[CDB] Recent Topics

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
marian0810
Former Team Member
Name: Marian

Re: [BETA] Recent Topics

Post by marian0810 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:42 am

PayBas wrote:Either that, or you just need to rename a template file.
Thank you, found that :idea: And ACP option does seem useful though :)
You and me, time and space. You watch us run!

Rimesia

Post by Rimesia » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:34 pm

Ty for the extension :)

Turkish translation ;

Code: Select all

<?php

/**
* @package Recent Topics Extension
* @copyright (c) 2014 PayBas
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.php GNU General Public License v2
* Based on the original NV Recent Topics by Joas Schilling (nickvergessen)
*/

if (!defined('IN_PHPBB'))
{
	exit;
}
if (empty($lang) || !is_array($lang))
{
	$lang = array();
}

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'RECENT_TOPICS'					=> 'Son Konular',
	'RECENT_TOPICS_LIST'			=> '"Son Konular" da görüntüle.',
	'RECENT_TOPICS_LIST_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Bu forumun konuları "Son Konular" bölümünde gözüksün mü?',

'RT_CONFIG'						=> 'Ayarlar',
	'RT_ANTI_TOPICS'				=> 'Harici Konular',
	'RT_ANTI_TOPICS_EXP'			=> '“, ” şeklinde ayırabilirsiniz (Örnek: “7, 9”)<br />Harici konu istemiyorsanız 0 girmeniz yeterlidir.',
	'RT_NUMBER'						=> 'Son Konular',
	'RT_NUMBER_EXP'					=> 'Anasayfada görüntülenecek konu sayısı.',
	'RT_PAGE_NUMBER'				=> 'Son konuların sayfası',
	'RT_PAGE_NUMBER_EXP'			=> 'Sayfalama özelliği sayesinde daha fazla konu gösterebilirsiniz.Deaktif etmek istiyorsanız 1 yazmanız yeterli eğer 0 yazarsanız hepsini gösterecektir.',
	'RT_PARENTS'					=> 'Alt Forumları göster',
	'RT_PARENTS_EXP'				=> 'Alt forumları konunun altında forum gösterilirken belirtir.',
	'RT_UNREADONLY'					=> 'Sadece okunmamış konuları göster',
	'RT_UNREADONLY_EXP'				=> 'Bu opsiyon sadece okunmamış mesajları göster (Son konu olması yada olmaması farketmeksizin)Bu özellik normal mod ile aynı özellikleri kullanmaktadır. Not : Bu özellik sadece giriş yapan kullanıcılarda çalışmaktadır , ziyaretçiler normal listeyi göreceklerdir.',

'RT_VIEW_ON'		=> 'Son konuları göster:',
	'RT_MEMBERLIST'		=> 'Üye Listesi',
	'RT_INDEX'			=> 'Index',
	'RT_SEARCH'			=> 'Ara',
	'RT_FAQ'			=> 'S.S.S',
	'RT_MCP'			=> 'MKP (Moderatör Kontrol Paneli)',
	'RT_UCP'			=> 'YKP (Yönetici Kontrol Paneli)',
	'RT_VIEWFORUM'		=> 'Forumu görüntüle',
	'RT_VIEWTOPIC'		=> 'Konuyu Görüntüle',
	'RT_VIEWONLINE'		=> 'Online olanları görüntüle',
	'RT_POSTING'		=> 'Mesaj',
	'RT_REPORT'			=> 'Bildir',
	'RT_OTHERS'			=> 'başka site',
));

RAGEstacker

Post by RAGEstacker » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:57 pm

help me when i enable the extension i get a blank page:
recettopics.png
recettopics.png (8.6 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
But when i switch to prosilver stock template it goes right..
I'm from Italy

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:22 pm

For fear of stating the obvious - there is something wrong with the style that have and really you should be talking to the style developer about that - but as all styles are still at a pre release stage I would suggest that you wait for a final release.

As I understand it the only requirement for an extension developer is to have the extension working with prosilver as it is impossible for an extension developer to know, and cater for, every other style.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

RAGEstacker

Post by RAGEstacker » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:37 am

david63 wrote:For fear of stating the obvious - there is something wrong with the style that have and really you should be talking to the style developer about that - but as all styles are still at a pre release stage I would suggest that you wait for a final release.

As I understand it the only requirement for an extension developer is to have the extension working with prosilver as it is impossible for an extension developer to know, and cater for, every other style.
i created this style and is strange...i changed only few things with css..

EDIT: if i put prosilver files in a folder called prosilverX,and i change the style.cfg according to the new style title the extension doesn't work
I'm from Italy

nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by nicofuma » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:05 am

does you style extends prosilver?
Member of phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:06 am

Hmmm yeah I guess it's a bit weird that I don't use an "all" template.

Just moved the proSilver template from /prosilver/ to /all/, so now it should work with all styles.

Get it here: https://github.com/PayBas/RecentTopics/ ... master.zip

RAGEstacker

Post by RAGEstacker » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:09 am

PayBas wrote:Hmmm yeah I guess it's a bit weird that I don't use an "all" template.

Just moved the proSilver template from /prosilver/ to /all/, so now it should work with all styles.

Get it here: https://github.com/PayBas/RecentTopics/ ... master.zip
Thanks
I'm from Italy

MakisH

Post by MakisH » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:47 pm

I just tried it on an all-default installation of RC2 (just auto-updated from freshly installed RC1). Both the 2.0.2 release and the "master" variation you uploaded result to a completely blank page (no html source delivered) when I click "enable > I'm sure to enable".

I haven't tried to install any other extension.
I have only prosilver and en-gb language installed, no other extensions/styles/whatever.

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:53 pm

MakisH wrote:I just tried it on an all-default installation of RC2 (just auto-updated from freshly installed RC1). Both the 2.0.2 release and the "master" variation you uploaded result to a completely blank page (no html source delivered) when I click "enable > I'm sure to enable".

I haven't tried to install any other extension.
I have only prosilver and en-gb language installed, no other extensions/styles/whatever.
Well that's not a very good start :roll:. What do your error logs say?

MakisH

Post by MakisH » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:02 pm

If you mean the error log found under Maintenance ACP tab, then it is empty!
I can still access the forum index and nothing has changeg. The extension is not enabled.

Let me know if you want me to test installing another (which?) extension or even re-installing RC2.

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:14 pm

MakisH wrote:If you mean the error log found under Maintenance ACP tab, then it is empty!
I can still access the forum index and nothing has changeg. The extension is not enabled.

Let me know if you want me to test installing another (which?) extension or even re-installing RC2.
Check your server error logs. You can usually access them through your DirectAdmin/cPanel control panels.

Enabling another extension will only tell us if the problem is specific to this extension, but if it throws an error too... we still won't know what's wrong ;).

MakisH

Post by MakisH » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:41 pm

It seems that now I am not even able to access forum index (blank page). I suppose that there is some problem of mine. I will try to clean install RC2 and try again, at first with another extension.
(edit: oh, I forgot. I do not have any CPanel etc now. I use a local LAMP installation on my Ubuntu laptop. I will post again in about half an hour with news.)

In the meantime, I translated it in Greek (el). Some comments:
1. In "RECENT_TOPICS_LIST_EXPLAIN", I think the "on the index" term should be deleted, because Recent Topics may be configured to be displayed on other places.
2. In "RT_UNREADONLY_EXP", I think the "(excluding forums/topics etc.)" should be changed to "(excluding topics etc.)" because there is no option to exclude whole forums. That would be nice, though.
3. Again in "RT_UNREADONLY_EXP", the phrase "This option will only display unread topics" is a bit awkward (and more awkwardly translated). I would replace "option" with "function". "Option" cannot alone "do" something like "display". But function... well, maybe! :)
4. Concerning the "view on" options, why not use the global language variables? It would be more consistent.

If you agree with (1) to (3), then the greek language file is ready! Not yet tested, of course...

<?php

/**
* @package Recent Topics Extension
* @copyright (c) 2014 PayBas
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.php GNU General Public License v2
* Based on the original NV Recent Topics by Joas Schilling (nickvergessen)
*/

if (!defined('IN_PHPBB'))
{
	exit;
}
if (empty($lang) || !is_array($lang))
{
	$lang = array();
}

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'RECENT_TOPICS'					=> 'Πρόσφατα Θέματα',
	'RECENT_TOPICS_LIST'			=> 'Εμφάνιση στα "πρόσφατα θέματα"',
	'RECENT_TOPICS_LIST_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Να εμφανίζονται τα θέματα αυτής της συζήτησης στα "πρόσφατα θέματα";',

'RT_CONFIG'						=> 'Ρυθμίσεις',
	'RT_ANTI_TOPICS'				=> 'Εξαιρούμενα θέματα',
	'RT_ANTI_TOPICS_EXP'			=> 'Χωρισμένα με “, ” (Παράδειγμα: “7, 9”)<br />Εάν δεν θέλετε να εξαιρέσετε κάποιο θέμα, απλώς εισάγετε 0.',
	'RT_NUMBER'						=> 'Πρόσφατα θέματα',
	'RT_NUMBER_EXP'					=> 'Πλήθος θεμάτων εμφανιζόμενα στο ευρετήριο.',
	'RT_PAGE_NUMBER'				=> 'Σελίδες προσφάτων θεμάτων',
	'RT_PAGE_NUMBER_EXP'			=> 'Μπορείτε να εμφανίσετε μερικά ακόμα πρόσφατα θέματα μοιράζοντάς τα σε σελίδες. Απλώς εισάγετε 1 για να απενεργοποιήσετε αυτή τη λειτουργία. Εάν εισάγετε 0 θα υπάρχουν τόσες σελίδες όσες χρειάζονται για να εμφανίζονται όλα τα θέματα.',
	'RT_PARENTS'					=> 'Εμφάνιση μητρικών συζητήσεων',
	'RT_PARENTS_EXP'				=> 'Εμφάνιση των μητρικών συζητήσεων στη γραμμή κάθε θέματος στα πρόσφατα θέματα.',
	'RT_UNREADONLY'					=> 'Εμφάνιση μόνο μη-αναγνωσμένων θεμάτων',
	'RT_UNREADONLY_EXP'				=> 'Αυτή η λειτουργία θα εμφανίζει μόνο μη-αναγνωσμένα θέματα (είτε είναι "πρόσφατα" είτε όχι). Αυτή η λειτουργία χρησιμοποιεί τις ίδιες ρυθμίσεις (εξαιρούμενες συζητήσεις/θέματα κτλ.) με την κανονική. Σημείωση: αυτό λειτουργεί μονάχα για συνδεδεμένους χρήστες. Οι επισκέπτες θα βλέπουν την κανονική λίστα.',

'RT_VIEW_ON'		=> 'Εμφάνιση προσφάτων θεμάτων σε:',
	'RT_MEMBERLIST'		=> 'Λίστα μελών',
	'RT_INDEX'			=> 'Ευρετήριο',
	'RT_SEARCH'			=> 'Αναζήτηση',
	'RT_FAQ'			=> 'Συχνές ερωτήσεις',
	'RT_MCP'			=> 'Πίνακας Ελέγχου Συντονιστών',
	'RT_UCP'			=> 'Πίνακας Ελέγχου Μέλους',
	'RT_VIEWFORUM'		=> 'Προβολή συζήτησης',
	'RT_VIEWTOPIC'		=> 'Προβολή θέματος',
	'RT_VIEWONLINE'		=> 'Μέλη σε σύνδεση',
	'RT_POSTING'		=> 'Σύνταξη δημοσίευσης',
	'RT_REPORT'			=> 'Αποστολή αναφοράς',
	'RT_OTHERS'			=> 'Άλλη τοποθεσία',
));
Last edited by MakisH on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MakisH

Post by MakisH » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:16 pm

edit: FIXED! I had not granted the necessary writing permissions during installation. But... this shouldn't give just an empty page!

I just made a fresh install of the RC2 and I have the same problem with Board Rules Extension: an empty blank page when trying to enable it. Also, sometimes even the presence of the files cause a blank page. I have not yet figured this out.

These are the last entries of my apache error log file:

[Wed Jul 16 23:33:21.658021 2014] [:error] [pid 13798] [client 127.0.0.1:55133] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(./../ext/paybas/recenttopics/migrations): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php:491\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(491): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('./../ext/paybas...', 4096)\n#1 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(403): phpbb\\finder->find_from_paths(Array, true, false)\n#2 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(126): phpbb\\finder->find_from_extension('paybas/recentto...', './../ext/paybas...')\n#3 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(64): phpbb\\extension\\base->get_migration_file_list()\n#4 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/manager.php(180): phpbb\\extension\\base->enable_step(false)\n#5 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/acp/acp_extensions.php(172): phpbb\\extension\\manager->enable_step('paybas/recentto...')\n#6 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions_module.php(666): acp_extensions->main('extensions', 'main')\n#7 /var/www/htm in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php on line 491, referer: http://localhost/phpBB3/adm/index.php?i=acp_extensions&sid=45e90e5ecd2fb016a45f7ecaee201279&mode=main&action=enable_pre&ext_name=paybas%2Frecenttopics
[Wed Jul 16 23:33:42.486660 2014] [:error] [pid 1321] [client 127.0.0.1:55137] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(./../ext/paybas/recenttopics/migrations): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php:491\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(491): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('./../ext/paybas...', 4096)\n#1 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(403): phpbb\\finder->find_from_paths(Array, true, false)\n#2 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(126): phpbb\\finder->find_from_extension('paybas/recentto...', './../ext/paybas...')\n#3 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(64): phpbb\\extension\\base->get_migration_file_list()\n#4 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/manager.php(180): phpbb\\extension\\base->enable_step(false)\n#5 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/acp/acp_extensions.php(172): phpbb\\extension\\manager->enable_step('paybas/recentto...')\n#6 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions_module.php(666): acp_extensions->main('extensions', 'main')\n#7 /var/www/htm in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php on line 491, referer: http://localhost/phpBB3/adm/index.php?i=acp_extensions&sid=45e90e5ecd2fb016a45f7ecaee201279&mode=main&action=enable_pre&ext_name=paybas%2Frecenttopics
[Wed Jul 16 23:36:56.523791 2014] [:error] [pid 13798] [client 127.0.0.1:55167] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(./../ext/paybas/recenttopics/migrations): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php:491\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(491): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('./../ext/paybas...', 4096)\n#1 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(403): phpbb\\finder->find_from_paths(Array, true, false)\n#2 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(126): phpbb\\finder->find_from_extension('paybas/recentto...', './../ext/paybas...')\n#3 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(64): phpbb\\extension\\base->get_migration_file_list()\n#4 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/manager.php(180): phpbb\\extension\\base->enable_step(false)\n#5 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/acp/acp_extensions.php(172): phpbb\\extension\\manager->enable_step('paybas/recentto...')\n#6 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions_module.php(666): acp_extensions->main('extensions', 'main')\n#7 /var/www/htm in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php on line 491, referer: http://localhost/phpBB3/adm/index.php?i=acp_extensions&sid=45e90e5ecd2fb016a45f7ecaee201279&mode=main&action=enable_pre&ext_name=paybas%2Frecenttopics
[Wed Jul 16 23:38:26.610630 2014] [:error] [pid 13798] [client 127.0.0.1:55185] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(./../ext/paybas/recenttopics/migrations): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php:491\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(491): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('./../ext/paybas...', 4096)\n#1 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(403): phpbb\\finder->find_from_paths(Array, true, false)\n#2 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(126): phpbb\\finder->find_from_extension('paybas/recentto...', './../ext/paybas...')\n#3 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(64): phpbb\\extension\\base->get_migration_file_list()\n#4 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/manager.php(180): phpbb\\extension\\base->enable_step(false)\n#5 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/acp/acp_extensions.php(172): phpbb\\extension\\manager->enable_step('paybas/recentto...')\n#6 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions_module.php(666): acp_extensions->main('extensions', 'main')\n#7 /var/www/htm in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php on line 491, referer: http://localhost/phpBB3/adm/index.php?i=acp_extensions&sid=45e90e5ecd2fb016a45f7ecaee201279&mode=main&action=enable_pre&ext_name=paybas%2Frecenttopics
[Wed Jul 16 23:43:39.186849 2014] [:error] [pid 13851] [client 127.0.0.1:55198] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(./../ext/paybas/recenttopics/migrations): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php:491\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(491): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('./../ext/paybas...', 4096)\n#1 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(403): phpbb\\finder->find_from_paths(Array, true, false)\n#2 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(126): phpbb\\finder->find_from_extension('paybas/recentto...', './../ext/paybas...')\n#3 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(64): phpbb\\extension\\base->get_migration_file_list()\n#4 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/manager.php(180): phpbb\\extension\\base->enable_step(false)\n#5 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/acp/acp_extensions.php(172): phpbb\\extension\\manager->enable_step('paybas/recentto...')\n#6 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions_module.php(666): acp_extensions->main('extensions', 'main')\n#7 /var/www/htm in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php on line 491, referer: http://localhost/phpBB3/adm/index.php?i=acp_extensions&sid=45e90e5ecd2fb016a45f7ecaee201279&mode=main&action=enable_pre&ext_name=paybas%2Frecenttopics
[Wed Jul 16 23:45:50.043225 2014] [:error] [pid 13851] [client 127.0.0.1:55226] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(./../ext/paybas/recenttopics/migrations): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php:491\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(491): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('./../ext/paybas...', 4096)\n#1 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(403): phpbb\\finder->find_from_paths(Array, true, false)\n#2 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(126): phpbb\\finder->find_from_extension('paybas/recentto...', './../ext/paybas...')\n#3 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(64): phpbb\\extension\\base->get_migration_file_list()\n#4 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/manager.php(180): phpbb\\extension\\base->enable_step(false)\n#5 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/acp/acp_extensions.php(172): phpbb\\extension\\manager->enable_step('paybas/recentto...')\n#6 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions_module.php(666): acp_extensions->main('extensions', 'main')\n#7 /var/www/htm in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php on line 491, referer: http://localhost/phpBB3/adm/index.php?i=acp_extensions&sid=c80fb5e01326e98b199decce19d216ac&mode=main&action=enable_pre&ext_name=paybas%2Frecenttopics
[Thu Jul 17 00:19:28.955374 2014] [:error] [pid 13801] [client 127.0.0.1:55463] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(./ext/phpbb/boardrules): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php:41\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('./ext/phpbb/boa...', 4096)\n#1 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->getChildren()\n#2 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php(41): RecursiveFilterIterator->getChildren()\n#3 /var/www/html/phpBB3/common.php(94): phpbb_load_extensions_autoloaders('./')\n#4 /var/www/html/phpBB3/index.php(23): include('/var/www/html/p...')\n#5 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 41
[Thu Jul 17 00:19:31.531778 2014] [:error] [pid 1321] [client 127.0.0.1:55466] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(./ext/phpbb/boardrules): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php:41\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('./ext/phpbb/boa...', 4096)\n#1 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->getChildren()\n#2 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php(41): RecursiveFilterIterator->getChildren()\n#3 /var/www/html/phpBB3/common.php(94): phpbb_load_extensions_autoloaders('./')\n#4 /var/www/html/phpBB3/index.php(23): include('/var/www/html/p...')\n#5 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 41
[Thu Jul 17 00:45:03.534891 2014] [:error] [pid 13697] [client 127.0.0.1:55589] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(./ext/phpbb/boardrules): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php:41\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('./ext/phpbb/boa...', 4096)\n#1 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->getChildren()\n#2 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php(41): RecursiveFilterIterator->getChildren()\n#3 /var/www/html/phpBB3/common.php(94): phpbb_load_extensions_autoloaders('./')\n#4 /var/www/html/phpBB3/index.php(23): include('/var/www/html/p...')\n#5 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 41
[Thu Jul 17 00:47:57.926395 2014] [:error] [pid 13488] [client 127.0.0.1:55602] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(./../ext/phpbb/boardrules): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php:41\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('./../ext/phpbb/...', 4096)\n#1 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->getChildren()\n#2 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php(41): RecursiveFilterIterator->getChildren()\n#3 /var/www/html/phpBB3/common.php(94): phpbb_load_extensions_autoloaders('./../')\n#4 /var/www/html/phpBB3/adm/index.php(23): require('/var/www/html/p...')\n#5 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 41
sh: 1: /usr/sbin/sendmail: not found
[Thu Jul 17 00:57:54.295018 2014] [:error] [pid 13488] [client 127.0.0.1:55731] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(./../ext/phpbb/boardrules): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php:41\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('./../ext/phpbb/...', 4096)\n#1 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->getChildren()\n#2 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php(41): RecursiveFilterIterator->getChildren()\n#3 /var/www/html/phpBB3/common.php(94): phpbb_load_extensions_autoloaders('./../')\n#4 /var/www/html/phpBB3/adm/index.php(23): require('/var/www/html/p...')\n#5 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 41, referer: http://localhost/phpBB3/adm/index.php?sid=e671e1a0d63dc5d8876534d85d2b34af&i=21
[Thu Jul 17 00:59:21.269175 2014] [:error] [pid 13798] [client 127.0.0.1:55751] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(./../ext/phpbb/boardrules/migrations): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php:491\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(491): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('./../ext/phpbb/...', 4096)\n#1 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(403): phpbb\\finder->find_from_paths(Array, true, false)\n#2 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(126): phpbb\\finder->find_from_extension('phpbb/boardrule...', './../ext/phpbb/...')\n#3 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(64): phpbb\\extension\\base->get_migration_file_list()\n#4 /var/www/html/phpBB3/ext/phpbb/boardrules/ext.php(51): phpbb\\extension\\base->enable_step('notifications')\n#5 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/manager.php(180): phpbb\\boardrules\\ext->enable_step('notifications')\n#6 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/acp/acp_extensions.php(172): phpbb\\extension\\manager->enable_step('phpbb/boardrule...')\n#7 in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php on line 491, referer: http://localhost/phpBB3/adm/index.php?i=acp_extensions&sid=e671e1a0d63dc5d8876534d85d2b34af&mode=main&action=enable_pre&ext_name=phpbb%2Fboardrules
[Thu Jul 17 01:00:38.804077 2014] [:error] [pid 1321] [client 127.0.0.1:55758] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(./../ext/phpbb/boardrules/migrations): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php:491\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(491): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('./../ext/phpbb/...', 4096)\n#1 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(403): phpbb\\finder->find_from_paths(Array, true, false)\n#2 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(126): phpbb\\finder->find_from_extension('phpbb/boardrule...', './../ext/phpbb/...')\n#3 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(64): phpbb\\extension\\base->get_migration_file_list()\n#4 /var/www/html/phpBB3/ext/phpbb/boardrules/ext.php(51): phpbb\\extension\\base->enable_step('notifications')\n#5 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/manager.php(180): phpbb\\boardrules\\ext->enable_step('notifications')\n#6 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/acp/acp_extensions.php(172): phpbb\\extension\\manager->enable_step('phpbb/boardrule...')\n#7 in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php on line 491, referer: http://localhost/phpBB3/adm/index.php?i=acp_extensions&sid=e671e1a0d63dc5d8876534d85d2b34af&mode=main&action=enable_pre&ext_name=phpbb%2Fboardrules
[Thu Jul 17 01:01:13.845414 2014] [:error] [pid 13493] [client 127.0.0.1:55759] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(./../ext/phpbb/boardrules/migrations): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php:491\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(491): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('./../ext/phpbb/...', 4096)\n#1 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php(403): phpbb\\finder->find_from_paths(Array, true, false)\n#2 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(126): phpbb\\finder->find_from_extension('phpbb/boardrule...', './../ext/phpbb/...')\n#3 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/base.php(64): phpbb\\extension\\base->get_migration_file_list()\n#4 /var/www/html/phpBB3/ext/phpbb/boardrules/ext.php(51): phpbb\\extension\\base->enable_step('notifications')\n#5 /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/extension/manager.php(180): phpbb\\boardrules\\ext->enable_step('notifications')\n#6 /var/www/html/phpBB3/includes/acp/acp_extensions.php(172): phpbb\\extension\\manager->enable_step('phpbb/boardrule...')\n#7 in /var/www/html/phpBB3/phpbb/finder.php on line 491, referer: http://localhost/phpBB3/adm/index.php?i=acp_extensions&sid=e671e1a0d63dc5d8876534d85d2b34af&mode=main&action=enable_pre&ext_name=phpbb%2Fboardrules
There must be a permissions mess in here. I have uncompressed the files and created the directories as a simple user. Then I copied them and pasted to the relevant directory using nautilus as root (sudo). Any suggestions?

I suppose this will not happen in a production shared hosting were one simply uploads files with FTP. I hope later there will be an option to upload and install extensions using only ACP.

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:52 am

Glad you solved the problem :). And thanks for your translation!
MakisH wrote:1. In "RECENT_TOPICS_LIST_EXPLAIN", I think the "on the index" term should be deleted, because Recent Topics may be configured to be displayed on other places.
Although at this moment only "show on index" is available, I do intend to add other locations at some point in the future (low priority atm), so you are correct.
MakisH wrote:2. In "RT_UNREADONLY_EXP", I think the "(excluding forums/topics etc.)" should be changed to "(excluding topics etc.)" because there is no option to exclude whole forums. That would be nice, though.
Forums can be excluded by simply disabling the "View on recent topics” when editing forums. So technically the current description is correct.
MakisH wrote:3. Again in "RT_UNREADONLY_EXP", the phrase "This option will only display unread topics" is a bit awkward (and more awkwardly translated). I would replace "option" with "function". "Option" cannot alone "do" something like "display". But function... well, maybe! :)
Fair point, I'll look into it.
MakisH wrote:4. Concerning the "view on" options, why not use the global language variables? It would be more consistent.
This ext is a port of a 3.0 MOD. Some of the lang vars are simply legacy. But I'll clean it up soon.

Return to “Extensions in Development”