[CDB] PhpBB Directory

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
ErnadoO
Name: Erwan Nader

Re: [DEV] PhpBB Directory

Post by ErnadoO » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:32 pm

Leafy wrote:Only error I can see so far is a possible conflict with the Advanced BBcode Box extension - on the new website page the bbcode buttons look fine, but on the comments pop-up window it displays 2 copies of all the bbcodes - the default bbcode buttons and the abbcode ones.
I will see that next week end ;)
Leafy wrote:...oh & the search results page has a link to "RETURN_TO_SEARCH_ADV" which I'm guessing should say something slightly less technical ;-)
Fixed ;)
Leafy wrote:...and is there a way to add a link to comments on the search results page? Currently all I can see is the number of comments a link has...but no ability to actually view them.
Fixed ;)
Former Administrator && MOD team leader on phpbb-fr.com

Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Post by Puchahawa » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:45 pm

ErnadoO wrote:
Leafy wrote:Only error I can see so far is a possible conflict with the Advanced BBcode Box extension - on the new website page the bbcode buttons look fine, but on the comments pop-up window it displays 2 copies of all the bbcodes - the default bbcode buttons and the abbcode ones.
I will see that next week end ;)
I noticed that as well. Thought I would give you a visual of it. :D Other than this minor issue I love the extension. It is just what we were talking about doing on our board. BRAVO!

ErnadoO

Post by ErnadoO » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:26 am

Ok, i found the problem

Advanced BBcode Box uses overall_header_head_append and overall_footer_after events, so abbc3.css and abbc3.js are includes in overall_header.html and overall_footer.html files.
But in my extension, comments pop-up window don't use theses files, it uses simple_header.html and simple_footer.html

We need to include abbc3 files into these files too.

Solution is simple:
  • Disable Advanced BBCode Box extension
  • Go to ext/vse/abbc3/styles/all/template/event
  • Copy overall_footer_after.html to simple_footer_after.html
  • Copy overall_header_head_append to simple_header_head_append.html
  • Enable Advanced BBCode Box extension
;)

Puchahawa

Post by Puchahawa » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Worked great. Thanks ErnadoO
Last edited by Puchahawa on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ErnadoO

Post by ErnadoO » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:31 pm

cache cleaned?

Solution above works, and at this point, it's unrelated to my extension :?

Puchahawa

Post by Puchahawa » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:33 pm

Just had a glitch. :lol: It's working great. Thanks again.

watisnf.nl
Name: David

Post by watisnf.nl » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:03 pm

I think that there is a issue with the category description, it does not show the whole description

I have:
Hier kan je de links vinden naar Neurofibromatose verenigingen en stichtingen in Nederland.

I see:
Hier kan je de links vinden naar Neurofibromatose verenigingen en stichtingen in Ne

As you can see a part is cut away there, I don't think that this is normal behavior. You might want to take a look at that ;) I will do some more testing, I let you know if I notice more issues.
Dutch Translator | Looking for, Dutch extensions translations

ErnadoO

Post by ErnadoO » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:45 am

Hi,

yes, it's a kind of CSS issue from content.css:

Code: Select all

ul.topiclist dt {
    font-size: 1.1em;
    margin-right: -440px;
    width: 100%;
}
If i override margin-right property, description is no longer cutted, but:

As you can see, there is a bug with the right category background; and i am not sufficiently good in css to resolve this bug :(

If there is an expert around.... ;)

watisnf.nl

Post by watisnf.nl » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:06 pm

Yeah I see what you mean, I wish I knew the fix but I'm not better in css then you are :P Maybe someone will respond to this threat, else you can try it in 'extension writers discussion' :)

Updated the Dutch translation with the latest master. Can you give me a sign when this extension is almost ready so I can add a PR? I don't want to be to early and add PR's again, for all the changes that you might make.

I don't have the 'Nieuw' image yet for ernadoo/phpbbdirectory/styles/prosilver/theme/nl, I need to ask someone to make it for me. I'm not that good at photoshop ;)

I'm beginning to like this extension and I guess that I'm definitely going to use this for my website ones I'm going to 3.1. The only downsizes would be the routing which is mydomain.com/directory, but I can life with that. It doesn't sound well in Dutch but I don't think that user will be bothered by that.

Maybe something that can be changed, you can add icons to a link categories but the icons needs to be around 50px-50px It would be nice if they could be a little-bit bigger. I'm used to use 96px-96-px now on my linkpage and the MOD resizes it automatically. But see it as a suggestion it still looks nice to me ;)

ErnadoO

Post by ErnadoO » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:22 pm

watisnf.nl wrote:Yeah I see what you mean, I wish I knew the fix but I'm not better in css then you are :P Maybe someone will respond to this threat, else you can try it in 'extension writers discussion' :)
I will try, again, to improve xhtml/css code, because it's still ugly :D
watisnf.nl wrote:Updated the Dutch translation with the latest master. Can you give me a sign when this extension is almost ready so I can add a PR? I don't want to be to early and add PR's again, for all the changes that you might make.
Thanks!
it is possible that i will modify php/css code the next few weeks, but i will not add/modify language key, my extension is done, i have just need to clean the code a little.
So you can add PR ;)
watisnf.nl wrote:I don't have the 'Nieuw' image yet for ernadoo/phpbbdirectory/styles/prosilver/theme/nl, I need to ask someone to make it for me. I'm not that good at photoshop ;)
I have this one if you want: Image but if you use it, you need to update your nl/directory.css file (padding-left from 25 to 23px).
watisnf.nl wrote:I'm beginning to like this extension and I guess that I'm definitely going to use this for my website ones I'm going to 3.1. The only downsizes would be the routing which is mydomain.com/directory, but I can life with that. It doesn't sound well in Dutch but I don't think that user will be bothered by that.
It's very simple to change that, open config/routing.yml and set the "path" parameter as you want:

ernadoo_phpbbdirectory_base_controller:
    path: /what_you_want
    defaults: { _controller: ernadoo.phpbbdirectory.controller.categories:base }
will works ;)
watisnf.nl wrote:Maybe something that can be changed, you can add icons to a link categories but the icons needs to be around 50px-50px It would be nice if they could be a little-bit bigger. I'm used to use 96px-96-px now on my linkpage and the MOD resizes it automatically. But see it as a suggestion it still looks nice to me ;)
I will think about it ;)

watisnf.nl

Post by watisnf.nl » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:16 pm

ErnadoO wrote:
watisnf.nl wrote:I don't have the 'Nieuw' image yet for ernadoo/phpbbdirectory/styles/prosilver/theme/nl, I need to ask someone to make it for me. I'm not that good at photoshop ;)
I have this one if you want: Image but if you use it, you need to update your nl/directory.css file (padding-left from 25 to 23px).
That Image is German not Dutch as in The Netherlands ;) I asked one of the co-translators if they are good at photoshop, I can add the PR ones I have that little image.
ErnadoO wrote:
watisnf.nl wrote:I'm beginning to like this extension and I guess that I'm definitely going to use this for my website ones I'm going to 3.1. The only downsizes would be the routing which is mydomain.com/directory, but I can life with that. It doesn't sound well in Dutch but I don't think that user will be bothered by that.
It's very simple to change that, open config/routing.yml and set the "path" parameter as you want:

ernadoo_phpbbdirectory_base_controller:
    path: /what_you_want
    defaults: { _controller: ernadoo.phpbbdirectory.controller.categories:base }
will works ;)
That's actually cool, I learn here everyday. I keep this in mind I might change it to something Dutch, thank you :)

Joost01
Name: Joost

Post by Joost01 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:53 am

Nice extension, well done! :D
Umm there is an error, my forum is not show after enabling this extension.. :roll:

I have this disabled this for now. : |
Board version: 3.2.8
Style: Metrolike

ErnadoO

Post by ErnadoO » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:08 am

Mhhh, i have no idea, but try this:

In your user control panel, change language for english and style by prosilver; then enable extension and clean mannually your cache directory (delete all files exept .htacccess and index.html), then F5 on your board' index

Joost01

Post by Joost01 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:30 am

ErnadoO wrote:Mhhh, i have no idea, but try this:

In your user control panel, change language for english and style by prosilver; then enable extension and clean mannually your cache directory (delete all files exept .htacccess and index.html), then F5 on your board' index
Thank you for your help, i was forgot upload the translated NL files in the style map (styles/prosilver/theme) :) Its now solved.

Joost01

Post by Joost01 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:44 am

Next problem, the icon from the directory will not show.. o_o' :roll:

Return to “Extensions in Development”