[CDB] Recent Topics

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
PayBas
Former Team Member

Re: [BETA] Recent Topics

Post by PayBas »

FomenkoAndrey wrote:I propose to add an additional text-link as well as the list of forums on the index.php
I'm not sure. I think this will create even more clutter. The recent topic rows are supposed to look like viewforum rows, not an index page.

Besides, if there is a new post in the topic, the topic icon (the red/blue icon) will turn into a link, which will jump you to the first unread post anyway.
nfsmaniac wrote:Do you think, that you can make an option to show recent topics on some categories, not (only) on the main forum content?
"Display recent topics on:" in ACP is there, but no categories are there to choose, only main forum. :|
Isn't that what the "active topics" feature is for?
1.png
1.png (9.85 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
Or do you mean that you want the "global" recent topics (of all forums) to only show on a few categories? That might become confusing, as users might think that they are seeing the recent topics of the category they are currently viewing.
Raul [ThE KuKa] wrote:@ PayBas, it's possible to show Recent Topics only in some resolutions?
Yes, this is definitely possible, but like FomenkoAndrey pointed out, this is rather individual. I suggest you add a simple @media query to the CSS.
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

add in CSS file

Code: Select all

@media screen and (max-width: YOURRESOLUTIONpx) {

}
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

Ok, thanks!!! :wink:
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

nachtelb
Name: Bernhard

Post by nachtelb »

Thank you for this Extension Paybas. Works great.

It would be nice if it could be combined with pages to build a startpage with recent-topics as one element and to avoid the installation of a portal-extension.

EDIT: After testing other extensions i came to a new wish: viewtopic.php?f=496&t=2270531#p13780401
Last edited by nachtelb on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

nachtelb wrote:It would be nice if it could be combined with pages to build a startpage with recent-topics as one element and to avoid the installation of a portal-extension.
You mean including recent topics on a page created by viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2257876 ?
nachtelb
Name: Bernhard

Post by nachtelb »

Yes, thats what i meant.
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

This is probably an easy fix (not sure if it's the extension or something I did), but I'm not really sure how to fix it, since extensions are so different from MODs...
RECENT_TOPICS_EXT.PNG
RECENT_TOPICS_EXT.PNG (8.56 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
How would I fix the "RECENT_TOPICS_EXT"? I'm guessing it's something to do with the language
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Bocek

Post by Bocek »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but when clicking on a topic in the recent topics list it goes to start of the topic. Is there away to make it go to the last read post in the topic?

Post by ..777.. »

Is there any way to add a link to "recent topics" in the "quick links" dropdown?

I know a lot of my members prefer to surf like that, makes it much easier for them.
Last edited by ..777.. on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Jessica wrote:This is probably an easy fix (not sure if it's the extension or something I did), but I'm not really sure how to fix it, since extensions are so different from MODs...
RECENT_TOPICS_EXT.PNG
How would I fix the "RECENT_TOPICS_EXT"? I'm guessing it's something to do with the language
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

when I mark all forums read at index.php - resent topics shows that are unread topics, until you reload the page.
GuruQA

Post by GuruQA »

wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

Is there a way to show this only when you are logged in?

I would only like registered users to be able to see the recent topics if possible.
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

Don't need SEO ext. ;)
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

TWEagle

Post by TWEagle »

Jessica wrote:
Jessica wrote:This is probably an easy fix (not sure if it's the extension or something I did), but I'm not really sure how to fix it, since extensions are so different from MODs...
RECENT_TOPICS_EXT.PNG
Yes jessica

it is the language file info_acp_recenttopics.php where there is missing something

Return to “Extensions in Development”