[CDB] Breadcrumb Menu

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
PayBas
Former Team Member

Re: [BETA] Breadcrumb Menu

Post by PayBas » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:38 pm

Volksdevil wrote:When I hover over the 'Board Index' I do see the link 'MySite.come/index.php' but clicking it does nothing in latest Chrome browser, actually it works fine in IE11.

In fact none of the core breadcrumbs work any longer on Chrome 36.0.1985.125 m :!:
That's weird. Seems to work fine for me (in FF, Chrome, IE8-11). Do you have a link to your board? (you can PM me if you don't want it public).
Volksdevil wrote:EDIT: Whoops, one more thing. I have afew forums which I have set to 'No acess' permission wise for everybody, including Admin. But they are still showing in the Breadcrumb Menu for Admin, although not for Registered users. :)
The "can see forum" permission for each user-group determines if it's visible in the breadcrumbs.

Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Post by Volksdevil » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:57 pm

Yeah cool, I'll PM you a link (Just that I don't want the board indexed on search engines yet)
PayBas wrote:The "can see forum" permission for each user-group determines if it's visible in the breadcrumbs.
Strange, I've checked and double checked the 'Can see forum' and also the 'Can read forum', in fact I have everything set to no access but yet as Admin the forums still show up in the Menu for me.
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:29 pm

Your website works fine for me. In multiple browsers.

Also I think that "can view forum" is always yes for admins (although not explicit). Would have to make sure though. Hiding forums from admins doesn't make any sense to me anyway.

edit: Yes I see there is a small discrepancy between the forum visibility settings. Shouldn't be a security concern since the ext doesn't change any access settings. But for the next release I'll try to have the forums properly hidden if possible.

Volksdevil

Post by Volksdevil » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:45 pm

No problem cheers PayBas.

Regards the 'None clickable' thing...Weird. I'm running latest Chrome and IE11 side by side, and In Chrome the core breadcrumbs are no longer clickable. :| Can't see why myself. The extension breadcrumbs menu works fine though...

^^ Maybe that's better explained than my last post about it actually.
My phpBB Extensions

cprgolds

Post by cprgolds » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:36 am

Volksdevil wrote:Regards the 'None clickable' thing...Weird. I'm running latest Chrome and IE11 side by side, and In Chrome the core breadcrumbs are no longer clickable. :| Can't see why myself. The extension breadcrumbs menu works fine though...
Works fine for me with IE11 and Chrome 36.0.1985.125 m.

You may have a Chrome extension "helping" you. Have you tried starting Chrome with the --disable-extensions command-line option to disable extensions?

cprgolds

Post by cprgolds » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:46 am

PayBas -- I really like this extension.

Works fine for me with IE, Chrome, and Firefox.

With Safari 5.1.7 for PC, only the first level dropdown appears. Not that important for PC users, but wonder how this works for Apple users.

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:42 am

cprgolds wrote:With Safari 5.1.7 for PC, only the first level dropdown appears. Not that important for PC users, but wonder how this works for Apple users.
Even though Safari 5.1 is not supported, it should be fixed now. https://github.com/PayBas/BreadcrumbMenu/commits/master

@Volksdevil: I've check the permissions thingy, and it doesn't seem to be a problem with this extension.

You should set "can see forum" to "never". The easiest way to check this is by using the jump-box. If a user can see the forum in the jump-box, it will also be displayed in the breadcrumb menu (as intended).

Volksdevil

Post by Volksdevil » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:05 am

@cprgolds, yeah I've disabled Chrome extensions (I only run a lowly two of them anyway) and no luck with doing that. Really frustrating! Especially as the Menu does work really well! :cry: I'm almost ready to video it just to show that I'm not going mad :lol:
phpbb-bread.png
phpbb-bread.png (18.14 KiB) Viewed 1211 times
@PayBas, I've just had another play with permissions and found the one that causes the 'No access' forums to show for Admin in the breadcrumb menu. :)

If I go to:
ACP > Users and Groups > Group permissions > Administrators drop down
First drop down > Select type: Administrative permissions
Click ' Forums' tab

And the permission "Can manage forums" is the one that either shows or doesn't show them for Admin. So this seems to be over riding the 'Can not see' permission set elsewhere. Either way, the 'No access' forums never show in the 'Jump box' :?:
My phpBB Extensions

Volksdevil

Post by Volksdevil » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi PayBas, I still seem to be having the above 'None clickable' issue...

But anyway, still loving the extension. Can you tell me how to have it working on a custom page at all? I have the Board Rules extension and the menu works on the board rules page just fine (Although not for the actual board rules breadcrumb) which I'd expect anyway. It does still work on hovering over 'Board Index' viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2208976

Say I have the typical page like: mysite.com/examplepage.php, the menu doesn't seem to work on the 'Board index' crumb.

This is what I get when inspecting element:

Code: Select all

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function breadcrumb-menu.js?assets_version=204:64
toggleBCDropdown breadcrumb-menu.js?assets_version=204:64
(anonymous function)
My phpBB Extensions

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:10 am

Volksdevil wrote:Say I have the typical page like: mysite.com/examplepage.php, the menu doesn't seem to work on the 'Board index' crumb.

This is what I get when inspecting element:

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function breadcrumb-menu.js?assets_version=204:64
toggleBCDropdown breadcrumb-menu.js?assets_version=204:64
(anonymous function)
Can't seem to reproduce it. How is your custom page generated? You can send me a PM with the link if you want.

Volksdevil

Post by Volksdevil » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi PayBas,

I've made the custom page as per the wiki on here for 3.0.12. Basically a php file at root, and a template file in the prosilver/templates folder. I'll pop you a PM over now. :)
My phpBB Extensions

Volksdevil

Post by Volksdevil » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:54 pm

OK, the issue regards the menu not working on my custom page is fixed thanks to PayBas, I had stupidly included jquery for a second time. Still have the below:
Volksdevil wrote:
phpbb-bread.png
@PayBas, I've just had another play with permissions and found the one that causes the 'No access' forums to show for Admin in the breadcrumb menu. :)
If I go to:
ACP > Users and Groups > Group permissions > Administrators drop down
First drop down > Select type: Administrative permissions
Click ' Forums' tab

And the permission "Can manage forums" is the one that either shows or doesn't show them for Admin. So this seems to be over riding the 'Can not see' permission set elsewhere. Either way, the 'No access' forums never show in the 'Jump box' :?:
My phpBB Extensions

Volksdevil

Post by Volksdevil » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 am

Just installed on another 3.1.1 board, all's well except my previous issue of not being able to click the core breadcrumbs in google chrome :? Turned off the only chrome extension I have (Adblock) and still the same.

Weird.
My phpBB Extensions

martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:38 am

phpBB 3,1.2 All works ok but when viewing a pm you have sent debug kicks in

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/paybas/breadcrumbmenu/event/listener.php on line 185: Undefined offset: -1

line 185 $parent_id = $list[$current_id]['parent_id'];

This is the only place debug shows

<!-- IF S_CODE_UNTIDY and S_MESS_ON_INDEX Good If_Not_TIDY_Then_SUBMIT -->

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:33 am

martin123456 wrote:phpBB 3,1.2 All works ok but when viewing a pm you have sent debug kicks in

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/paybas/breadcrumbmenu/event/listener.php on line 185: Undefined offset: -1

line 185 $parent_id = $list[$current_id]['parent_id'];

This is the only place debug shows
Thanks for pointing it out. You can follow the issue here: https://github.com/PayBas/BreadcrumbMenu/issues/4

Return to “Extensions in Development”