An extension for phpBB 3.1 that will show users how strong (or weak) their password is as they type it into the password field.
This extension is a port of my MOD from phpBB 3.0.x.
- Password strength is indicated visually. The password field will change colors as the user types in a password, displaying red for weak passwords through green for strong passwords.
- Below the password field a text indicator will also appear describing the password strength as 'Very Weak', 'Weak', 'Good', 'Strong' and 'Very Strong'.
- Password Strength is active on new user registration, and in the UCP and ACP areas where you can change existing passwords to new passwords.
- Password strength is graded by finding the following criteria in a password:
- Contains a minimum of 6 characters
- Contains mixed case letters
- Contains numbers
- Contains special characters
- Password exceeds 12 characters
- phpBB 3.1.0-RC2 or higher
- PHP 5.3.3 or higher
- Download the latest release and unzip it.
- Copy the entire contents from the unzipped folder to
- Navigate in the ACP to Customise -> Manage extensions.
- Find Password Strength under "Disabled Extensions" and click Enable.
Important: This Extension can only be installed on phpBB 3.1. Do NOT use this on a live board. It should only be installed for testing purposes or just to check it out. No support will be provided.