[CDB] Precise Similar Topics

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
MattF
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Re: [BETA] Precise Similar Topics

Post by MattF »

Under the extensions tab
Formerly known as VSEMy ExtensionsPlease do not PM me for support.
dkone164

Post by dkone164 »

I look forward this extension for install phpbb 3.1 on live board. Cheer Up :D
M.O.B.

Post by M.O.B. »

VSE wrote:Under the extensions tab
Ah, I see why I didn't see it under there. You see after the upgrade from 3.0.12, I couldn't open that tab, since I got a lot of errors. So I went into the Module management and disabled the old ones.

So I went inside there, and saw it was still disabled--even though now it had a proper name for it. I enabled it and voila, I see it under the EXTENSIONS tab. :)

The reason why I didn't delete the old ones, is that I am afraid to lost all the data. In hopes that when I install a new update version, it will retain the data, and keep on working after. :)
Walther

Post by Walther »

M.O.B. wrote:
Ah, I see why I didn't see it under there. You see after the upgrade from 3.0.12, I couldn't open that tab, since I got a lot of errors. So I went into the Module management and disabled the old ones.

So did I for the very same reason, although I deleted the non-working modules too.

Now installing the Precise Similar Topics I get a fault concerning PST_TITLE_ACP being non-existing :?
dkone164

Post by dkone164 »

It works perfectly for me. Thanks for this ext.
noth

Post by noth »

Can't wait for the release of this :D is a great help in viewtopic
Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

VSE wrote:Important: This Extension can only be installed on phpBB 3.1. Do NOT use this on a live board. It should only be installed for testing purposes or just to check it out. No support will be provided.
When do you feel this might be ready for a production site? I mean, roughly how long do you think?
MattF

Post by MattF »

Alien_Time wrote:
VSE wrote:Important: This Extension can only be installed on phpBB 3.1. Do NOT use this on a live board. It should only be installed for testing purposes or just to check it out. No support will be provided.
When do you feel this might be ready for a production site? I mean, roughly how long do you think?
Maybe a month or so. Depends on how long it takes for phpBB to validate it. They will have a heavy load of new extensions to validate so it could take longer.

But you can go ahead and use it now if you want. Just be aware it hasn't yet had phpBB's stamp of approval, but as the major codebase is built on the validated MOD, I'm confident this one is production ready.
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Re: [RC] Precise Similar Topics

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

I'm using and have not any problems. :)
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

That sounds great. Thank you. I will be starting with a test server first anyways and it will be a month before it is production ready. Knowing that it's stable already is great news. I will give it a try now. For 3.1 I am not going to install many mods at all, but this one is a must have for me. Thanks for creating it :)
Walther

Post by Walther »

Walther wrote:
M.O.B. wrote:

So did I for the very same reason, although I deleted the non-working modules too.

Now installing the Precise Similar Topics I get a fault concerning PST_TITLE_ACP being non-existing :?
Added the module manual in the ACP, not fully tested yet, but no more errors and it looks like it is working :idea:
MattF

Post by MattF »

Walther wrote:Added the module manual in the ACP, not fully tested yet, but no more errors and it looks like it is working :idea:
Absolutely do not do that! This is done by normal installation of the extension.
Normand
Name: Normand

Post by Normand »

for your info.
I am presently upgrading forum from v3.0.12 to v3.1.1.
I have installed this version of PST in phpbb v3.1.1 and it installed ok. The French module is ok by the way!
However, I noticed that it did not work at first, I then realized that in my index module, I had only MySQL Fulltext (actif), I then created phpBB Native Fulltext (takes a lot longer), cleared my cache and now it works fine.
Sorry if that problem has already been discussed.
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

1) 2300 topics on forum, but "similar" topics not always be displayed.
2) what appears as "similar" does not have anything to do with one word in the title to the original topic.
to check the extension I chose topics, which is very similar to many other topics on the forum.

I see topic Girls and motorcycles. Part №39

I know, that on my forum are more than 40 such topics only with other numbering.

but in similar topics shown only one, though not unrelated to the original topic.

in the other examples was still worse.

similar mod in 3.0 worked fine. this extension for 3.1 in this version - awful and does not work as it should.
MattF

Post by MattF »

FomenkoAndrey wrote:similar mod in 3.0 worked fine. this extension for 3.1 in this version - awful and does not work as it should.
This function is exactly the same as it was in 3.0. All those topics you are showing in your first image are over 4 years old. The extension's default setting is 1 year old. So those may be getting ignored. The similar topics in your 2nd screenshot are within the 1 year age-span. Check your settings.

Return to “Extensions in Development”