This is an extension for phpBB 3.1 that will find and display a list of similar (related) topics at the bottom of the current topic's page.
This extension is a port of my MOD from phpBB 3.0.x.
- Displays a list of the most similar/relevant topics at the bottom of the current topic page.
- Uses a precise and light MySQL query to search topic titles for matches.
- Similar topics are sorted in order of decreasing relevance.
- Adjust how many Similar Topics to display per page.
- Adjust the age-span of topics to display (ie: display similar topics from the past year only).
- Individually enable/disable the display of similar topics in each forum.
- You can exempt certain forums from being searched for similar topics.
- You can define which forums can share similar topics with other forums.
- A query caching option reduces SQL overhead on large boards.
- Permission settings for users and groups determine who can view similar topics.
- Multi-lingual support for stop-words (common words that are ignored).
- Attractive Prosilver and Subsilver2 integration.
- Built-in support for integration with my "Topic Preview" extension
- phpBB 3.1.0-RC2 or higher
- PHP 5.3.3 or higher
- MySQL 4.0.1 or higher using MyISAM tables (InnoDB supported with MySQL 5.6.4 or higher).
- Download the latest release and unzip it.
- Copy the entire contents from the unzipped folder to
- Navigate in the ACP to Customise -> Manage extensions.
- Find Precise Similar Topics under "Disabled Extensions" and click Enable.
Important: This Extension can only be installed on phpBB 3.1. Do NOT use this on a live board. It should only be installed for testing purposes or just to check it out. No support will be provided.