[3.2][3.3][BETA] Usermap for phpBB

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Jorup16
Name: Jorge

Re: [3.2][3.3][BETA] Usermap for phpBB

Post by Jorup16 »

Version 0.7.0 working fine in my forum with style Milk v2

Spanish Translations for Ext phpBB :D - Traducciones al español para Ext phpBB :)
>>>>> https://github.com/Jorup16 <<<<<
Mike-on-Tour
Name: Michael

Post by Mike-on-Tour »

And thanks to Jorup16 the Spanish language pack is updated and part of the download package (zip file).
Watz fo lunch?
TazDevilBZH

Post by TazDevilBZH »

I've tried version 0.70 on three different board, and still get the same error when submitting informations (one of this board is a fresh installation with no other extensions)

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Column 'user_id' cannot be null [1048]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbbgm_usermap_users (user_id, username, user_colour, user_lat, user_lng, user_land, user_plz, user_location, user_change_plz, user_change_coord) VALUES (NULL, NULL, '000000', 47.65, -2.0833333, 'FR', '35600', 'Redon', 0, 0)
Mike-on-Tour

Post by Mike-on-Tour »

How did you submit the information? From the UCP or from the ACP?
Watz fo lunch?
TazDevilBZH

Post by TazDevilBZH »

Informations submited via UCP but it only occures when submiting informations for an already existing account, no issue when submiting informations during the account creation.
ViolaF

Post by ViolaF »

so you can add > if this column is Null > make nothing.
Or make a fallback to create this at this stage...
Mike-on-Tour

Post by Mike-on-Tour »

I tested it on my page and it does work. What happens when you do it from the ACP (it is the same routine)?

@ViolaF:
Thx for your suggestions but how should one create a user_id for an existing user? And if he is editing user data in the UCP that user clearly must exist, therefore must have a user_id, so there is no need to 'create' one. The question here is why this user_id is getting lost while processing the user's data.
Watz fo lunch?
Mike-on-Tour

Post by Mike-on-Tour »

Usermap 0.8.0 is available for download, the respective link in the OP and the GitHub repository have been updated.

Changes include some bug fixes either experienced by single users or have been noted through a code review. Additionally the package includes a README.md file with a detailed manual and all prosilver style html files are converted to TWIG syntax and (VERY IMPORTANT!!!):
The (in future phpBB versions marked as deprecated) usage of language variables through the user object has been changed to the usage of the "$language" object thus making Usermap starting with this version incompatible with phpBB 3.2.5 or prior. If you are still using one of these versions of phpBB you either MUST NOT update to Usermap 0.8.0 or update/upgrade your forum to a phpBB version 3.2.6 or newer. As a protection against accidentally enabling Usermap on a forum not suited for it a version test is part of the enabling procedure.
A list of all changes is available through the (new) CHANGELOG.md file included in the download package.

To update your Usermap please disable it within the ACP, delete the folder ext/mot/usermap and upload the the directory usermap into ext/mot using a reliable FTP software after unzipping it from the downloaded zip file. After enabling it again (DO NOT delete the extensions data) everything should work again.
Watz fo lunch?
david63

Post by david63 »

Mike-on-Tour wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:01 am
has been changed to the usage of the "$language" object thus making Usermap starting with this version incompatible with phpBB 3.2.5 or prior
Unless you have some other changes then all 3.2.x versions use the $language object (viewtopic.php?f=461&t=2349131).
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
Mike-on-Tour

Post by Mike-on-Tour »

Thanks for your hint, perhaps I misunderstood something.
Watz fo lunch?
Jorup16
Name: Jorge

Post by Jorup16 »

Are there new lines to translate?
Spanish Translations for Ext phpBB :D - Traducciones al español para Ext phpBB :)
>>>>> https://github.com/Jorup16 <<<<<
thecaretaker1

Post by thecaretaker1 »

Version 0.8.0 working well on my forum.

Just a thought... I have my forum set up with the newly registered group where an admin has to approve the users first post. A useful feature would be to have a link when looking at a 'users profile' to see the users location on the map. I could then check their claimed location on the map against their IP address/Internet provider. I guess there would be no reason why all users couldn't see the link.

Thanks for all your hard work. It is a very useful extension.

Screenshot 2020-09-16 083930.png
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

thecaretaker1 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:53 am
I could then check their claimed location on the map against their IP address/Internet provider
that may not always work. i used to have a provider that showed my location 3 hours away from where i actually lived. even got asked why my IP showed i was from a different town so far away. it was satellite internet which was all i could get at that time and it absolutely sucked with a 7 second lag all the time :roll:
Mike-on-Tour

Post by Mike-on-Tour »

Jorup16 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:16 am
Not yet, the changes in ver. 0.8.0 do not have an impact on the language files.
thecaretaker1 wrote:
I guess there would be no reason why all users couldn't see the link.
Do I understand that correctly as that you want all your users to see the map with users' locations even if they don't provide their own location? That should certainly be possible, I'll think about it for the next version.

A link to check the IP(-location) against the given location is much more difficult and frankly, I can't see the benefit, since the IP only gives the provider's address and in my experience (we do it the same way with our MC forum) it is very unreliable to check the first against the second since providers sometimes cover huge areas or users use company or scientific networks which are a totally different thing.
And it would be a lot of work which I lack the time for at the moment.
Watz fo lunch?
thecaretaker1

Post by thecaretaker1 »

Mike-on-Tour wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:10 am
Jorup16 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:16 am
Not yet, the changes in ver. 0.8.0 do not have an impact on the language files.
thecaretaker1 wrote:
I guess there would be no reason why all users couldn't see the link.
Do I understand that correctly as that you want all your users to see the map with users' locations even if they don't provide their own location? That should certainly be possible, I'll think about it for the next version.

A link to check the IP(-location) against the given location is much more difficult and frankly, I can't see the benefit, since the IP only gives the provider's address and in my experience (we do it the same way with our MC forum) it is very unreliable to check the first against the second since providers sometimes cover huge areas or users use company or scientific networks which are a totally different thing.
And it would be a lot of work which I lack the time for at the moment.
Hi, I don't think I explain it correctly, I can already check a users ip address (and I do for newly registered users), so to have the ability to see where the newly registered users postcode location is on the map (if they provided it) would just be another check for genuine users for me.

A link from the users profile to show just that users postcode location on the map is what I was hoping for (or have it highlighted in some way on the normal full usermap). All users who have provided their postcode could see the users location on the map (as they do now). Those users that have not provided a postcode could still get the 'you do not have permission' message (as they do now).

Return to “Extensions in Development”