[CDB] Lightbox

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
LukeWCS

Re: [BETA] Lightbox

Post by LukeWCS » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:39 pm

Thanks for this Ext.

This is what i need. :) I have a few small suggestions:
  • The information which resolution the image have. Maybe as tooltip on the resized (smaller) image.
  • A button to zoom the image to his full (original) size.
  • The possibility to translate also "Image x of y".
And one addition from me to this Ext: German [de][de_x_sie]
May the backup be with you. Always.

My extensions: Monospace font for Posting Editor (phpbb.de)
My extension forks: LF who was here (phpbb.de / phpbb.com), ModBreak eXtended (phpbb.com)

Allen142
Name: Allen Nguyen

Post by Allen142 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:05 pm

VSE, thank you for this extension! This one is important that can resize images if uploaded to a live forum, I prefer 640*360px as a maximum value to keep it synchronized on my database.
No sign of a forum I owned.

Thank you,
Allen

VSE
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Post by VSE » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:03 pm

LukeWCS wrote:The information which resolution the image have. Maybe as tooltip on the resized (smaller) image.
The Lightbox2 plugin does not provide that
LukeWCS wrote:A button to zoom the image to his full (original) size.
Well, the entire image is the button
LukeWCS wrote:The possibility to translate also "Image x of y".[/list]
That can't be done unfortunately, since that is handled by the Lightbox2 plugin, which I will not modify. Instead, you can modify your own installation of it by looking for "Image "+a+" of " in the lightbox.min.js script.
Dictated but not read.
Official phpBB Extensions My Extensions & MODs
Please do not PM me for support.

Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Post by Volksdevil » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:40 pm

Matt,

I've just found a topic on my board after updating where the attachment isn't having lightbox applied.
The topic is here http://www.corradog60.com/viewtopic.php?t=610 and you can see that it works elsewhere fine http://www.corradog60.com/viewtopic.php?t=607

Any idea's why the first isn't using lightbox? Is it something to do with my settings?

For lightbox I have:
Maximum image width in pixel: 500px

For attachments I have:
Maximum thumbnail width in pixel: 500px and create thumbnail set to 'yes'
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60

VSE

Post by VSE » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:39 pm

Volksdevil wrote:Matt,

I've just found a topic on my board after updating where the attachment isn't having lightbox applied.
The topic is here http://www.corradog60.com/viewtopic.php?t=610 and you can see that it works elsewhere fine http://www.corradog60.com/viewtopic.php?t=607

Any idea's why the first isn't using lightbox? Is it something to do with my settings?

For lightbox I have:
Maximum image width in pixel: 500px

For attachments I have:
Maximum thumbnail width in pixel: 500px and create thumbnail set to 'yes'
The thumbnails in the link you posted were made at 400px so that's smaller than 500, so no resize. Thumbnailed attachments don't change when you change the settings. They stay at whatever the setting ewas when the attachment was posted.
Dictated but not read.

Volksdevil

Post by Volksdevil » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:27 pm

I'm just a little confused with the settings...I may just be having a brain fart!

If you click that image in my first link you can see it's actually 650x813px...So where does 400px come from?
Edit: PS: I haven't changed any settings since first installing the extension.

I just tried uploading the same pic, but with 'Create thumbnail' set to 'No' and that adds the lightbox effect. Can you recommend the best settings so that basically all images larger than my 500px setting are lightboxed? And any below that are shown at full size without being clickable.
My phpBB Extensions

VSE

Post by VSE » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:01 pm

As I mentioned, all attachments already thumbnailed are set at previous settings and can't be changed. So all you can do is choose the settings you want now and move forward from there. If you want all images larger than 500px to be lightboxed, set it 500px. You should use the same size for this extension as you do for attachment thumbnails for consistency going forward.
Dictated but not read.

Volksdevil

Post by Volksdevil » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:24 pm

VSE wrote:As I mentioned, all attachments already thumbnailed are set at previous settings and can't be changed.
But the image (650x813px) if re-uploaded (With name changed etc) doesn't have lightbox applied and actually gets thumbnailed (Clickable to a new page), even though my settings have always been set at 500px for lightbox. Maybe just a quirk with the size...
My phpBB Extensions

LukeWCS

Post by LukeWCS » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:43 pm

VSE wrote:The Lightbox2 plugin does not provide that
Ok, no problem.
Well, the entire image is the button
No, i wrote "original size". If i click on the picture it will only zoomed to his full size but with browser maximum. I mean another zoom button in the lightbox to bring the picture to it's real size so i can scroll if the picture is bigger then my browser window.
Instead, you can modify your own installation of it by looking for "Image "+a+" of " in the lightbox.min.js script.
Yes i know, but then it's not language specific. I offer more than english on my board. But ok, that's no big thing, i simply reduce it to x / x.

Anyway, Lightbox is what i need for our developer team. :D
May the backup be with you. Always.

My extensions: Monospace font for Posting Editor (phpbb.de)
My extension forks: LF who was here (phpbb.de / phpbb.com), ModBreak eXtended (phpbb.com)

Komanche

Post by Komanche » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:38 am

VSE wrote:
Komanche wrote:I have found only three settings and no combination works for me...
And do you have an example? because from what I can see of your site, there are a few things wrong. First, you set it to a max width of 1024px, which is too large considering that Prosilver's content area is only 860px wide, so you're actually forcing pics to be too large for the area. Second I have not actually seen any pics posted that exceed 1024px on your site. Third most of the pics your users are posting are attachments, which are thumbnails at 400px. So i have not been able to find any pix that would even be affected. Start by reducing the resize image to something like 800px or match your attachments at 400px.
Hi VSE,
so it is not working on "thumbnails"? I thought it is working on all images on site, so when I click on attached thumbnail, it is "lightboxed" instead picture on whole frame...

TQA

Post by TQA » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:26 am

Is there any way to add max height to this as well?

donsenilo
Name: Markus

Post by donsenilo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:34 pm

hi vse

great work and thx !

but I'm a little bit confused ...
is it possible that images smaller then the setting are also displayed in a lightbox ?
actually pictures that are smaller appear on a new page and this is not very "elegant".

VSE

Post by VSE » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:38 pm

donsenilo wrote:hi vse

great work and thx !

is it possible that images smaller then the setting are also displayed in a lightbox ?
actually pictures that are smaller appear on a new page and this is not very "elegant".
Images that are smaller are not resized so there's no need to lightbox them. They also do not open in other pages, unless you are talking about attachment thumbnails, in which case you should be setting the lightbox thumbnails and the attachments thumbnail settings to the same number.
Dictated but not read.

Volksdevil

Post by Volksdevil » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Komanche wrote: so it is not working on "thumbnails"? I thought it is working on all images on site, so when I click on attached thumbnail, it is "lightboxed" instead picture on whole frame...
donsenilo wrote: is it possible that images smaller then the setting are also displayed in a lightbox ?
I thought that's what it did previously, hence my last posts in this topic. Maybe I'm mistaken.
My phpBB Extensions

donsenilo
Name: Markus

Post by donsenilo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:26 pm

VSE wrote:
donsenilo wrote:hi vse

great work and thx !

Images that are smaller are not resized so there's no need to lightbox them. They also do not open in other pages, unless you are talking about attachment thumbnails, in which case you should be setting the lightbox thumbnails and the attachments thumbnail settings to the same number.
thanks for your quick reply.

I understand but I'm now very confused ...

for example (look here http://www.paranormal.wien/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=52&p=60:
both option are set to 200px.

the first picture in this topic is a link to the picture.
the second is an uploaded picture as attachment with original-width of 261px (what appears strangely as 104px in width). and therefore it does not "use" the lightbox.

Return to “Extensions in Development”