[ABD] Quick Title Edition 2.0.0

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
ErnadoO
Name: Erwan Nader

Re: [3.1][3.2][ALPHA] Quick Title Edition 2.0.0

Post by ErnadoO »

Possible but not planified
Former Administrator && MOD team leader on phpbb-fr.com
Tarantino

Post by Tarantino »

Better then sort would be filter. A way to filter, since a filter would make it possible to select multiple attributes so we can see 2 or 3 from 20 for example.
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

Hello again,

I've been testing this extension (latest master from Github) and I have a few issues with it.

First of all, I created two attributes, and set the permissions, but only the second one can be selected. The first one is nowhere to be seen. When I add a third one, that one shows as expected.

Secondly, the attributes dropdown shows up on every forum even though there are no attributes available.

phpBB3.2.2, php 7.1.

I'll try again with the a2 release and see if that works better (I may have downloaded a work in progress?)

Thanks!
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

One more thing - the attribute that doesn't show up in the post editor, does show up just fine in the search...
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

sp3ctre wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:27 am
Miri4ever wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:26 am Go inside your ACP -> Forum settings and scroll their down to:
Topic attributes settings
Default attribute of the forum:
The selected attribute will be applied when a new topic is created, whatever the user permissions.

Copy attributes permissions from:
When created, the forum will have the same attributes permissions as the one you selected. If no forum is selected, attributes will not be displayed while their permissions will not have been defined.

Force users to apply an attribute to their topic:
If enabled, users will have to select an attribute for their topic in that forum.
Yes, that is selected, but I can still post without having to select a title

I have the same thing happening to me. Just tested with the release version a2, as well as with the latest master. I think the issues as described in my previous posts may be related. The first missing attribute counts as a selected attribute internally, so the topic can always be created (I am guessing here...)
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

One last one. The percentages in the ACP seem to be wrong. If I have two attributes, and I use one, once, the percentages are:

Attribute 1 - 1%
Attribute 2 - 0%

I would expect Attribute 1 to have 100%?

Other than these thing, this is an extremely useful extension! Hope it's a relatively quick fix... :)
ErnadoO

Post by ErnadoO »

nou nou wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:35 pm I have the same thing happening to me. Just tested with the release version a2, as well as with the latest master. I think the issues as described in my previous posts may be related. The first missing attribute counts as a selected attribute internally, so the topic can always be created (I am guessing here...)
In main_listener.php, replace

Code: Select all

$post_data['attr_id'] = $this->request->variable('attr_id', \ernadoo\qte\qte::KEEP, false, \phpbb\request\request_interface::POST);
with

$post_data['attr_id'] = $this->request->variable('attr_id', 0, false, \phpbb\request\request_interface::POST);
nou nou wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:37 pm One last one. The percentages in the ACP seem to be wrong. If I have two attributes, and I use one, once, the percentages are:

Attribute 1 - 1%
Attribute 2 - 0%

I would expect Attribute 1 to have 100%?
Nop:

'QTE_PER_CENT' => empty($total_topics) ? 0 : round(intval($attribute_count) * 100 / $total_topics),
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

ErnadoO wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:29 pm In main_listener.php, replace

$post_data['attr_id'] = $this->request->variable('attr_id', \ernadoo\qte\qte::KEEP, false, \phpbb\request\request_interface::POST);
with

$post_data['attr_id'] = $this->request->variable('attr_id', 0, false, \phpbb\request\request_interface::POST);
Sweet! That solves the issue of being able to post with no attribute selected :)

The other issues still remain...
ErnadoO wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:29 pmNop:

'QTE_PER_CENT' => empty($total_topics) ? 0 : round(intval($attribute_count) * 100 / $total_topics),
Ah - so it's a percentage of total topics - gotcha! :)

Thanks!
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

One more detail. When I activate the extension and don't do anything else, the topic attribute drop-down menu already appears in all forums, but not in the search.

So it would appear that in the search everything works as expected, but not in the post editor. I don't know if it helps... :)
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

Ok last one (for completeness sake)...

In the ACP, forum settings. Where you can set a default attribute to assign, the first one added doesn't show either.

So if you have attributes A, B and C and group forum permissions set for all 3, the choices on the drop-down are:

- select desired attribute
- B
- C
ErnadoO

Post by ErnadoO »

Please check first attribute permissions, i can't reproduce this bug
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

Ok so here is where it gets weird... It only happens when I am in my admin account. If I am checking under a registered user account, all works as expected... :?:
ErnadoO

Post by ErnadoO »

It looks like permissions problem
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

Bingo. Found it.

So, I'll first describe the steps that I originally did.

- enable extension
- go into posting -> topic attributes, and add 3 separate text attributes. Don't copy permissions between them, output set to default (Image).
- go onto forum group permissions for Registered Users, set permissions to use the three attributes all to yes.
- that's it - nothing else set.

Result (from the admin account, which is also a Founder) is all as described above, with issues. From a registered user account it's all good however.

Then, to rule out permission problems, I went into the Moderative Forum Group permissions for Administrators and turned both permissions to YES.

This fixes all the issues! Yay! :) Including the one in the ACP. I still have the add topic attribute appear in other forums where there are none active (for the Administrator account) but that's not a problem (not sure if that is intentional)

Now I've tested with a Moderator account and it turns out for Moderators the Moderative permissions don't need to be set for all to work well. This just applies to the admin account.
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

Sounds promising, but I followed what you did and I can still post without selecting an attribute, as admin or as a general user. Bizarre

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”