "require": {
        "php": ">=5.3.3",
        "nickvergessen/phpbb-tool-trimmessage": "1.3.*"
    },
    "require-dev": {
        "phpbb/epv": "dev-master"
    },
    "extra": {
        "display-name": "Board3 Portal",
        "soft-require": {
            "phpbb/phpbb": ">=3.1.5,<4.0.*@dev"
        },
        "version-check": {
            "host": "www.phpbb.com",
            "directory": "/customise/db/extension/board3_portal_ext",
            "filename": "version_check"
        }
    }
}

twm49

Post by twm49 »

My version 2.2.0-b1 work very well with phpbb 3.3.0 :D :D

demo: https://lnx.3rotaie.it/phpbb3/app.php/portal

https://github.com/Sajaki/Board3-Portal
Tito sorry my bad English
php 7.1.11 - PhpBB 3.2.8 => 3rotaie.it
Sito ufficiale italiano per l'assistenza phpBB

eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid »

andr3wx86 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:59 am
eunaumtenhoid wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:23 pm
Want to launch something new? like new blocks?
I can implement them, what were you thinking?
a block with slide?
a other block with the function of highlighting the topics? (How do you choose which forums would work in this block and among all the topics in these forums the most visited or commented appeared in the block?)
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes

andr3wx86

Post by andr3wx86 »

eunaumtenhoid wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:44 pm
andr3wx86 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:59 am
eunaumtenhoid wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:23 pm
Want to launch something new? like new blocks?
I can implement them, what were you thinking?
a block with slide?
a other block with the function of highlighting the topics? (How do you choose which forums would work in this block and among all the topics in these forums the most visited or commented appeared in the block?)
You can do that with the custom block attribute mate, add a custom block and put code into it, too easy.

helladamnleet

Post by helladamnleet »

andr3wx86 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:39 am
helladamnleet wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:34 am
Apparently you can either do one or the other, not both, which I guess isn't a huge deal because I can supplement with a different plugin to occupy the right side of the screen. Oh well.

I still can't help but wonder why the upper and lower columns don't work though. I wouldn't consider this a release candidate until those issues are resolved.
Have you added modules to those sections and purged cache?
Yes, the problem is only the /portal page has all the modules, otherwise it's just either left or right.

andr3wx86

Post by andr3wx86 »

helladamnleet wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:22 am
andr3wx86 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:39 am
helladamnleet wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:34 am
Apparently you can either do one or the other, not both, which I guess isn't a huge deal because I can supplement with a different plugin to occupy the right side of the screen. Oh well.

I still can't help but wonder why the upper and lower columns don't work though. I wouldn't consider this a release candidate until those issues are resolved.
Have you added modules to those sections and purged cache?
Yes, the problem is only the /portal page has all the modules, otherwise it's just either left or right.
That’s correct, the portal is working as it should, in the settings you can only pick either left or right.

If you want them to both show up all the time you’ll need to change the script.

Bermudez
Name: Juan Antonio

Post by Bermudez »

Hi.
A new version of Board3 Portal for phpBB 3.3 is already published in this site → https://reyno41.bplaced.net/phpbb/viewt ... f=33&t=228

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

I'm probably treading on moderator territory here but there are at least 3 versions of Portal Board3 versions linked to in this topic and only 1 of those is the RC by the extension author for [3.3][RC] Portal Board3 for phpBB 3.3.x.

IMHO it could avoid a lot of confusion as progress is made to rename the non-[3.3][RC] Portal Board3 for phpBB 3.3.x by andr3wx86 to something different. Sooner rather than later there will be support topics for the extension and they might not be relevant to the extension this topic is about.

In other words only the extension by andr3wx86 should have the name Portal Board3 for phpBB 3.3.x
We should embrace problems, without which there wouldn't be any solutions.

canam800er

Post by canam800er »

Back then I made the portal compatible for 3.2 and also published the fix for the login. There are also adjustments in the css.
Sorry for my bad english, I am German and translated with Google!
My Extensionen!

andr3wx86

Post by andr3wx86 »

warmweer wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:52 pm
I'm probably treading on moderator territory here but there are at least 3 versions of Portal Board3 versions linked to in this topic and only 1 of those is the RC by the extension author for [3.3][RC] Portal Board3 for phpBB 3.3.x.

IMHO it could avoid a lot of confusion as progress is made to rename the non-[3.3][RC] Portal Board3 for phpBB 3.3.x by andr3wx86 to something different. Sooner rather than later there will be support topics for the extension and they might not be relevant to the extension this topic is about.

In other words only the extension by andr3wx86 should have the name Portal Board3 for phpBB 3.3.x
Taken your advice on board. Just wanted to make an extension available as I didn’t see any work or updates being made, progress on this module looked like it was abandoned.

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

andr3wx86 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:12 am
Taken your advice on board. Just wanted to make an extension available as I didn’t see any work or updates being made, progress on this module looked like it was abandoned.
If the extension is abandoned then I don't see any problem with anyone else taking over (preferably with the original author's consent of course).
My point is that an/the extension has a name, and that name should only be used for that specific extension;
If other extension authors are also working on the extension, then these extensions should get a different name in order to avoid any mixups. (or they should work together to release 1 version).
Nothing wrong with forking but if they have the same name, or even worse, installed in the same path, we're going to see some strange error messages.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

Agreed with the mentioned points regarding this and any other extensions related to board3. If you have your own clone then this is not the topic for you to post links to them. Please create your own topic if you wish to receive feedback and get the extension into the CDB. Regarding the name of the extension: while it might be prudent to name each extension differently to not cause confusion. Certainly wouldn't be good to have multiple extensions with the same name in the CDB so a separation of work would be an excellent idea to do now by changing or varying the extension names (board3 plus, board3 reloaded, board3 new, etc.)

Regardless of whatever name you put on your board3 extension clones please keep original author credits in place (as past developer).
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

andr3wx86

Post by andr3wx86 »

DavidIQ wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:45 pm
Agreed with the mentioned points regarding this and any other extensions related to board3. If you have your own clone then this is not the topic for you to post links to them. Please create your own topic if you wish to receive feedback and get the extension into the CDB. Regarding the name of the extension: while it might be prudent to name each extension differently to not cause confusion. Certainly wouldn't be good to have multiple extensions with the same name in the CDB so a separation of work would be an excellent idea to do now by changing or varying the extension names (board3 plus, board3 reloaded, board3 new, etc.)

Regardless of whatever name you put on your board3 extension clones please keep original author credits in place (as past developer).
What is your recommendation, happy to comply with whatever including deleting this thread if need be.

Not looking for fame or glory, just helping out the community as I couldn’t find the latest update for this extension.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

I think DavidIQ already gave you his recommendations quite clearly.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

andr3wx86 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:55 am
What is your recommendation, happy to comply with whatever including deleting this thread if need be.
I don't think the deletion of this topic was insinuated in any way.
DavidIQ's post should be seen (personal interpretation) as a stimulation to continue work of the extension, including different forks catering to different needs, but always including the credits to the original author (I'm not implying they aren't there), and keeping development of the various forks separated in their distinct and dedicated topics.

BTW, just for clarification, my earlier post regarding that matter was an expression of my opinion as a plain user of phpBB (and not as someone with any power of authority regarding phpBB ) (the only authority I have is to spend as much time as I want on phpBB - and even regarding that I have to make sure my better half doesn't feel neglected).

Return to “Extensions in Development”