[ABD] Quick Title Edition 2.0.0

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
nou nou

Re: [3.1][3.2][ALPHA] Quick Title Edition 2.0.0

Post by nou nou »

And you did this? viewtopic.php?p=14990076#p14990076

That fixed it for me.
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

I must say, once it works it's pretty superb what this extension does.

The ONLY thing I'm missing is the ability to click the attribute and get a search result with it. I know I can go into the search for it, but being able to do that directly would be amazing. That, or even better being able to sort by attribute.
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

nou nou wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:49 pm And you did this? viewtopic.php?p=14990076#p14990076

That fixed it for me.
Yeah, did that, still allows me to post without selecting an attribute.
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

And that option is set correctly in the forum settings?
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

nou nou wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:03 pm And that option is set correctly in the forum settings?
Yup, can delete attributes, edit attributes, access to each of the attributes... forum set to force user to select... all seems ok
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

That's odd... Sorry I can't reproduce that on my end.
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

I would probably try restarting from scratch, delete all data and see what happens...
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

I got it working, but I had to change (in main_listener.php) this:

Code: Select all

if ($post_data['attr_id'] == \ernadoo\qte\qte::REMOVE && ($event['mode'] == 'post' || ($event['mode'] == 'edit' && $event['post_data']['topic_first_post_id'] == $event['post_id'])) )
to this:

Code: Select all

if ($post_data['attr_id'] == 0 && ($event['mode'] == 'post' || ($event['mode'] == 'edit' && $event['post_data']['topic_first_post_id'] == $event['post_id'])) )
ErnadoO
Name: Erwan Nader

Post by ErnadoO »

you introduce a new bug with this change.

If a moderator edit first post in a forum with mandatory attribute but can't see anything combo box, he will see an error message
Former Administrator && MOD team leader on phpbb-fr.com
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

ErnadoO wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:02 am you introduce a new bug with this change.

If a moderator edit first post in a forum with mandatory attribute but can't see anything combo box, he will see an error message
I see. Any ideas as to why the first example doesn't work for me though? I stripped the forum down so it was default prosilver and no other mods, so am stumped as to why it wasn't working.

Such a great mod, just really want to get it working.
ErnadoO
Name: Erwan Nader

Post by ErnadoO »

Maybe with a dump of your database yes
Former Administrator && MOD team leader on phpbb-fr.com
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

ErnadoO wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 am Maybe with a dump of your database yes
Hi, I have sent you a PM with the details.

Thanks
Tarantino

Post by Tarantino »

nou nou wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:51 pm I must say, once it works it's pretty superb what this extension does.

The ONLY thing I'm missing is the ability to click the attribute and get a search result with it. I know I can go into the search for it, but being able to do that directly would be amazing. That, or even better being able to sort by attribute.
Sort by attribute would be awesome indeed.

About search for the attribute by clicking on it I agree too. I've done this myself. But can't remember how now xD
I've even do the same thing with topic description, If I click on it it will search by it. :)

I can say that it was not hard to do this. I remember to have it done in few hours, and Im not an expert.
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

Tarantino wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:13 pm I've even do the same thing with topic description, If I click on it it will search by it. :)

I can say that it was not hard to do this. I remember to have it done in few hours, and Im not an expert.
That's a pretty sweet feature, actually... nice!

So I've been running QTE on a highly customized test forum and apart from the above oddities I have found no more issues with it and it seems to work really well with dozens of other extensions installed. Fully aware of the warnings I am considering testing this on a live board, unless there is a pressing reason not to. I am not worried about having to disable the extension at some point, as long as it isn't capable of borking my entire board... :)
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

Looks like I have it working, thanks to ErnadoO!

I was previously running the downloaded version from the first page, but I have since installed ErnadoO's github master version and it works sweet. I am a bit confused though, as it seems these latest code replacements are not for that version. This makes me wonder which version all you guys are running, and if it is not the "master" version then why not? Still feel like I am missing something, as it seems to be working perfectly now without the changes described on the last 2 pages.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”